Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185622 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King!
« Reply #1635 on: August 09, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »

((Current est. Alignment: Lawful Neutral leaning towards good. would be my guess.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:43 pm »

OOC:
We're the good guys. Marquess Kain is just...an antihero.

Elbreth can now claim that this is a war to place the rightful king of Miring on the throne -- Provided said rightful King then swears fealty to Erik and turns Miring into a duchy within Elbreth... Of course Erik needs to know what just happened first :D

As for what is going to happen to Sir Taric's lands: The tax revenue will be drained by the crown for the next few years (provided it doesn't keep getting raided) until the castle is rebuilt and those injured during the fire are reimbursed. Then the King will decide whether to give it to someone or not. That's a lot of time for things to change.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: August 09, 2011, 08:24:34 pm »

((How about if I send the loot (After paying for the damage to Stonewood) to the king?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:11 pm »

OOC:
Let's play things out and see how they go from there.

Will be making rolls...soonish.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:34 pm »

((That is if Trubaldsome survives the war. Who knows what Terenos has planned!

That being said, where are the other lords who are in the Royal Army? We need to come uup with creative ways to Capture that Prince before he returns to the Castle and then how to take the Castle without spending a year sieging it. Trubalsome, I'm looking at you! ;) ))

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: August 09, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »

The Gem exists. It's a real thing. ... But wait, I was sent here, not to wherever it might truly lie. Silas looks over the book's cover. This looks like the kind of book that only the royal family would find much use for. Maybe I was sent here because this is the only lead.

Uh-oh. I didn't plan for this.

... Not planning is a particularly bad habit of mine, it seems.

The Order of the Silver Bull, huh?

>Make a note: once you get out of the dungeons (legitimately, this time!), search for more history books and find this Order.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: August 09, 2011, 08:33:18 pm »

((...Meh. You only married him for reasons of political intrigue. This seemed easiest. Trust me. It seemed easiest.))

((Nah, if Drua only married him out of political intrigue, his will would have been forged and he would have been poisoned. Having a home is nice to return to after wiping out a regiment and being a cartographer. :P ))
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1642 on: August 09, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »

Kytuzian was almost tempted to kill the guard who had threatened him, but sense prevailed in the end. "I won't forget this...guard", Kytuzian spat at him, before riding off.

Back at his house, Kytuzian began packing to leave. Included amongst the light provisions and tools was a small case that held a quiclly, a bottle of ink, and sheet of papyrus paper. He buckled the khopesh on his horse instead of in his pack in case he needed it. As always, his bow was also close by.

Once more, he jumped onto his horse an set off, but this time west towards Brighthall.

Ride to north to Elbreth, and hunt for extra food along the way. After in Elbreth, go west to Brighthall.

((Does travelling need to be rolled?))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:49:46 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:40 pm »

((Where am I? Sheepstead or Lonemine? If i'm in Sheepstead disregard this.))
Send for Kytuzian to meet at my manor.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:45:57 pm by filiusenox »

Mr. Pompular

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: August 09, 2011, 08:36:59 pm »

((I feel partially responsible for the werid going ons in Weyland.))

"My pardon, let me get the fire going..." Pompulion's voice trailed off as he searched his pack for some flint and a bit of steel. He managed to procure a bit of flint, and lacking anything else, scraped it against one of his daggers. As the embers grew into a flame, he got a look at the others. He eyes spy the most greviously wounded first, some sort of mix of a gasp and a scream rises in Pompulion's throat but he manages to gulp it down. 'They sure are relentless lil' bastards.' Once again the concept that one of these horrid beings resided within him made Pompulion more than a bit queasy. He turned to the one who was relativly the best off of the bunch, "I assure you, I'm here to help. It would be in our best interest to leave this place, do you know of anywhere safe?"

Examine each of the hunters, and ask them of where they might find safety or civilization.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: August 09, 2011, 08:42:58 pm »

OOC: Kytuzian, he meant that you needed to leave Stonewood, not the Eelspine range in general D:
Brighthall is West of Elbreth, which is north of the Eelspine Range. To get there you will need to cut through the Ztah Steppes.

IIRC, Filius, Kain returned to Lonemine at some point.

Still not rolling at the moment, I need to make a post in another thread first. But I am procrastinating D:

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1646 on: August 09, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »

((I know that, and would have cut his throat if he had suggested that, but seeing as the Eelspine seems dangerous to go looking for 'shiny things' because of the Suulian mercenaries and the Ztah raiders. Even though my character only knows about the Suulian mercenaries, even one regiment could probably kill him and his guards. I changed my actions after what you said. I'm going north to Elbreth, then west to Brighthall.

Also, am I allowed to responed to filiusnox, seeing as he might have sent for me just as I left?))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:51:24 pm by kytuzian »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: August 09, 2011, 08:49:55 pm »

((I know that, but seeing as the Eelspine seems dangerous because of the Suulian mercenaries and the Ztah raiders. Even though my character only knows about the Suulian mercenaries, even one regiment could probably kill him and his guards. I changed my actions after what you said. I'm going north to Elbreth, then west to Brighthall.

Also, am I allowed to responed to filiusnox, seeing as he might have sent for me just as I left.))
OOC: I was going to have his runner find you just as you were preparing to skip town. So go ahead and respond if you'd like.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1648 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:09 pm »

Kytuzian had barely gone three steps when a man rushed over to him, and told him that he was summoned by Kain. After nodding his acknowledgement, he dismounted, and put away the food, and left the rest-that could be done later.

Go to Kain's mansion, and find out what he wants.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: August 09, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »

Kain meets Kyuztian in the parlor. Amaryllis watched the meeting with wary eyes, playing with a large knife and grinning at the adventurer with a murderer's smile.

"Ahh...Hello again...whatever in the nine hells your name is? How is your house, roomy? And has there been any problems settling in?"
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:09:38 pm by filiusenox »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 188