Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40539 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 3, Day 1) New players welcome!
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2011, 10:39:30 pm »

Add me to the next cycle, please.

Name: James
Profession: Stonecarver
No Bio because I can't think of one.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »

TherosPherae:
James the Stonecarver
Sculptor 1 [0/100]

Welcome to Cycle 3. :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2011, 12:28:01 am »

Dear RNG gods, I humbly ask you, please, be kind with PyroDesu. I want more cool weapons in the gallery even if some will be crafted by others. Also, I ask you to punish others who make things not used for mass destruction because it's a waste of crafting talents
Thank you, Ranger. I'm looking forward to being able to make nukes without nuking myself via critical fail.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2011, 09:10:50 pm »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

~ gathering metal. Preferably STRONG metal.
Toontown is a troublesome place for non-toons. Bright and cheerfulness EVERYWHERE. And even the most solid ground seems to have a soft plastic feel to it. Many items can talk at random, and animals and toons run amok around the streets singing and talking. You find yourself constantly distracted by toons you've never met who use your first name and talk about you like you were an old friend, as well as making absurd jokes. You try to focus and bring back some metal, but don't find anything like that in the mess, so you return to the Aglaia in hopes of some respite from the toon craziness.
+46 scrapyard exp

sell my serrated disks in group inventory

gather  weapons
The disks go into group inventory, netting you some influence, and you look to the portal.
- 4 shiny chrome serrated blades [223]
+233 influence
62-59=3
You also head out into Toontown, searching among the living buildings, and talking doors, you find a fairly large warehouse. A stack of crates marked ACME draw your attention, and you open a few to find a large amount of red boxes labeled 'singing sword'. Taking one from the packaging reveals a toon sword, with the typical plastic-rubber like look, and strangely animate structure. A face on the blade instantly begins to sing as you hold it. You quickly replace the thing back into the packaging, and gather up three boxes with swords in them and return to the ship.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8wBfDtZkE
+60 armory exp
+3 boxed singing toon swords [59]

Buy 1 steel corvette frame [50]. Use the space corpses as raw material to build around the frame and create an undead monster car!
You spend some influence to buy the car frame. (-50 influence)
75+45+25+10=155
Using your macabre sense of construction, you begin to assemble a corpse vehicle. Panels made of flesh are easily placed between openings in the frame, and a cluster of hands, feet, legs and arms make up disturbing wheels. A fleshy engine uses many internal organs. Pleased with your creation, you use your magic to bring it all to life, and revel in the agonized moans of the trapped souls now powering the vehicle.
+86 flesh engineering exp
+ soul powered corpse car [155]
- 1 steel corvette frame [50]
- 29 frozen human spacebattle corpses. [20]

Buy 1 gallon brake fluid, extract the carbon from it and make diamonds with it. Keep the leftovers.
1 gallon of brake fluid purchased, at 65 influence.
59+87+32=178
Extracting the carbon from the fluid is difficult, but you manage to do so with your powers. The rest of the material is destroyed in the process however. Taking what was left, you compress it between your hands and pour in the power. It takes a few moments, even with the amounts of pressure being used, and a small time dilation you wrap around your hands. Eventually however, you find yourself with a small, but bright and pure diamond.
+63 gemstone pressing exp
+1 small, bright and pure diamond [178]
- 1 gallon brake fluid [65]

Group Inventory:

Sadly, Pyro still failed. :( but at least it wasn't a critical this time.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19:57 pm »

I'll gather ANYTHING at this point.

Ich bin mit dem Random Number Generator gespeist ...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:42:26 pm by PyroDesu »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2011, 09:26:04 pm »

Gather anything explosive
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2011, 10:50:09 pm »

Set the diamond in the ring.
くコ:彡

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2011, 11:29:06 pm »

Hey Ranger, I'd like one of those swords if you don't intend to use all three. Would you be kind enough to leave one in group inventory for me, or I could trade you half my acid for one if you would like...

