Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Dimension of Ten Doors  (Read 6532 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dimension of Ten Doors
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 04:40:47 am »

Walk through.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 05:07:46 am »

Kick it until it opens, or breaks.
Sorry, I told you. No repeating. Your goal is to open the door and you're trying to try that for the third time in a row. Two tries max. =)
You think of kicking the door again, but abandon it. There must be some other way to open it.
look around the room for tools
[1] You try and survey the room for any tools, but there are none. It's just an empty room. Full of nothing. And you have failed this roll. Your punishment is insulting. You'll perish. Give up! And stop rolling ones! D:<
Walk through.
[6] You step through the doorframe and somehow repel the negative energy the room is trying to force on you. (-1 to all rolls and then +1 to all rolls. Lucky you.) Inside the heat is almost unbearable. You find yourself standing on a rough, broken stone bridge, that leads further away into the distance. The bridge stands on three meter stone pillars, that are also broken and some lie in the boiling lava below you. The visibility in this room is rather low, because of all the poisonous fumes coming from the lava.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 05:15:53 am »

Walk slowly, run if the bridge starts to crumble.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 05:22:35 am »

Don't give up, Meditate to clear the mind of bad thoughts and walk through door 3
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 05:36:25 am »

Walk through door 8

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 06:25:31 am »

Walk slowly, run if the bridge starts to crumble.
[2] You start to walk slowly along the bridge. The bridge looks so worn, that your mind wanders to the thought, that it might collapse. Just as you think of that, chunks do start falling down from behind you. A few pillars collapse into the lava as well. As the collapsion starts to reach you, you begin to run, but soon trip, with the collapsion just about ten meters behind.
Thanks for the bridge collapsing idea. =b
Don't give up, Meditate to clear the mind of bad thoughts and walk through door 3
You try to meditate to clear your mind of bad thoughts, but you keep getting angry at the forcefield. It hurt you so badly. After the unsuccessful meditation session, you try to walk through the door anyways. It still won't let you through, but the glowing dots extend into small rings.
That was exactly the reason why the forcefield didn't let you pass. It sensed evil in you. (I just have to give some explanation to the negative die rolls.) A nice effort, but I'm afraid your entry tries for this door are over for now. =( Don't forget to try entering others' doors. Maybe you'll succeed and help them?
Walk through door 8
You turn around to face the door on the right wall, right next to you. [1] Upon closer inspection, the door is a piece of ice. It's smooth and reflective, almost like a mirror. [3] You try walking through it, but it only shatters on impact with your body. The broken ice remains in place, but it has lost it's reflection and seems rather fragile. You ponder why you're only breaking, but not demolishing things.
Also. I added a thing in the opening post. (Called OP, right?) Go check it out.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 06:26:29 am »

Run faster!

(( You outright said it was worn! You were leading there anyways. ))

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 06:35:16 am »

Go through door 1

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 06:40:25 am »

Run full speed at door 1 after adwarf tries to open it
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 07:33:51 am »

Run faster!
(( You outright said it was worn! You were leading there anyways. ))
Honestly, I just said it, because I wanted to describe the room better. Though I might have gotten that idea soon anyways, yeah.
[1] You try to get back up and start running again, but you are incredibly clumsy and fall down again. This time hitting your head quite badly. (-1 to next roll. Also, hate to tell you this, but no more running away for now. Two tries already. I feel sorry for you.)
Go through door 1
You walk to the other corner of the room. [4] The door there is made of wet sand. It seems to barely hold up under its own weight. [6] You completely demolish the door and pieces of sand fly everywhere. Behind it is a desert. But unlike a regular desert, this one doesn't have high temperature, and has rivers flowing trough it. They form an X and flow away from you. They don't seem to change their flow at their intersection. The door behind you seems to be a portal as thin as paper. A few meters from the door are sand hills. They might not be too high, but you can't really see, because of the wind spinning around the sand up there.
Run full speed at door 1 after adwarf tries to open it
You prepare for running straight past the first door as soon as adwarf has given a shot at opening it. [6] You run through with full speed and past adwarf. You even leap over the river cross and stop when halfway up a hill, right below the flying sand.
Also, I was thinking that I might lower/rise the failure/success chances when trying improper things. For example trying to punch a hole in a wall, flying, trying to step 1 step on simple terrain with nothing happening. Things that are obviously easier or harder.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 07:36:52 am »

"ok adwarf come over"
Search for trees or other sources of Lumber

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 07:40:38 am »

Follow Noah

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 07:51:50 am »

"ok adwarf come over"
Search for trees or other sources of Lumber
The room description, that says stuff, clearly means there are no trees here, and thus increases your failure chances by two. [2] You obviously find no wood here. What a waste of perfectly usable time.
Follow Noah
[3]You go after Noah to the hillside, tripping a couple of times on the shifty sand and barely making it across the river.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 07:53:47 am »

Go Upriver 1

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 08:01:05 am »

Stand on a seemingly stable part of the bridge.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6