Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41616 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »

Unvote, vote Dariush. As has been pointed out already, you accuse Vector of lobbing insults at you and... promptly insult her right back. Are you using some scale to measure 'idiocy' differently than mine? Because from my point of view, I don't see how Vector's arguments are 'idiotic.' At all. For being so 'obvious', you're doing a terrible job of showing it. Because there's nothing to show. Your scumhunting is weak, you're flailing around trying to take people down with you, you aren't willing to explain yourself. You're scum.

Toaster: Regarding Otto, I see a lot of accusations of lurking, one accusation of bullshit on his roleclaim, and one 'let's hang you you're scum.' However, I'm not finding much in the way of scumtells you're pointing out beyond the lurking and the claim. What's your case on Otto looking like?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2011, 10:58:05 pm »

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi - NativeForeigner, Ottofar, Solifuge, IronyOwl,
Toaster -
Bdthemag - Dariush,
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Vector -
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar - Bdthemag,
Dariush - Vector, Pandarsenic, Darvi, Toaster, Think0028,
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting -

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2011, 11:09:04 pm »

"Doesn't matter, must find scum" isn't a valid excuse for ignoring questions. In addition to getting scum lynched, you also have something of a duty to not force town to waste lynched on you because you're being stubborn and opaque.
Somebody asked me a question? Where?

Again with pretending to be ignorant, Darvi. You saw it and pointedly ignored it, so why the act? You continue to paint yourself as meek and a bit confused, and have tried two times to assure us that you're not afraid to die. Why is this?

Nevermind that, you won't answer. I'll tell you why.

You're trying to assure other players that you're not a threat. Rolling over and dying is simply not how Town plays; You hunt, you argue, and you keep on fighting. You don't just passively accept death; only if it clears something big up, or implicates scum, is death worth it. Your repeated assertions of how much your death isn't a big deal, and your habit of broadcasting your confusion, only serve to try and prove how little of a threat you are. You're trying too hard to appear this way, rather than just being that way, which means it's part of an act.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2011, 11:11:14 pm »

Doublepost for clarity, ho!

I assume as well that Solifuge will soon be more active in the game.
Indeed. If it becomes relevant, among other things I'm acting as "best man" for a wedding this weekend, so I've got my hands busy with some minor time-juggling. There should be a 20-60% increase in post-frequency stating next week.

Solifuge:  Do you have any other picks (or failing that, opinions) on anyone besides Darvi?
I feel that the case on Dariush is pretty well-established; I agree that his OMGUS stinks, but I have little to add beyond that and what's already been said. However, I suspect he's just getting emotionally caught-up in this scrap, and as a result is foaming at the mouth a bit. He reads as "overreactive angry town" to me.

Ottofar is simply outrageous. He's like a lava lamp; expensive to keep, entirely useless for shedding light on anything, and entertaining to watch fidgit and squirm.

NativeForiegner, I know you're busy right now, but your habit of slinking around the proximity and taking potshots at others is less than confidence-inspiring. Here's hoping you can join the fun, and get you hands dirty on Day 2.

As for intuition, with the group's size and way I read us all playing, I get the notion that there is 1 experienced scum covering themselves quite well, 1-2 inexperienced scum slipping up a bit (whom the experienced one has likely kept out of their crosshairs), and potentially 1 third party.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:16 pm »

Pandar: Is there a reason you took that completely out of context? Are you trying to make Darvi look scummier or did you only skim his post?

Mu. No. No.
(Unanswerable - I didn't take it completely out of context. If he's going to use me as an example, he's insinuating that I'm scum. I'm not even terribly hard to read as scum, or so I'm told.) (No, nothing I do is necessary to make Darvi look scummier. By a glance at the vote count I can see he's doing a fine job of that himself.) (No, I did not only skim his post. I wouldn't have spotted that word if I had, most likely.)

IF you were to ask a real question like why that bothered me, I would answer that I have no patience for him pussyfooting around me and if he's going to call me scum he will and if isn't then he won't.

Pandar: Why so paranoid and defensive?

