Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103408 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #675 on: October 15, 2012, 03:27:39 pm »

Oh yeah, and anybody new to this game, when you get to the museum, you can just kill the guy if he's still there instead of doing what he asks. I think you can also shove him out of the way if you're fast enough to move. It's definetly something I wish I knew when I first started.

I always attacked him and beat the sucker to a pulp.  Heck, I was kicking ass and taking names from bullies and dogs ALL up and down Freedom City, yo.  Besides, free respawns with nothing to lose...  Why not attack everything with your ferocious kiddy claws?

I actually briefly considered naming myself after one of the generic clones, just to make matters hysterical.  But I didn't.  Also, I suck at naming people.  Especially chicks.

EDIT:
It's a bug with fucking animals that was never fixed because it was funny.

I fondled he with on hand.  I so ashame from myselves.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 15, 2012, 03:33:37 pm »

I was actually somehow 'mistaken' for an npc once while I was in the orphanage. They guy got the hint and backed off right before I shoved my pipe through his skull and killed him.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2012, 03:37:08 pm »

I was actually somehow 'mistaken' for an npc once while I was in the orphanage. They guy got the hint and backed off right before I shoved my pipe through his skull and killed him.

I read "right before" as "when", implying that you shattered his skull with plumbing equipment as a means of warning.

Seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:56 pm »

Hehehe, I think the same thing happened to me once, too. :P That was always fun.

Edit: I don't think I'll start playing HATE again, though. Apart from the lack of players and the admin problems you guys have spoken about, there are still a host of other problems. Overall, main HellMOO would be far better with its various additions and fixes etcetera, if only its dick admins and their anti-PVP policies were gone. :-\
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 03:56:54 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 15, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

Overall, main HellMOO would be far better with its various additions and fixes etcetera
I don't know what they've added to hellmoo but there was a fair bit of good changes to hate too as far as i can recall.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 15, 2012, 05:42:08 pm »

Ahaha, I love it...  Just watched a "55GOHAN" go by.

Also, found a bizarre text bug in the clean room showers of the hospital.  Some serious weirdness going on there.

EDIT:  There, I'm official now.  Damned and ready to grind with yet another silly useless skillset.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 15, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »

By the way, does anyone know if blunt weapons are still the best, or have they balanced it a bit?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:55:37 pm by Dirg »

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 15, 2012, 09:00:53 pm »

By the way, does anyone know if blunt weapons are still the best, or have they balanced it a bit?

Most weapons are fairly balanced, disregarding complete minmaxing into a weapon type. If you go pure combat you can tear through quite a lot of things incredibly easily with any weapon type (shiver/brawn kukris, urumis, patas, jack frost, etc etc). Mostly balanced for all builds though.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 15, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »

Overall, spears are the best weapontype for endgame when you combine them with focus.  Whips are a close second due to urumis.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 15, 2012, 10:08:35 pm »

Ehhh. There is no best weapon. Spears are nasty, whips also. Shivers tear shit up, guns rape everything. Jawbies and teslas knock shit out. Seriously, I'm running a gunning blinking crafter, and I can kill basilisks. There is no "best".
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 16, 2012, 04:47:09 am »

Ehhh. There is no best weapon. Spears are nasty, whips also. Shivers tear shit up, guns rape everything. Jawbies and teslas knock shit out. Seriously, I'm running a gunning blinking crafter, and I can kill basilisks. There is no "best".

How in the world did you put that build together?  Sounds fun.

And, obviously, the fact that there's no "best" or "ultimate" weapon means we just haven't found it yet.  Heh.

EDIT:  Does anybody know if tagging a skill has any other effect beyond just that first raw point?

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 16, 2012, 10:53:31 am »

And, obviously, the fact that there's no "best" or "ultimate" weapon means we just haven't found it yet.  Heh.

EDIT:  Does anybody know if tagging a skill has any other effect beyond just that first raw point?

No effect beyond the first raw anymore. Used to lower xp cost, but then xp costs were reduced.

And if you think his build is weird, man you dont wanna see mine

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 16, 2012, 10:55:09 am »

No effect beyond the first raw anymore. Used to lower xp cost, but then xp costs were reduced.

To be fair

Beorn is basically running a Railbuild

Just with more focus and less brains, and guns instead of blades.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:38 am »

To be fair

And with far less attention to things like "oh boy i cant wait to get all the skills". You also seem to forget im a gunner as well (with more total than him as well .I)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 16, 2012, 11:03:42 am »

To be fair

And with far less attention to things like "oh boy i cant wait to get all the skills". You also seem to forget im a gunner as well (with more total than him as well .I)
My thought process went something like this. "Huh, I want a blinking gunner. *Rolls it up, hits 100k xp.* Huh, I still have like 300 gym IP and can blink already. Dump it in brains.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 51