Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185675 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1605 on: August 09, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »

OOC:
Kudos on being the hero of the world, Terenos :D

Next, Terenos calmly and quickly talks his way out of the situation, doing so well that the personal guard ends up loyal to him and willing to fight to the death just to defend his honor.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: August 09, 2011, 06:04:32 pm »

Terenos d'Avistral, Elbrethian Assassin stands over the corpses of the fallen claimants to the Miring throne as the guards enter the room.

"I am the Black Shadow, Assassin of Elbreth. This mad conspiracy for the throne of Miring ends here. Come on if you think you're hard enough. If not, Stand down and let me leave peacefully, and I'll leave you with your lives. No one else has to die today."

((*Draws up new plans.* That went way better than I planned. Dramatic grandstanding HO! Legends are important
Also..I cant teach you how to fight like an assassin..You're a knight..These classes are mutually exclusive..))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: August 09, 2011, 06:05:01 pm »

((In that they soon find themselves dead due to Terenos' planning :3))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: August 09, 2011, 06:05:39 pm »

((Terenos took levels in badass. :o))

Interrogate Banquo about what he was going to use the gunpowder for and the ballista. Tell him I won't murder his family and publicly humilate him if he complies.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:20 pm »

((That also totally happens. I cannot die. At the cost of the lives sacrificed by my loyal men.))
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: August 09, 2011, 06:07:13 pm »

((Unless it's old age. Nercomancy is a bit too dangerous due to Taric :3))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1611 on: August 09, 2011, 06:08:06 pm »

((I didn't give Banquo any of my things, I didn't have any gunpowder and he wouldn't know how to put the ballista together, I'm just putting that out there so EVERYONE knows.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: August 09, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »

((I didn't give Banquo any of my things, I didn't have any gunpowder and he wouldn't know how to put the ballista together, I'm just putting that out there so EVERYONE knows.))
OOC:
He did steal the ballista though. And I'm sure he could have easly found an engineer willing to study it and then show him how to use it.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1613 on: August 09, 2011, 06:15:17 pm »

((how did he steal it?  If he stole it after I left for the monkey that would be fine, but according to the time line I haven't even left yet.))
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:01 pm »

((If theres any smallest link between Mahtan and Banuo, i'll have to take Mahtan into custody. Fun.))

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: August 09, 2011, 06:17:58 pm »

Jormund was still attempting to figure out a way to get some slaves for his own use. He figured that fighting Lendemadrir could work, but it would take a lot of luck for him to win three such fights unless he had some other type of advanta--. His thoughts were cut off by a man leading a large group of villagers with him. The man approached him and said, "Are you the one that was looking to develop the land around here?" Jormund hesitantly responded and said that he was. "Well it's your lucky day," the man responded, "the doctor direly needs that land to raise some troops immediately and has sent these villagers along with a ducat." Jormund realizes that the villagers themselves probably wouldn't do much but the ducat could certainly help.

Jormund again attempts to settle the land using the villagers and the ducat.

[1-1+1]  You strike back at the unsettled vale with the villagers and the tools you bought with the ducat of silver.  The first few days go fantastically, with the soil easily tilled and a few rough shelters erected for the villagers working on taming the land.  On the third night however you experience an inexplicable sense of coldness and fear, even near the campfire.  When you sleep, you have nightmares, and in the morning a young clanswoman has gone missing.  The sense of forboding continues throughout the day as villagers alternately continue to work on the land and search for the woman.  She is found in the late evening, her torso opened up and her organs splayed through the branches of a tree.  The villagers decide to leave in the morning, determined to pack up their materials that night.  Given the clanswoman's fate, you are not inclined to stop them.

The morning is not soon enough.  That night, screams ring through the camp.  You grab your weapon and try to defend the villagers, but in the darkness it is impossible to see your assailants.  Invisible figures move between shelters, gouging out eyes, flaying skin and unleashing terrible laughter.  Before your very eyes, grown men you worked with in the past days are lifted into the air by hidden hands and torn open, their innards ripped away and their blood used to quench the handful of torches and the campfire, deepening the terrible darkness further.  [3] You and a handful of others escape with what you can, mostly lit torches and bedding, and flee back to Manskinner territory, trying to erase the images of the massacre from your mind.

((Terenos took levels in badass. :o))

Interrogate Banquo about what he was going to use the gunpowder for and the ballista. Tell him I won't murder his family and publicly humilate him if he complies.

[1]  It is no good.  You have already taken everything you can from Banquo, but he takes the last.  Before you can finish asking your questions, he has already passed from this vale of tears.

Terenos d'Avistral, Elbrethian Assassin stands over the corpses of the fallen claimants to the Miring throne as the guards enter the room.

"I am the Black Shadow, Assassin of Elbreth. This mad conspiracy for the throne of Miring ends here. Come on if you think you're hard enough. If not, Stand down and let me leave peacefully, and I'll leave you with your lives. No one else has to die today."

((*Draws up new plans.* That went way better than I planned. Dramatic grandstanding HO! Legends are important
Also..I cant teach you how to fight like an assassin..You're a knight..These classes are mutually exclusive..))

[6+1]  The guard immediately drop to their knees and prostrate themselves before you, swearing that they are not worthy and begging you to spare their miserable lives.  They plead to serve you in whatever way they can.

Drua's personal guard regiment transfer their allegiance to Terenos.

(I honestly wanted to overshoot this, but there's just no way I could think of, save by inconveniencing Drua since they are technically her guards now.)

((how did he steal it?  If he stole it after I left for the monkey that would be fine, but according to the time line I haven't even left yet.))

The ballistae were being kept in the armoury, since you did present them as a gift/demonstration to the King.  Banquo just bribed his way into getting a copy of the key, went in and took the disassembled ballista pieces whilst nobody was looking.  This doesn't affect you too much - you still have the original plans, after all, and can just build more.  Of course, now that Banquo is dead I am sure this will not come back to bite anyone in any way whatsoever in the future.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:20:58 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: August 09, 2011, 06:22:54 pm »

Cross reference the list of spies with anybody who works at the palace. But first untie or unrestrain Banquo. Put a knife by his corpse and then stab him with my sword. Make it seem like he got a knife and attacked me.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:25:47 pm by filiusenox »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: August 09, 2011, 06:33:40 pm »

Cross reference the list of spies with anybody who works at the palace. But first untie or unrestrain Banquo. Put a knife by his corpse and then stab him with my sword. Make it seem like he got a knife and attacked me.

[4]  There aren't many spies in the palace itself, mostly amongst the servants, though a couple made their way into the quartermaster's office and the office of trade.  You have them detained quickly enough, but they prove to know little more than Banquo revealed, and certainly not the location of the missing ballista parts.  Still, at least the palace itself is secure now.  [3]  You dress up Banquo's corpse appropriately, though it doesn't do much to hide the torture wounds.  Not that this will matter terribly - who is going to argue against mistreatment of a spy?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:07 pm »

((I doubt Drua is going to happy with you when she finds out you killed her husband, Terenos :P ))
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »

((Or too- Forced marrage due to Terenos' new guards anyone >:3))
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 188