Put the car in the Gallery. Gather Toons.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:22 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

I'll gather ANYTHING at this point.
39+10 (sorry pyro, but a 40 difficulty world isn't enough for a +20, and even with the modifier you still failed :( )
Toon. Why'd it have to be toons. You leave the portal on unsteady feet, with a prayer to try and gather something from this crazy world. However, everything you try and pick up moves in your hand, some scream or make suggestive comments, as large cartoon eyes and faces appear on just about anything you touch. Before long your nerves are at their end, and you defeatedly slump your way back to the Aglaia.
+49 forage exp

Gather anything explosive
Toons arn't exactly known to be lacking in explosives. Especially with that warehouse having 'ACME' written on so many crates. However, every box you check seems to have random toon items inside, no rockets or TnT or explosives of any kind. You return to the ship empty handed.
+15 demolitions exp

Set the diamond in the ring.
10+92+88+89=279
You Look at your diamond, then you look at your ring. Something inside your head snaps, and the world goes white. You wake up later with a slight headache. In the center of your work station is the ring, adorned with a gold enlay, set with the diamond, and main crystal raindrop. The swirling band seems to be engraved with shapes of dwarves, and strange rings of a bright blue metal hang on either side of the gemstone setting. Everything about the ring screams of the highest craftsmenship. You wonder just exactly what happened, but take the ring anyway.
+186 Jeweler exp [levelup!]
+1 perfect blue crystal diamond ring [279]
- blue crystal storm ring [177]
- 1 small, bright and pure diamond [178]

Put the car in the Gallery. Gather Toons.
You roll the vehicle into the Gallery, and it is surrounded by the routine blue light, and a small plaque appears in front of it.
~ Soul Powered Corpse Car ~ [155] Murdoc the Necromancer (Weirdsound.cycle 2)
Living flesh is stretched over this car frame. A jumble of hands, feet, arms, and legs make fleshy wheels, and the engine is a composite of internal organs. A metal frame can be seen from time to time, as the shifting flesh moves. The souls of the people used to create the monstrerous transport moan and groan at their torment.
+155 influence
40+10
51-98=1
Well, if it's one thing toontown has, it's toons. But you want to find the exact one that is perfect for your creations. Wandering through bouncing streets, and talking buildings, you look around the strange enviornment. Nothing seems to strike your fancy, everything being too animated and too bright and cheerful for your necromancy. You return to the ship eventually, but are surprised to find that you are not alone. Apparently you were followed, as a grey toon rabbit has stowed away on your back as you walked through the portal. Back at your station, it hopps off, pulls a toon carrot out of who-knows-where, and begins to chew while sitting on one of the workstation counters. It swings it's legs idly, and between mouthfulls looks at your incredible stare and asks, "eh... What's up doc?"
+50 toon capture exp
+ 1 Bugs Bunny Toon [98]

Group Inventory:

Poor Pyro... but at least the RNG is saying no to UR this time as well. So maybe that's something. :) And I also now realize that I gave the NECROMANCER one of the most beloved cartoon characters ever. :D This should be good.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:02:15 pm by Haika »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2011, 01:33:55 pm »

Hey Ranger, I'd like one of those swords if you don't intend to use all three. Would you be kind enough to leave one in group inventory for me, or I could trade you half my acid for one if you would like...

That request still stands, Ranger.

And I also now realize that I gave the NECROMANCER one of the most beloved cartoon characters ever. :D This should be good.

I'm so saving Bugs until I have plenty of good stuff mix him with. You will likely have to wait till my next cycle of play to see what I have in mind for the wascaly wabbit. Capture more toons!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:36:17 pm by Weirdsound »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 2, World 3, Day 3) New players welcome!
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2011, 04:28:39 pm »

*starts shaking*

Zufallszahlengenerator, warum hassen Sie mich?
Was habe ich für Sie tun?  (To those who translate this, I know the literal translation is off, it's meant to say "What did I do to you?", not "What do I do for you?")
Wenn Sie nicht aufhören, ein Arsch, zerbreche ich Ihre Programmier!

*PyroDesu has gone Stark Raving Mad!*
*PyroDesu has gone Berserk!*
*PyroDesu looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!*

Murder the first Toon I see and gather its body!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 04:33:25 pm by PyroDesu »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »

Put the ring in the gallery.
Try AGAIN.
1 large corvette windshield [11]. Reshape it into a glass totem depicting a planet of some description.
くコ:彡

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

Next cycle please
Name: Fuji Kawamura
Profession: Golemmancer
Bio: Too lazy to think
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:07 pm »

Give one singing sword to Murdoc

Teach a dwarven ballad to one of the singing swords. Ballad is about legendary dwarven fortress - Boatmurdered

Weirdsound Ok, one sword for half of your acid
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »

Firelordsky:
Fuji Kawamura the Golemmancer
Golem Animation 1 [0/100]

Welcome to the waitlist. :)

Rolls will be up shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28