Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40678 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 4, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:38 am »

Oh god. We're in Boatmurdered.

Gather stone.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2011, 11:33:05 am »

Noooo! That was all I had left!

Anyway. Gather the ferocious creatures depicted in the frescoes.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2011, 11:36:42 am »

I dare someone to gather elephants.  Beat me to it!

Dwarves would be cool too.

No change to group inventory?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:59 pm »

I dare someone to gather elephants.  Beat me to it!

Dwarves would be cool too.

No change to group inventory?
No one added anything or took anything out, so nope. No change until the next cycle without one of you guys changing it.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2011, 12:47:15 pm »

Result worked- it's go time!

Build a Transformer!

Start with the car frame.  Install the seats and wheels.  Use the I-Beams for the increased framing and structure needed to engage the alternate form.  The atomic engine will be installed to power it, and the atomic fuel will be used to fuel the engine.  The blue dust will be integrated into the frame to give it a blue sparkle.  The Pine 2x4 will be used for a wooden gearshift head and wood interior trim.  Finally, the Runic Gauntlets will be the robot form's fists, for the extra edge needed in combat.

Yes, I know no sentience.  It's a non-sentient one, assuming I don't crit fail and blow the Aglaia up with my atomic engine.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2011, 04:05:03 pm »

Gather!!!
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2011, 09:58:48 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Gather stone.
40+5+1
Stepping out into the darkness, you look in awe at the carefully carved sculptures and masterwork coffins. There's so much stone around, but it would be a shame to take from this particular room. Maybe you can find more further inside. You tug open the stone door to the right, and are met with a blast of purple smoke in the face. Coughing you quickly reel at the horrid stench, and begin to filter your air intake with your powers. Your eyes water, and you strain to move forward, it's hard to make out anything and you keep bumping into walls, and after a while, you just say 'bugger this' and return to the Aglaia empty handed.
+46 rock quarry exp (levelup!)

Anyway. Gather the ferocious creatures depicted in the frescoes.
6 ...Oh noes
You also venture out into the world, intrigued by the mighty beasts you find on the walls. The miasma through the door is annoying and a pain to deal with, but you push forward. Further, FURTHER, you must find the end of this purple haze. Winding tunnels pass by at an alarming rate, you begin to lose yourself in the maze, you find no living creatures, only some skeletons of what look to be children littering the floor, and the endless purple smoke fighting to clog your lungs and burn your eyes. Even when the time comes to return to the ship, you find you have no idea how to get back...
+6 elephant tracking exp
You are LOST!! Next turn must be spent trying to return to the ship, and as usual others may spend their turn helping you.

Build a Transformer!

Start with the car frame.  Install the seats and wheels.  Use the I-Beams for the increased framing and structure needed to engage the alternate form.  The atomic engine will be installed to power it, and the atomic fuel will be used to fuel the engine.  The blue dust will be integrated into the frame to give it a blue sparkle.  The Pine 2x4 will be used for a wooden gearshift head and wood interior trim.  Finally, the Runic Gauntlets will be the robot form's fists, for the extra edge needed in combat.
100 ... oh sweet mother of..
12+79+26+15+15+18+22+27+15+8+47=284
As you begin your project, your eyes shine like headlights, and you feel another power begin to guide your hands. The body forms before you, metal frame is cut in places to allow robotic movement, the seats and wheels become accessories, the engine a heart. Items of electronics and chrome appear in your hands from nowhere at all. The blue dust is compressed, and then played with like putty, and spread over the frame making a bright blue hull. The wood is pulverized and then sealed behind a resin type substance for the trim and other accents. You then begin to work on it's mind. There are loud alarms all around you, but whatever is channeling itself through your body quiets them with a wave of an arm. Forging a mind... a soul... is difficult work. Your mind reels as this power goes beyond what your existence can understand. Swirling flashes of color and electronic surges flow over your view. It doesn't take long before you black out into a relieved darkness.

