Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40615 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, World 4, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »

Oh hey, I have no items.  Let's gather!  (No.)

Buy chrome screws.  Reforge them into a tiny suit of armor.  Put it in the gallery.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2011, 02:49:21 pm »

I will buy all the orange juice, and accelerate the biochemical processes that make it go bad. I wonder what kind of mold I can grow.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2011, 02:52:04 pm »

Buy the twig nest, spotted red bellied finch, yellow cactus, and raspberry bush. Attempt to combine them and the eggs into a decent-looking scene, then turn said scene into stone to be preserved forevermore.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2011, 03:19:27 pm »

Buy 4 pine needles and attempt to combine them with my golem.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2011, 01:53:18 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Buy chrome screws.  Reforge them into a tiny suit of armor.  Put it in the gallery.
Buying the screws from the group inventory is easy enough. Attempting to flatten them out and reform them into miniature armor is not quite as easy. Chrome isn't as easy to work with as steel or iron, as you loose the 'chrome' effect when you reshape it without taking the proper measures. You first couple of attemps produce no results, and you think that you may be distracted by the impending hibernation.
+42 microforge exp
+12 small chrome screws [28]

I will buy all the orange juice, and accelerate the biochemical processes that make it go bad. I wonder what kind of mold I can grow.
You also make your purchase from group storage, and attempt to craft with it. However, Orange juice is naturally acidic, not exactly the best medium for growing mold or other such time related decompisition bacteria. You might be able to ferment it, but the acid would be concentrate, making it taste rather horrible, and you wanted something living. Maybe another go next cycle will be easier.
+26 mold farmer exp
+ 4 gallons of Orange Juice [31]

Buy the twig nest, spotted red bellied finch, yellow cactus, and raspberry bush. Attempt to combine them and the eggs into a decent-looking scene, then turn said scene into stone to be preserved forevermore.
Purchasing those items, you begin to arrange them around your work station. The finch takes some struggle to get it to cooperate, and to see the nest and eggs without it being dwarfed by the two plants is difficult. And a cactus and raspberry plant just don't seem to go together well. Eventually you give up and prepare yourself for hibernation.
+12 Medusa exp
+ 1 terracotta potted raspberry bush [65]
+ 1 yellow cactus [31]
+ 1 small twig nest [9]
+ 1 spotted red bellied finch [46]

Buy 4 pine needles and attempt to combine them with my golem.
67+78+0+90=235
You pick up a few pine needles from group storage, and get to work. Your toon golem is humming idly to itself, when you approach it with the needles. At first it is fine, but as soon as it sees the needles, it is dressed in a blue hospital gown, and screams loudly. The resulting scene is you chasing it around the work area until you manage to finally capture the thing and get it to stay still. Using your powers, you begin to fuse the needles into the golem. The glass structure of the toon remains, but it begins to grow glass needles from it's head like hair, and now leaves a trail of these glass shard needles everywhere it goes.
+77 toon augmentation exp
+1 Glass Pine Needle Toon Golem [235]
- 4 fresh pine needles [1] (First rule I'm changing in the 5th cycle is the ability to use just part of a stack without using a dissasemble action, it just sort of breaks things like this.)
- 1 smiling glass golem toon [180]

The engines of the Aglaia hum quietly, as the ship prepares for it's next dimensional jump. And the hibernation area opens, admiting new creators, and allowing the old to return to sleep.

Group Inventory:

Alrighty then, Cycle update here in a bit. And a PM to the new creators.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 3, complete) New players welcome!
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:14 pm »

Now that was one sucky cycle. I actually lost influence. Anyway, in for the first available cycle.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2011, 02:04:11 pm »

Didn't figure I could do much with one last action.  Here's hoping to more natural 100s!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2011, 02:32:22 pm »

Cycle 2 Review:

Hibernating Creators:

Gallery:

Grand Influence Rankings:

Cycle 4 Start!:

Current Creators:

The New World:

New Group Inventory:

Alrighty, ready for the new Cycle's actions. And remember that you can now re-sign up(or sign up for the first time, anytime) if you wish to join the next open cycle.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 1, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:38 pm »

Buy the aluminium blocks.
Sell the dead explorer remains. (No point seeing what he has on him, that would be a dissembling, and a -20 modifier is not good!)
Gather the liquid.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

Thaw out the Halibut and use it to breed and incubate an airborne zombie plague.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:22 pm »

1) sell

- 5 gallons of gastric Acid [18]
- 3 gallons dark-lavender acid [154]
- 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
- 1 am radio [22]
- two headlights [45]
- 2 massive concrete building foundations [64]
- 2 leather covered seats [99]
- 5 limestone boulders [91]

2) Buy a set of white 1990's Washing Machine and Dryer

3) Gather
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:50:08 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2011, 04:04:15 pm »

Didn't figure I could do much with one last action.  Here's hoping to more natural 100s!

I always jump in too soon!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2011, 04:11:27 pm »

Holy crap. I somehow read over the group inventory and missed the distilled pain! How can a necromancer pass that kinda stuff up? Sell the singing sword box, buy distilled pain.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2011, 05:11:32 pm »

Um. My artifact ring seems to have been removed from the gallery. Is that a penalty for trying to sign up early, or...?
くコ:彡

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2011, 05:32:45 pm »

Um. My artifact ring seems to have been removed from the gallery. Is that a penalty for trying to sign up early, or...?

Nice catch. I wrote it up in the turn description, but forgot to put it into the gallery listing. It has now been added back into the cycle update document for the next cycle.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28