Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 77036 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 5/7, 3/3 - D2 - Wuba Dub Dead
« Reply #585 on: August 09, 2011, 07:42:37 pm »

It's stated in the first post that roles are independent.

So yes, the second scum can be a godfather.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 09, 2011, 07:43:46 pm »

I just got stuff sorted out read through the thread, and said to my self: "Holy shit. A mafia lynch on day 1. Amazing. Though internet user didnt try any defense, which is bad, but all the worse since was scum."    I will be following this game, great job, town!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 09, 2011, 07:44:55 pm »

Mod There's only one special role or the second mafia member can be a godfather ?
There may or may not be a godfather in the game. There is a 50% chance of one, reguardless of other roles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:14 pm »

You did 50/50? I had 33/67 :V

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »

Sorry for the absence, i've been busy as hell the past few day's.

Flandre Why exactely do you want to assume Vector is town just because you suspect that she wouldn't do something?
I did say that it was an instinctive assumption, Bdthemag. Since Vector was voting for Wuba prior to his death, I highly doubted she would have night-killed him. It sounds silly now that it is out of my mouth, but there it is.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »

You did 50/50? I had 33/67 :V
There is a 50% chance for any of these roles to show up. It is possible to end up with no extra roles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 09, 2011, 07:52:07 pm »

you cannot read nightkills.  Period.  Don't try, don't think about it, etc.

Just saying.
Quite correct.

If Vector is scum, she might have killed webadict because she felt he was too good a scumhunter to leave alive. Or because she knew he'd continue pressuring her. Or because she was concerned he might be too convincing to let live. Or because she knew it'd look too ballsy to be true if she went on and on about how he was scum and then had him flip town. Or because she was genuinely enraged at him and let that override more nuanced concerns.

If someone else is scum, they might have killed webadict because they felt he was too good a scumhunter to leave alive. Or because they knew he'd continue pressing someone else. Or because they were concerned about leaving such a convincing townie alive. Or because they knew it might look bad for Vector to have her go on and on about how he was scum and then have him flip town. Or even because they wanted it to look like Vector was relying on WIFOM to make it look like she would never have done such a bad-looking move, meaning she did.

The bottom line is, there's way too many possibilities to draw conclusions from the nightkill without some serious backup evidence giving it direction.

More later. It's a brand new day, so let the scumhunting commence.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 09, 2011, 07:54:23 pm »

Thanks for killing me, scum! P.S. Not a Cop or a Doctor :P

See ya later, guys.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 09, 2011, 07:56:10 pm »

Fuck, SERIOUSLY?!

On the other hand, this is pretty much the best possible nightkill, because it saves town a lynch.

(Logic:

I was going to lynch Webadict at all costs today, including taking his bet.  He would have flipped town.  Then, either

a. I get killed
b. I don't get killed but WIFOM WIFOM WIFOM

In any case, it speeds up the game I see it and we get another free day of scumhunting)

Hmmm... need to reread!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:49 pm »

See ya later, guys.
Remember, you can still offer IC wisdom. Like a friendly ghost who can't be bothered to just possess the hero and go kick ass himself.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 09, 2011, 07:59:12 pm »

See ya later, guys.
Remember, you can still offer IC wisdom. Like a friendly ghost who can't be bothered to just possess the hero and go kick ass himself.
I feel too biased at this point to make any comments, but if I see anything, can do.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 09, 2011, 08:07:56 pm »

I'm not entirely clear what you mean by that. Explain plz?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 09, 2011, 08:10:54 pm »

I'm not entirely clear what you mean by that. Explain plz?
She censored what would have been a WIFOM argument that read into the night-kill. I think.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:07 pm »

Provided that I don't get lynched immediately after Wuba's death and that the scum keep me alive, my being alive in the endgame would cause a lot of questions--"is she scum or is the scum letting her live?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 09, 2011, 08:32:21 pm »

That makes sense. I can't say whether it's good nightkill strategy but it's certainly what I would do, given the chance.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 49