Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40584 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 1, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2011, 11:53:44 pm »

Okay, so apparently Mcdonald's dropped out. Yay!

I demand that the orange liquid become molten gold for me. (gather the orange liquid, attempting to turn it into gold by sheer force of will as I do so. probably a big penalty, but what the hell.)

Also, what happens if we get lost while gathering, and then get a critical fail on our next roll? Are we perma-lost?
くコ:彡

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2011, 12:15:22 am »

Can you add me to the next cycle?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2011, 03:08:20 am »

Okay, so apparently Mcdonald's dropped out. Yay!

I demand that the orange liquid become molten gold for me. (gather the orange liquid, attempting to turn it into gold by sheer force of will as I do so. probably a big penalty, but what the hell.)

Also, what happens if we get lost while gathering, and then get a critical fail on our next roll? Are we perma-lost?

You can't gather and craft in the same action. You'll only gather this turn, if you succeed you can craft next turn.

And when you get lost, you are only perma lost if you get lost on the last day before the Aglaia shifts worlds.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:11 am »

okay, I'll just gather the liquid, then. And you didn't quite answer my question - what happens if we get lost while gathering, and then get a critical fail on our next roll?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2011, 04:56:08 am »

You have no actions for the day, and others can attempt to help you get back.
If you fail to get back, you are lost another day.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:30 pm »

You have no actions for the day, and others can attempt to help you get back.
If you fail to get back, you are lost another day.

This. A critical version would probably cost you some influence as well..

Rolls soon.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2011, 02:30:03 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Buy the aluminium blocks.
Sell the dead explorer remains. (No point seeing what he has on him, that would be a dissembling, and a -20 modifier is not good!)
Gather the liquid.
Carefully lifting yourself with your powers, you float out through the portal. There isn't much here, other than the liquid. Forming a little bucket with your powers you dip it down into the liquid. Raising it again, you find it empty. You lower the 'bucket' with your will once more, making sure to get it deeper into the strange material before you pull it back up. The liquid flows right over the edge of the bucket, and back into the body of the 'ocean'. It's baffling, but further attemps produce similar results. Eventually you decide to return to the ship empty handed.
+45 Hydro Extraction exp

Thaw out the Halibut and use it to breed and incubate an airborne zombie plague.
14+83+26=123
Carefully heating the frozen filets, you thaw them out into the dead fleshy slabs. The next step is to grow them back into fish. Pouring your powers into the slabs, you activate dormant DNA and fuel bodily growth. Using a type of cloning from cells you have avaliable you return the fish filets into full fishy bodies. The final step, is to infuse the dead fish with your necromantic energy. Holding your hands out before you, small bolts of bright purple energy jump between your fingertips at the dead fishes. They twitch a few times, and a couple of the fish are destroyed in the process, but the others start to float up into the air. When you finish you have 4 undead Halibut magically enhanced to swim in the air.
+57 aquatic undeath rituals exp
+4 flying undead Halibut [123]
- 7 frozen filet of Halibut [53]
Holy crap. I somehow read over the group inventory and missed the distilled pain! How can a necromancer pass that kinda stuff up? Sell the singing sword box, buy distilled pain.
+ 12 vials of swirling black smoke labeled: Distilled Pain [29]
Note: Your inventory is now FULL. Further items you gain may spill over into group storage.

1) sell

- 5 gallons of gastric Acid [18]
- 3 gallons dark-lavender acid [154]
- 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
- 1 am radio [22]
- two headlights [45]
- 2 massive concrete building foundations [64]
- 2 leather covered seats [99]
- 5 limestone boulders [91]

2) Buy a set of white 1990's Washing Machine and Dryer

3) Gather
50-10=40
After observing Necro's failures with the bucket, you wonder if it has something to do with the way of extraction. You try a suction type method with a fully contained collection area. Basically a giant turkey baster. Sucking up some of the strange liquid, you get a strong resistance in seperating the liquid from the ocean. You manage to make away with around 40L of the stuff, but something feels off about the ocean afterwards.
+55 Hydro Extraction exp
+40L of Thick Orange Fluid [10]
+ A set of white 1990's Washing Machine and Dryer [96]
- 5 gallons of gastric Acid [18]
- 3 gallons dark-lavender acid [154]
- 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
- 1 am radio [22]
- two headlights [45]
- 2 massive concrete building foundations [64]
- 2 leather covered seats [99]
- 5 limestone boulders [91]

okay, I'll just gather the liquid, then.
94 !!
67-96=1
While the other creators float out over the mirror sea, you decide to try a different route. Coating your body with your powers in a skin like film, you dive headfirst into the 'ocean'. As soon as you pass the mirror edge of the ocean, your vision fills with orange. As if you were floating in a thick orange fog, you can see for miles. The mirror 'skin' above you, is like clear glass, allowing you to see the sky, as well as the other creators hovering above. Below, things are much different. Small amoeba type things float far down below in the ocean. There is no 'sea floor' that you can see, even after a couple hours of sinking down. you do however, begin to see long tendrils of white gel inside the ocean, that seem to become more numerous the further down you go. Before you get much further, you are attacked by a dark blue amobea with multiple cillia on all outer surfaces. It attempts to halt your movement, and cover you within it's body. You instead, collect it with your powers, and put it into a stasis field. Returning to the ship with your prize, you wonder just what exactly is going on with this 'world'.
+188 Hydro Extraction exp (levelup!)
+1 Navy, Living-liquid Defense Cell [96]