... Inviting Darvi to accuse me of being scum if he thinks I'm scum is paranoid and defensive?

lolwut
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2011, 11:31:18 pm »

Personal note of interest: I am familiar with the word Mu, but is it actually used in conversational Japanese to mean "unanswerable"? If so, that is so flipping cool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2011, 11:43:19 pm »

Drool pools in Bdthemag's mouth, slowly dripping onto the floor. Someone had recently placed a sign stating AFK around his neck.

Suddenly, Bdthemag collapses.

"Sorry, guys. Blame him. You'll find out why." Webadict's voice sure is bossy...

You all drag him to the machine thingy and throw him on. It starts up and you find Bdthemag has transformed into... er... himself.

"Way to make impressive technology, Wuba," yells NativeForeigner.

"Shut up. He wanted to be himself, so I fixed his DNA. All I added were a few brain-destroying nanobots."

"Wait, but that has nothing to do wi-"

"Anyhow, get back to playing. I'll reset the scoreboard... I mean vote board."

Bdthemag has died!

Bdthemag was Bdthemag (mafia).

Votes Reset!

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi -
Toaster -
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Vector -
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar -
Dariush -
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, Ottofar, Solifuge, IronyOwl, Dariush, Vector, Pandarsenic, Darvi, Toaster, Think0028,

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Bdthemag - Bdthemag
You are Bdthemag, constant lurk

(Auto) Anti-Lurk System: Because of your constant lurking, if you do not post in thread for 24 hours (except on weekends), you die.
(Mafiakill, Night) Roll To Dodge [target]: If your target is targetting another player, you roll a die with the following outcomes. This action replaces the mafiakill.
1: Your action fails. Also, lose all your actions and votes. Oh, except Anti-Lurk System.
2: Your action fails.
3: You kill the target.
4: You kill the target and learn the target's target(s).
5: You kill the target and learn the target's target(s) and the target's action.
6: You kill the target and one of the target's targets.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy Prepared
« Reply #232 on: July 26, 2011, 11:46:23 pm »

Dariush.

One down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 26, 2011, 11:50:31 pm »

Dariush, again.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 26, 2011, 11:55:50 pm »

Darvi, my reasoning 7 posts up. Again, I suspect Dariush is Overreactive Town, but he's been too uncooperative to prove otherwise.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2011, 12:16:03 am »

(Auto) Anti-Lurk System: Because of your constant lurking, if you do not post in thread for 24 hours (except on weekends), you die.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love you, web.

... Inviting Darvi to accuse me of being scum if he thinks I'm scum is paranoid and defensive?
No.

If he's going to use me as an example, he's insinuating that I'm scum.
This is.

lolwut
Exactly.

Still looking for answers from Darvi.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2011, 09:04:42 am »

Irony:
I don't like that last part.  If Dariush is obvscum, how does someone else's vote affect that?   How scummy does Darvi have to be to be better than a "guaranteed vote on obvscum?"
It was intended from his perspective.

I see.  Nothing further on that note, then.

Think:
Toaster: Regarding Otto, I see a lot of accusations of lurking, one accusation of bullshit on his roleclaim, and one 'let's hang you you're scum.' However, I'm not finding much in the way of scumtells you're pointing out beyond the lurking and the claim. What's your case on Otto looking like?

Well, he's contributed absolutely zero to the game.  His first of two real posts was directed at a player that had been forum muted.  The second was hypocrisy (calling Darvi active lurking when he's doing it himself.)  Then the WIFOM starts.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2467233#msg2467233
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2467278#msg2467278
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88478.msg2476762#msg2476762

Various posts wondering about the votes on him, with a tone of "They should be voting me."

What I called BS is an appeal for people to not vote him- a tone change from before, and what I call a change in plan of his RiA.

In conclusion, I have no idea what the hell he is doing.  I have extreme doubts that he is town, but I don't know what he's up to.  He's an oddball, but I'd rather deal with him later.

Dariush is scum for reasons stated earlier.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2011, 10:50:37 am »

Toaster, I was calling Darvi out of hypocrisy so yeah.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

Because I was gonna do a post like BB's out of Darvi, but he had no content, except the part he was trying to policylynch me, for activelurking.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2011, 11:05:46 am »

Toaster, for being scum.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28