Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: The Dimension of Ten Doors  (Read 6537 times)

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Dimension of Ten Doors
« on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:25 pm »

Ponder not over your past, for all that matters now is the future. Any who dare join, will start in a room. That is all you shall hear from me now. Further events will be decided by the lot of you. Now adventure onwards, and know, that it's the end you seek!

In this RTD I'm leaving pretty much everything to be discovered by you. You're all in this together. You can see what other people do, and their actions affect you all, though you can't interact with the others directly. In short - No touchy! All of your actions and more will be decided by rolls. Be they made by dice, my calculator, or Python. I trust them all well. The normal rolls are, from the worst, 1 - critical failure, 2 - failure, 3 - partial failure, 4 - partial success, 5 - success, 6 - critical success. Certain things can affect certain rolls. Thus the numbers can range above and beyond these. Beware of such.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:22:49 am by ottottott »

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dimension of Ten Doors
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »

Odd. The whole night has gone by for me, and not even a single reply has been made. Maybe I should re-add those details that I didn't bother to retype, when connection problems caused my post's body to dissappear.
In some way, there are always ten doors. I can't tell you more. But for an example, the room you're in, a 3*4*2 box, with smooth, cold, dark gray, stone walls. Behind you is a blank wall, but ahead lay ten doors. Four in front of you, and three on both sides. The doors are clearly visible, yet you can't seem to identify their color, material, or anything like that. In the end, I await you, for the final test. (It consists mostly of a little strategy, logic, and common sense. And a lot of dice rolling luck. Those certain things to boost certain rolls would certainly help.)

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 02:32:34 am »

I could join
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 02:38:09 am »

Excellent. Well... You've joined. Say the action you want to do, and I'll roll a die (Virtual or not.) and tell you how your action went. =)

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 02:47:39 am »

Open third door
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 02:49:53 am »

Well I am in almost every RTD on this forum so why not this one to. IN

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 02:51:21 am »

Hey adwarf

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 03:02:28 am »

Hey, and
Open Seventh Door

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:12:07 am »

Well I am in almost every RTD on this forum so why not this one to. IN
Thanks for joining. No need to spend two posts for starting. Just announce your 1st action in your 1st post.
Open third door
You approach the third door. It's the one in the left wall, furthest away from you. As you go closer, you can see it more clearly. [6] The door is made of some white stone-like material. It has straight lines vertically and horizontally carved into it at some spots. It appears to glow and you feel a sense of accomplishment and happiness [5] as you push it open.
Hey, and
Open Seventh Door
You start going towards the seventh door. It's the one in the front wall, to the right, furthest away from you. As you approach it, you begin to see it better. [5] The door is wooden and seems almost alive. There are vertical curvy lines on this door. There's a warm breeze and really bright light coming from underneath it. [2] You try to open it, but the door seems to have wooden hinges on both sides, and no opening in the middle.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:39:24 am by ottottott »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 03:15:01 am »

Look at other side of the doorway

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 03:17:09 am »

Oh well. In.

Open the tenth door.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 03:24:33 am »

Push on the door with all my might.

ottottott

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 03:44:21 am »

Look at other side of the doorway
[1] You quickly lean forward to see what is there, but you hit your head against some sort of forcefield and fall over. Dark rings start to spread from the place you hit your head at. It looks just like that, what happens when you drop a pebble in a pool. Soon the entire opening is dark and not possible to see through. You can see a few tiny bright dots in the darkness though.
Oh well. In.
Open the tenth door.
Welcome!
You go to the door directly right of you. [1] You're not sure if it's a door at all. All you can see is hovering lava. It doesn't seem to heat the surroundings though. [5] You move your hand closer to it, and it moves away from you, towards the edges, leaving a doorframe, made of lava.
Push on the door with all my might.
I think I'm making a rule to prevent repeating stuff until you get a good roll. If you phrase your sentence differently, and it has a slightly different meaning, but the effect you want to cause is pretty much the same, then you're allowed to make a 2nd attempt. Otherwise try different solutions to the problem. Coming back to try later, after some stuff that might affect the outcome, is OK too.
[4] You gather all your strength and try to push the door open. Some cracks appear on it and you hear a faint screech in your head. It's still not open though.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 04:07:58 am »

Kick it until it opens, or breaks.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 04:08:49 am »

look around the room for tools
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:15:11 am by NoahTophatz »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6