Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111328 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2012, 05:39:43 pm »

Just got in, made a character and 'you are disconnected from this service'

lmao :(

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:23 pm »

You in Europe?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:06 pm »

So i've decided to get this offered to me as a birthday present, and it seems that right after the purchase, my internet slowed down real bad. FML. I think i could be playing right now if this didnt happen.

We're several people on this connection so i'm guessing one of those ... illiterate people is doing something wrong.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:47:13 pm by Sirian »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2012, 05:47:25 pm »

You in Europe?

Aye mate, England.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2012, 05:47:53 pm »

all internet is slowing down right now due to people buying this today instead of pre-order

seems like we in the US stand a chance of server issues being worked out by the time our server goes live, what with Asia and Europe dealing with the initial headaches. It's nice to have this role reversal!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:49:53 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2012, 05:52:03 pm »

all internet is slowing down right now due to people buying this today instead of pre-order

I DID preorder ! ...a few hours ago.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2012, 06:02:58 pm »

I'm in and the progression of Briggsy the Barbarian has begun! Two lovely drops from the odd, exceptional short sword and exceptional dagger. 8 and 7.8 dps :D

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2012, 06:06:41 pm »

Apparently there are already clears of normal in Korea. This calls for an internet outcry!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »

Apparently there are already clears of normal in Korea. This calls for an internet outcry!

When did it unlock over there?

Also I wouldn't dive on the internet rumors quite yet. I figure if you tear through the game and skip all the side areas, you might be able to do it in 7 hours?

Funny, a friend I know picking it up was like "I want to get in there and start burning through it as fast as I can."

Us: "Why so fast?"

Him: "To get to selling items, of course."

It's nice when who you won't be playing with it clearly outlined for you :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2012, 06:29:16 pm »

I don't care one way or another. The RMAH isn't active for a week anyway. I just find it funny that people are willing to get enraged over the series' equivalent of the tutorial being easily rushed through.

*shrug* I also plan on selling stuff, to fund my copies of the SC2/D3 expansions. Just not before my friends have had their pick.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2012, 06:39:09 pm »

Oh I don't care if he sells. I just don't want to play with someone who is going to skip everything in their rush to get through it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

Yeah fair enough. I'd planned on playing a "mandatory watch all cinematics" run myself, and my friends are sticklers for clearing EVERYthing. Lucky to have a group that matches my style. :)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2012, 06:48:49 pm »

I just picked up my preorder, sweet shit the usb soulstone thing looks awesome!

I have to wait until 7pm where I live (NZ) before it unlocks and I can play it, but that's alright.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2012, 07:37:58 pm »

I'm pretty skeptical that anybody will be selling a whole lot of anything, or at least for anything more than a few dollars total over months.

I've seen tremendous amounts of people claiming that they're going to sell items.

I've seen tremendous amounts of people claiming they won't touch RMAH with a 10 foot pole from either end.

I've literally seen maybe two people claiming that they 'might' buy from the RMAH if the price was low enough.

It really doesn't sound like anybody is going to buy anything from the RMAH except the rarest of the ultra rare items, and even then only at a fairly modest price.

There's also the fact that when you do sell, by the time you cash out for real money Blizzard has taken anywhere from 25% to 40% of what you've gotten over flat fees, sales 'tax', and cash out 'tax'.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2012, 07:49:30 pm »

You've seen a bunch of people with enough vested interest in internet cred to make sure people are reading that they'd never, ever buy items ever. You haven't seen... well pretty much everyone else. Or these "net cred" folks when they put money into the system, because that's a private transaction.

I hadn't planned to put money into the system if I can avoid it, but if it turns out I can turn a slow profit from the commodities markets I would consider putting a few bucks of starter cash into the system at some point. The way I see it, if Spiral Knights can sustain the crystal energy market which is a straight evaporation of money, there will certainly be enough interest in gear/craft gambling/whatever for many people to sink a few bucks/euros/pesos/rubles/whatever into D3.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98