Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77045 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 5/7, 3/3 - D2 - Wuba Dub Dead
« Reply #600 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:47 pm »

Well, I guess I owe Webadict an apology...

Let's see...My number one vote is NKed, my number three lynched, and number two is rife with WIFOM arguments based on this aftermath.

Hmm...it could be that the scum did this in a sloppy attempt to frame somebody, but that seems a little too obvious, even for a newbie.  Webadict's investigation only pointed to Vector and Urist, and Urist is already dead, and Vector is...iffy to investigate, given that we could go round and round about whether or not she would NK Weba after their fighting Day One.

Bdthemag, I want some answers from you.  You have been damned quiet throughout day one, and now you kick off day 2 with a poorly reasoned vote against Flandre.  You spent the late end of day one absent except for an extension, and a complete lack of defense OR voting strategy.  I'm still annoyed that, with Day One as heated as it was, you didn't bother to ask any questions or do anything except pop in for an exception, conveniently timed when things looked grim for you.  Oh, and who was it that pointed that out at first?  Flandre, I believe.  Webadict was a strong, strong Town player who wasn't reading you, but Flandre was.  You seem awfully quick to jump on her this early in day one.  Is it because she detects the potent air of scum about you?

TL;DR you coasted and flew under the radar throughout day one, didn't seem to give two shits about your votes, and have voted for the only person to suspect you with only the flimsiest of pretexts. 

My main question for you: Why is Flandre scum to you?  Is it seriously because she thought NKing Webadict was too obvious a move for Scum Vector?  Because to me, that's the worst reason imaginable.  It's WIFOM certainly, but not a scumtell.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 09, 2011, 09:17:11 pm »

Fuck, SERIOUSLY?!

On the other hand, this is pretty much the best possible nightkill, because it saves town a lynch.

(Logic:

I was going to lynch Webadict at all costs today...

Agreed.  I would have been right there with you, and that would have been a tremendous waste of time.  We still would have lost Weba, but an entire day of hunting to boot.
On the Nature of Dwarves

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 09, 2011, 09:45:05 pm »

Just to throw my 2 cents in, if you guys still think vec is suspicious, why not expand upon wubas suspicions? There is no need to interpret the NK sucssesfuly, so you should probably just stick with your previous suspicions if she was high up on your list.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:22 pm »

Bd, you need to answer questions. I could elaborate on why I believe you to be suspicious about how you go about answering them (or avoiding them), but I will let this speak for itself.

Here is a snide remark (my personal favorite):
There, happy?

And here is a defusing statement and a couple of excuses that you have offered:
Jesus christ im missing alot of questions.
Excuse me if that made no sense, im really tired.
Simple I wasn't aware you asked me any questions, it just seemed like you were commenting on my post's.
Excuse me if I missed any questions, im tired as hell currently.

Here are some points you have not responded to.

I brought this one up twice:
Bdthemag:
Jc: Excuse me for my "terrible questions", this is a beginners game after all.
How many games have you been a part of before you joined this one? It had to be several games, if you have gained notoriety as a lurker.

Here is Urist's attempt at wriggling out of my grasp. They were questions addressed to you, nonetheless:
@Bdthemag Who do you think the scum are? Why were you so defensive early on in this game? And why did you you disappear afterward?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:13 am »

No kibitzing from non-ICs, please.

We've had some serious problems with this in the past.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 10, 2011, 12:48:01 am »

No kibitzing from non-ICs, please.

We've had some serious problems with this in the past.

Kibitzing?
On the Nature of Dwarves

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 10, 2011, 01:29:26 am »

Ah, sorry. *disappear*

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 10, 2011, 04:01:31 pm »

All right, enough of slacking time to get to scumhunting.

IronyOwl: You were pretty passive D1 but when you acted it all was bit strange how often it was connected with scriver/kilakan/urist actions. . He was also strangely looking for your support few times. This itself wouldn't be enoug to make you my prime suspect but every time you pointed out his mistakes you ended at simple remark where everyone else mistakes you pointed out were followed by some questioning. I belive you were the person who attacked urist the least. Any conclusions from urist flip ?

Billbobfred : You voted webadict at the end of the day when it was obvious that bd who you were voting won't be lynched ? Doing that and inciting the webadcidt argument again would be a bit useful for the scum don't you think ? Could you remind us the reasons why you done it ?
Also this is interesting from my point of view :
You've "stated a suspicion" of McInternetuser? Fine, but you still said "Vector IS scum therefore I do not need to hunt more scum". It betrays a certain state of mind, even coming from someone who knows how scum think.
This "Fine" sound just like scum saying "Dang,you can got my buddy but you won't get me!".So now few unrelated (or not) questions: your opinion on bd now ?

