Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111322 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2012, 07:41:05 pm »

Crafting is always better: It is, because the first time you kill Arthas Leoric, you're level 7 or 8, but instead of moving on, you play that area over again until you can craft gear for level 11-12. drops from champions were better than the stuff I crafted when the levels matched (Character level 4 drops were on par with character level 4 crafts). Anyone can use armor: Torchlight did the same thing and for some reason people think it was AWESOME. Also, just because anyone can use it, doesn't mean anyone should use it.

Groups: I played with friends (likely the same group I'll still be with on inferno difficulty) the whole time, so we did work together, and we did trade loot around. I wouldn't expect anything from public games, either.

Boss: I saw him get snared, but he was immune to all my stuns/blinds. Never saw him stunned once, in any fight.

Skills are crap: I tried to play with everything a bit; the only ones that struck me as sub-par were the un-runed charged bolt wizard spell, and the un-runed staff charge on the monk. I could see the staff charge being useful later, to free someone from a swarm on higher difficulties, or whatnot. Everything else I did manage to find a useful role for.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2012, 03:34:50 am »

I don't have beta access but the more I read or watch about this game, the more overglorified I think it is...
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2012, 08:25:16 am »

Welp. It's almost upon us. Who is gonna be around tomorrow?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2012, 08:41:16 am »

Welp. It's almost upon us. Who is gonna be around tomorrow?

Around as in ITT? Few people.
Around as in on Diablo? An inversely proportionate number. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2012, 09:13:47 am »

I'm in the UK so it's available to install here in 45 minutes and available to play at 23:01 local time. Gonna hopefully get on straight away and play for 2/3 hours :D

Unsure on what class to go first. I'm thinking barbarian.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2012, 09:33:25 am »

So... I'm glad I didn't preorder.

Friend got hit by this. He is not a happy chap at the moment.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2012, 09:40:50 am »

Yep, I've got my installer sitting here waiting for the unlock in about 20 minutes or so. Still a bit hard to believe it's actually happening. It's only been, what, 10 years or so, that I've waited for this game? heh.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2012, 09:41:18 am »

Are they the one and only retail games outlet? Because it would seem to be a poor choice to pre-order from a company that's about to go under Administrative Management.

And congrats to the people across the pond who get to play it first, for once. :P
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2012, 09:48:02 am »

There's a couple of others (JB Hifi and Electronics Boutique are probably the big ones, plus a bunch of the general electrical stores that happen to have a gaming section), but these guys are known for being pretty cheap, and they often have stores in smaller shopping centres and such where other companies don't.

Plus, how many people really keep up with the fiscal stability of companies on the other side of the world?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 14, 2012, 09:58:26 am »

It's one reason I don't buy from electronic boutiques. They're cheap, shady and prone to stuff like this.

Plus, how many people really keep up with the fiscal stability of companies on the other side of the world?

I wouldn't be ordering from a company on the other side of world to begin with. Amazon seems like a more reliable retailer than local electronics boutiques.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 14, 2012, 10:11:35 am »

I am happy for my UK friends, but I am agonizing over my "long" wait here in the States.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 14, 2012, 10:23:11 am »

Gentlemen!

... The US installer is active and working as intended. 11%.

Plus, the updated Tristram music it plays is pretty spiffy.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 14, 2012, 10:28:29 am »

yup. installed fast for me. now waiting. impatiently. I am legitimately sick today, may have to take tomorrow off to make sure I am better  ;)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10:38 am »

What the hell? That's... stealing, by every definition. And it's not illegal?

Sometimes, I just have to stop what I'm doing and shed a single tear for the sorry state of humanity.

I've got a preorder in at GAME, but I haven't put a single penny down for it, thankfully (dunno about other GAME stores, but mine let you reserve a copy for free if you have a loyalty card) and I'll be getting it for 99p tomorrow thanks to their awesome trade-in deals, so I'm okay. Major disappointment at that, though.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 14, 2012, 11:17:38 am »

they are in bankruptcy administration and even if you file as a creditor you will not be compensated as you are too far down the chain of creditors. This sort of thing usually never happens to consumers because it's brand suicide. GAME is a terrible chain and you should not patron them.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 98