Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103409 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #705 on: October 17, 2012, 02:00:16 pm »

It's more like you can get farther if you have a mix of combat and crafting skills. It's the sad truth, but combat xp is the way to go, but at 200k total, you pretty much have to kill basilisks, but at that point, making high end crap gives FAR more xp. So, what you end up with is that crafters have the higher ceiling, but combat can get there faster.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 17, 2012, 02:05:29 pm »

And from what I hear, there's nothing that can be crafted that requires a craft skill above 27.  So exactly what that higher ceiling is or is useful for may be a point of contention.

Now, of course, I'm thinking about rerolling even more than I usually do.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:47 pm »

So exactly what that higher ceiling is or is useful for may be a point of contention.
He meant XP ceiling. Ask that mad Eagle/Rail what he have and i don't think theres anything left to kill that still gives XP at that stage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:30 pm »

Looked like somewhere around 250,000 effective, 440,000 total.

...uh, yeah.  Right.

Damn.  Now I don't really want to play my character anymore, but I can't think of anything better to roll that I'd rather be and that would still be semi-effective.  And fun.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 17, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »

You could roll an abom yeti with billy goat and stalk the ice lands in search of prey, or announce your arrival by making the rooms colder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 17, 2012, 05:04:55 pm »

I was thinking more something along the lines of Reverend Zed, the focus-blasting pentecost-preaching zombie here to redeem the sinners in the high-and-holy name of the ga-reatest man who ever lived and RE-lived again; ZOM-beh JAY-sus!

The idea occurred to me when considering potential uses for Conduit's supposed defibbing abilities.

Thing is, I like being support builds of some type or another.  I like being able to do stuff like build/repair equipment for my buds, or pilot extremely expensive equipment around in a haphazard manner.  I've oftentimes wondered just what all a build designed around optimizing scavenging would be able to do, and how one would go about putting together a build like that anyways.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22:24 pm »

I was thinking more something along the lines of Reverend Zed, the focus-blasting pentecost-preaching zombie here to redeem the sinners in the high-and-holy name of the ga-reatest man who ever lived and RE-lived again; ZOM-beh JAY-sus!

The idea occurred to me when considering potential uses for Conduit's supposed defibbing abilities.

Thing is, I like being support builds of some type or another.  I like being able to do stuff like build/repair equipment for my buds, or pilot extremely expensive equipment around in a haphazard manner.  I've oftentimes wondered just what all a build designed around optimizing scavenging would be able to do, and how one would go about putting together a build like that anyways.

hi

i am tiana

may i take your order?
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:48 pm »

Gunner zombie works fine with the slow weapons. Getting support skills requires some investments though.

You could go spear scavver blinker. Nothing beats filling your pack with loot and just blink back home to dump it.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 17, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

is this alive again? i miss it. is it anything like the old days? or the old old days?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 17, 2012, 07:21:27 pm »

is this alive again? i miss it. is it anything like the old days? or the old old days?
There's a tiny group of people who slaughtered our corp once, but that's all the griefing I've seen in the last week or so. It's..pretty empty. But still fun. About 7 players on usually now.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:13 pm »

So exactly what that higher ceiling is or is useful for may be a point of contention.
He meant XP ceiling. Ask that mad Eagle/Rail what he have and i don't think theres anything left to kill that still gives XP at that stage.

XP // 442,441 total  // 212,649 effective

There are exactly 2 mobs that give me xp at this point: Gheydorah and gangster pariahs. Precious little that gives me crafting or teaching xp at this point as well.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:51:31 pm by Eagle »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 17, 2012, 11:51:36 pm »

I've oftentimes wondered just what all a build designed around optimizing scavenging would be able to do, and how one would go about putting together a build like that anyways.
Get Stench first, phase, Brute strength, Mule, screech, spew, blink, freak, bloodhound, junkrat. The two weapon choices'd be whips and spears. Spears max ref, end, then brawn, or whips, max ref, sense, then end. Get a pick, go to the mines, and mine in a hottub before going freak to get scav up there real fast. Musk will let you wander about pretty much unmolested by most mobs, spew is an excellent running measure, and screech is good for the +2 focus. Even as a whipper, you won't need brawn, since phase + THC before freak means you can dump stuff at home faster. May want some brains so you can use a portal gun easier, then even non freak you only have to blink once, drop portals, and can scav an area for a long time.

Edit: Reason I know this is because I contemplated that exact same idea.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:53:32 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 18, 2012, 06:34:53 pm »

Well, officially rescrubbed as per Morgan's recommendations.  Now we'll just have to see where this all pans out, and whether or not I can find the charm and individuality I somehow feel the need to have in this build.

In other news, the way the XP system is set up, this is now all a hysterically dull chore of avoiding all combat, crafting and general "doing something" and just focusing on what actually leads to a bright and shiny future.

S'pose this is just me trying to get in touch with my inner sperg.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 18, 2012, 09:04:59 pm »

Doot de doot. Im Rail. Doot doot.

http://pastebin.com/yxk5qPPu

doot doot

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 18, 2012, 09:08:21 pm »

Doot de doot. Im Rail. Doot doot.

http://pastebin.com/yxk5qPPu

doot doot

"I'm Rail" has never been more appropriate.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51