Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98

Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 111303 times)

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »

It has nothing to do with Internet Cred, I think.

It has to do with people being generally stingy.

Cash shop MMOs have very, very few customers percentage-wise from their total user base.

And in cash shop MMOs, all the money from those few customers is flowing to one single source. They profit off that. Trust me, if they had even, say, a 20% user base:paying customer ratio, they'd be making some pretty insane cash. Usually it's more along the lines of 2% to 5%

Try splitting that actual spending across millions of sources.

Edit: also keep in mind that those cash shops with the 2 to 5% paying customer rates are games where they are selling things which literally cannot be attained in any way except purchasing them with cash. Diablo 3 is a game where anything you can sell will be equally available to the buyer if they just put the gameplay time in instead. That's going to /severely/ restrict the value of any item that doesn't require dozens of hours to obtain.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:00:09 pm by Vel »

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2012, 08:07:07 pm »

Played two hours or so, loving it so far.

Played Barb through to Skeleton King as in the beta and got a nice 13 dps rare crossbow drop so redid it on a Demon Hunter to see if I got anything. I got a shield. Sigh.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2012, 08:26:22 pm »

Man, wish I had the cash for this right now but I really need to be avoiding it. I suppose I'll have to settle for D2 instead, I never did get past normal (Mostly because I bought it like seven years after it's prime so nobody I knew was playing it anymore).

I am hoping to hear about monk hijinx from this thread.  :P

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2012, 10:24:21 pm »

Just a few hours left until this finally gets released in the US!

Hopefully I'll find THE BEST ITEM EVER CREATED: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-burning-axe-of-sankis

Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:43 pm »

I know it's kind of expected now, but it still feels a little weird that Blizzard already has half the game inventory logged into a web page you can view, or that they've shown of all? the armor sets in the game before it's even out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2012, 11:30:58 pm »

Well, it's either on their site or somebody else's, may as well look professional about it, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2012, 12:34:44 am »

Who's up for a drinking game?

Browse the official US forums, take a shot every time someone who hasn't bothered to read a damn thing complains about Error_33 (servers are down)! See if your liver can survive for the next hour and a half!
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2012, 12:38:03 am »

On the other hand, you'd figure they'd have a more specific "Game has not launched yet, wait another XX:XX:XX" message for that.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2012, 12:42:29 am »

They do. It's in the corner of the login screen. It says "Diablo III servers come up at 12:01 PDT!"

No one reads it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2012, 12:45:31 am »

Ah. Right then.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2012, 01:29:49 am »

Message Received: 12:03 PDT

We are sorry but our server are currently under attack and or too many trying to log at the same, we screwed up we are sorry, we made a shitty move with the always online now you cannot play untill we fix the server, but dont worry we will fix(tm) everything very soon!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2012, 01:50:05 am »

Yeah, coz it totally hobbled WoW. And SC2.  :P

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2012, 01:52:13 am »

SC2 required login but it did not have the problems Diablo 3 has: dropping to login screen without warning and losing all progress, lag in singleplayer modes, etc.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 15, 2012, 02:21:51 am »

On the odd occasion I can actualy get past the server full error it kicks me out with a time out message. Hrng.

I'm also worried that I can't change my language to english in the options menu.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 02:25:09 am by buckets »

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 15, 2012, 02:50:39 am »

Can't even get it to install - Updating setting files or something to that effect. Presumably needs access to the blizzard servers to go anywhere. Which is bad, since said servers are clogged.

Update: I'm in... the menu sure looks pretty. ::)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:23:00 pm by Deimos56 »
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 98