You wake up to an amazing sight. Before you kneels a fully complete transformer. A chrome metallic blue color with bulky arms and legs, with wheels at the shoulder, and a metal grill of some sort on the chest. It's eyes glow like yours used to, and it speaks in a metallic computerized voice. "I am sorry ancient one, but I cannot help you find the sleeping smith." Your eyes widen as you realize whatever was within you gave this transformer a fully sentient mind. "I must leave now, before the ship punishes you for what you have done." You now notice that both you and the transformer are standing in a bubble of glowing power that is slowly fading, outside, red lights blink all over the place, and alarms blare. Even an occasional laser assults the force field cutting you off from everything else as the Aglaia tries to reconnect to one of it's creators. "The last of Primus' power will be gone soon, and I would not harm my creator by my existence." It seems almost sad in it's metalic voice. "I will search the dimensions of time and space, and speak of your master to any who will listen. This should at least increase your own powers, if I cannot bring him awake to you." The transformer's words echo in your head as you feel the surge from a warped time and space around you, filling you with influence you will spread with this robot.

The creation then stands, several stories higher than you had initially planned for your construction, and makes the traditional whirling sound, however it transforms into a sleek blue space ship, not the car you were expecting, and blasts away through a portal of it's own making in the side of the Aglaia hull. Leaving you sitting on your work area, stunned, but glowing with power.
+200 Cybertron Mechanic exp (levelup!)
+852 influence
- 1 restored steel car frame [53]
- 2 dutsy plas-leather seats  [31]
- 4 decayed wheels  [31]
- 13 Steel I-beams [37]
- 1 atomic engine block  [45]
- 2 canisters of atomic fuel [55]
- 10lbs of blue dust [30]
- one pine 2x4 [17]
- pair of Runic Lead Gauntlets [95]

Gather!!!
You also leave the work area of the Aglaia. The miasma clogs your nostrils and burns your eyes. You take a few steps into the hallways, but freeze in horror as your foot comes down and crunches on what looks to be the skeleton of some sort of infant. You quickly decide that this is not a place you want to be, and flee back to the safety of the ship.
+15 herbalism exp

Group Inventory:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 4, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2011, 11:07:38 pm »

Hot damn.  That was certainly more than meets the eye.

Help EagleV.  Hey, he did it for me twice!

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2011, 03:56:34 am »

Bloody hell, Toaster. Damn impressive work.
くコ:彡

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2011, 04:07:00 am »

Sweet...

Get out of here.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2011, 07:22:11 am »

Help EagleV
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2011, 12:17:04 pm »

Natural 100.
My god.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2011, 12:30:57 pm »

Buy the blue and green spotted eggs and attempt to hatch them.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2011, 08:53:20 pm »

Natural 100 and modified 0- I think I've run the gamut now.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2011, 12:24:11 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Help EagleV
52 = (+10)
Help EagleV
84 = (+30)
Get out of here.
19(looks like you really needed the help)+10+30=59
The passageways blend in to each other like a hedge maze. And the miasma is always there, filling the air and covering every open space. Stopping at a few branches, you wonder cluelessly where to go, when a quiet voice speaks in your head. It sounds like Dylar's voice, and it is telling you to go this way... Taking the chance you follow it, a few moments later you come to another crossroads in the tunnels, this time you hear Kuji's voice guiding you. Eventually the voices lead you through the miasma filled fortress back to the portal and the safety of the Aglaia.
Toaster: +52 telepathy exp
Firelordsky: +84 telepathy exp
EagleV: +19 Telepathy exp

Buy the blue and green spotted eggs and attempt to hatch them.
Purchasing the eggs from group storage, you ponder ways of making them hatch. This leads to a rather amusing sight of you trying to perch yourself on top of them like a bird would to keep them warm. This of course doesn't work, because you are too worried about breaking the eggs, and thus keep from actually touching them. Assuming they could even be hatched in this way. Eventually you keep the eggs in your inventory, and take a break, thinking you can replan after some rest.
+23 Egg Incubation exp
+ 3 blue and green spotted eggs [44]

Group Inventory:

Alright. Last day for this Cycle. Make it count, No more getting lost. :)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28