Vector: Who's your pick right now ? Also i would like to know your read on the urist that remains alive.

UristMcArathos: Does webadict turining town changed much of your scumpicks order ? If so who's your prime suspect now ?

Flandre: How do you think urist death will change the scum tactics ? Who's least scummy to you ?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:59 pm »

Woops, forgot to mention this:

The day will end Friday, 7:00 PM forum time. You need 2 to extend and 4 to shorten.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:02 pm »

Simple

Weba turning Town greatly upsets my suspicions.  I curently have the following picks:

1) Bdthemag.  I'm voting for him, because his behavior has gone from questionable to downright scummy in my eyes.  See my last post for more details, I am happy to answer any questions you may have as well.

2) Billybobfred/Vector.  Both have some things that are making me suspicious, but it's hard to pin them down with anything too solid.  Unfortunately, Weba being NKed is hard to ignore when making a case against Vector.  It seems like an obvious scum framing (but that way lies WIFOM, so I try to push it aside).

3) IronyOwl.  Not much on the owl, but I was fairly sure at least one IC was scum, and I'm not sure where I stand on Irony.  Bears watching, at least.

I'm pretty sure you and Flandre are town; your scumhunting currently seems legit, not bandwagoning.  I suppose Flandre could have bussed Urist, but his play was so sloppy at the end I doubt it.  It seemed like an easy call to make.
On the Nature of Dwarves

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2011, 04:47:30 pm »

Billbobfred : You voted webadict at the end of the day when it was obvious that bd who you were voting won't be lynched ? Doing that and inciting the webadcidt argument again would be a bit useful for the scum don't you think ? Could you remind us the reasons why you done it ?
Also this is interesting from my point of view :
You've "stated a suspicion" of McInternetuser? Fine, but you still said "Vector IS scum therefore I do not need to hunt more scum". It betrays a certain state of mind, even coming from someone who knows how scum think.
This "Fine" sound just like scum saying "Dang,you can got my buddy but you won't get me!".So now few unrelated (or not) questions: your opinion on bd now ?
What do you mean by "the webadict argument"? Webadict was arguing all over the place right when I made my vote. There was nothing for me to "incite" "again". And even if there was, he was focusing on Vector, not McInternetuser.

I voted him because he was contradicting himself all over the place and generally spewing forth scumtells like, well, scum.

That "fine" sounds absolutely nothing like the thing you said. No, seriously, I have no idea how you got that. But just to be clear, the implication was "yeah, 'stated a suspicion', that totally means a whole lot coming from someone who just outright said finding one scum is enough, by the way that was sarcasm and what I actually think is that it was bullshit". Though I was clearly wrong about that.

Bd has made one post since day 2 started, and it was a fairly shitty one. He still hasn't answered my question. (Not that I care anymore what the answer is, it's just bothering me that he hasn't given one.) That's all pretty scummy, but the problem is, I don't know whether I'm seeing genuine scumtells or just seeing what I want to see because I'm that bothered by his consistent refusal to answer one question.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 10, 2011, 05:39:24 pm »

Flandre: How do you think urist death will change the scum tactics ? Who's least scummy to you ?
I do not want to give out advice to the remaining scum, so I will politely refrain from answering your first question, unless you insist that I do.
To answer your second question, I suspect you the least. You have played solidly all throughout day one, and I have not found much to pry or interrogate from you. Understand, though, that this does not mean that my back is turned to you; I am still looking for a misstep. I would say that IronyOwl is up there with you as well, but he plays too nicely for me to disregard him.

Bd: I am still waiting.

IronyOwl: From those of us remaining, what is the order that you suspect us, and what is your reasoning?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 10, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »

Urist I find it suspicious to automatically assume someone is town just because of night actions. I thought we knew better than to discussion mafia kills.

Flandre I've been in a few games before, but due to me jumping straight into the less beginner friendly games I got nervous and lurked. I guess i'll answer the Dead Urist's questions then, I think Billybob or Simple is scum at the moment. I was defensive early on because my scumhunting isn't that good, so I decided I could balance it out by being more defensive. And I dissapeared because I got really fucking busy, and didn't have alot of time to go on the computer.

Unvote, I honestly voted just to see Flandre's reaction.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:12 pm »

I never said I automatically assumed it, I said that it was hard to ignore.  If you'd paid attention, you'd see she's my second pick.  I'm just having a hard time sorting out, in my head, a case that doesn't have WIFOM arguments in it.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 10, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »

I am too sleepy to post anything meaningful, but...

Bdthemag: Why do you suspect Simple and Billybob, exactly?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49