Group Inventory:

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 1, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »

It's a time for a natural 100.

disassemble the washing machine
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2011, 03:22:47 pm »

Ugg... you missed the part where I said to sell an item. My inventory is not full yet.

Holy crap. I somehow read over the group inventory and missed the distilled pain! How can a necromancer pass that kinda stuff up? Sell the singing sword box, buy distilled pain.

Use the Toon Ink to turn the fish into zombie toons! Make them even more invincible!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

Ugg... you missed the part where I said to sell an item. My inventory is not full yet.

Use the Toon Ink to turn the fish into zombie toons! Make them even more invincible!

Ahh, sorry. I'll have it fixed for the next update.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:02 pm »

Oh crap...

Guys, I think I know what this "World" is...
And I think I'll remain on board for our duration here...

Did I get the aluminium?

Try to alloy it and the copper.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2011, 08:56:49 pm »

I have a guess, but I'm asleep right now.  Zzz.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 24, 2011, 03:05:54 am »

CRYSTALLIZE IT. CRYSTALLIZE THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF IT.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2011, 01:05:41 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

disassemble the washing machine
28+1
Not quite a natural 100 here. Washing machines and Dryers are far beyond the normal weapon smithing that you are used to. Even with all the technology and interesting items you've dealt with so far, this seems to confound and confuse you. Why would people build something like this, What did they put inside? Whats the difference between the two machines. You ponder these questions and several others, and eventually run out of time to craft.
+29 mechanical seperation exp (levelup!)

Oops, sorry about that. Sword in box sold. +41 influence.
2+14+61+4=81(ouch, some bad influence rolls here)
Donning a power summoned beret, you press your fingers together into a paintbrush holding shape, and begin to cover the zombie fish with the magical toon ink. At first not much happens. The mouths of the fish begin to smile, and the eyes get largers and grow white eyeballs that occasionally pop out of the sockets and hang from toon nerve endings. The fish begin to ooze plastic-looking toon goo from all over their bodies. This is of course the standard for toon zombies. They fly just as easily as before, but tend to hum or sing happy little tunes about death and slaughter as they float around you.
+61 Toon Artist exp
+ 4 Floating Zombie Halibut Toons [81]
- 4 flying undead Halibut [123]
- animated toon ink [8]

Did I get the aluminium?

Try to alloy it and the copper.
Gah I messed up here too. -.- Fixed!
The aluminium is hard. Very hard. While your copper is basically soft, as far as metals go. Trying to fuse the two seems more difficult than you thought. Pressing immense force on the copper ingots only tends to flatten them out against the aluminium. Maybe another plan is in order. Heat might work, maybe even electricity somehow.
+36 metalurgy exp

CRYSTALLIZE IT. CRYSTALLIZE THE LIVING FUCK OUT OF IT.
Going to assume you mean the defense cell here.
97 ... Ha!
40+26+48=114
Eew, this thing is nasty. You can feel it wiggling around even now in the stasis field you hold it in. You focus your mind thinking 'CRYSTALLIZE'. You focus it more. 'CRYSTALLIZE!!' With a loud sound like shattering glass, your world reels, and the stasis field breaks. The now crystal cell falls to the floor dangerously close to shattering on impact. You dive forward just in time to catch the huge four-foot tall slightly-bean shaped navy blue crystal. The shimmering facets reflect every little bit of light, giving it a strong twinkle as you turn it before you. Your mind is happily imagining what you can turn this into as you carry it back to your station.
+194 Mind over Matter exp. (levelup!)
+ 1 Huge Navy Bean Facet Crystal [114]
- 1 Navy, Living-liquid Defense Cell [96]

Group Inventory:

Strange events this turn. Some very successful rolls that really failed on influence levels. At least I fixed the errors I seemed to skip over last time.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 1, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:10 am »

Eh. I was going for inventory consolidation as opposed to Influence gain anyways.

Drop the new toon fish zombies in the gallery.

Treat the Gore Being's external gore flesh with Shriveled Toon Residue and wrap in red tissue paper to create a Toon Gorebeing Mummy!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28