Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Simple BYOR - Night 3: No Flavor For You [2 Replacements Required!]  (Read 41595 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2011, 09:52:40 am »

Forgot a couple points I meant to make.

Mostly, the wagon on Darvi stinks.  Anything Otto does is suspect.  Native's been riding an RV.  Soli has expressed a case on him, but no one else.  Irony topped him off with this:

Darvi. What's your read on Think and Solifuge?

"Doesn't matter, must find scum" isn't a valid excuse for ignoring questions. In addition to getting scum lynched, you also have something of a duty to not force town to waste lynched on you because you're being stubborn and opaque.

In fact, you know your vote on Dariush? I was about to vote him, but now your vote- possibly a bandwagon from a somewhat scummy player- has made me reconsider. Is that what you want, to turn a guaranteed vote on obvscum into a dubious, reluctant decision because you are also scummy?

I don't like that last part.  If Dariush is obvscum, how does someone else's vote affect that?   How scummy does Darvi have to be to be better than a "guaranteed vote on obvscum?"

Solifuge:  Do you have any other picks (or failing that, opinions) on anyone besides Darvi?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2011, 10:35:56 am »

Vector: It's currently my last week at this job, and it's massive user testing ahoy, AND my girlfriend is visiting for the first time in 2 months. As a result, I've been fairly busy. No actual content at the moment, have to get ready for work.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:57 am »

Vector: It's currently my last week at this job, and it's massive user testing ahoy, AND my girlfriend is visiting for the first time in 2 months. As a result, I've been fairly busy. No actual content at the moment, have to get ready for work.

Okay, thank you.  I'm not trying to be an ass about lurking, but please do realize that it's your most prevalent scumtell and I will eventually be forced to respond accordingly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL!] Simple BYOR: No Idea What You're Talking About
« Reply #213 on: July 26, 2011, 11:46:32 am »

Vote Count
----------------------------
Darvi - NativeForeigner, Ottofar, Solifuge, IronyOwl,
Toaster -
Bdthemag - Dariush, Think0028,
Think0028 -
Solifuge -
Vector -
Pandarsenic -
Ottofar - Bdthemag,
Dariush - Vector, Pandarsenic, Darvi, Toaster,
IronyOwl -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting -

6 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BYOR - Day 1: Webadict Is Crazy [1 Replacement Required!]
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »

Fuck, blackout ate my entire post <_<

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2011, 03:17:32 pm »

Why am I suddenly at a single vote, and we still have a tie.

Also Darvi, summarize.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »

Nah, I'm almost done.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2011, 03:22:16 pm »

Darvi. What's your read on Think and Solifuge?

"Doesn't matter, must find scum" isn't a valid excuse for ignoring questions. In addition to getting scum lynched, you also have something of a duty to not force town to waste lynched on you because you're being stubborn and opaque.
Somebody asked me a question? Where?

Think mostly concentrates on the blatant obvscum, but hey, he's barely above beginner's level right now. I can't really expect him to find pandarscum or something like that. He also has a lack of absence but he has good reason for that.
Soli... so far he has one post voting for me because I am "passive and a yes-man"(If by that he means that I only go after easy targets with the occasional question to others then that's probably because they are so horribly scummy. That bit about me getting confused about there being 3 scum would be self-explanatory if he had read my following posts.), stating Vector's deviousness, noting that he wouldn't extend and that he has read a few games, and asking me about his opinion.

PPE: Upon reading his first post I noticed that there was a question. Aderp. No I didn't do that as a trap for Irony. I didn't know how many scum there was, and when he asked me that one question I thought that the amount was written somewhere in the flavour of the OP or something. Which struck me as odd because 3 scum seems a bit too many for such a small game.
I am, after all, not an evil mastermind.

Relatively neutral feel on both of them because neither of them has done anything actually scummy and I don't get any townfeels period. Slight scumfeel for Soli because he hasn't been here for over a day and other than bandwagonning on me he hasn't done much really.
In fact, you know your vote on Dariush? I was about to vote him, but now your vote- possibly a bandwagon from a somewhat scummy player- has made me reconsider. Is that what you want, to turn a guaranteed vote on obvscum into a dubious, reluctant decision because you are also scummy?
Aha. You're saying that I have precognitive powers? Because nowhere do I see you saying "I'm going to vote Dariush unless the lunatic votes him first"
Now remember when I said that I was keeping an eye on you? Because combined with you saying that you would not vote Dariush, with no other reason than "gut feeling", despite all the shit you're giving him, this makes me think you're trying to both not vote him and give me the blame for it and even scare me away from voting him. Really, is "gut feeling" a good enough reason to not vote somebody despite the FoS?

Darvi I may be paranoid, but what's with the 0's?

This is also something I'm curious about.

By the way.
I have already explained that.

By the way.

To elaborate, I have engaged in a bit of trollplaying during the writing of that post and didn't the quirks out of my writing until I noticed it was too late.

Bussing whom? Otto or BD?
Ottofar. Because you claimed not to be scum because you didn't save his arse. You know what scum would do? Get him lynched to distance themselves from him.
You established what? All I see is you bullshitting around. Even if she was fussing about wording as scum, you're still trying to imply a correlation that doesn't exist since you don't know she wouldn't do the same as town. That's a null-tell that you're trying to sell us as a scumtell.
Yes, I admitted that I was mistaken about trying to judge her aligment basing on fussing over wording. If you had fucking read the thread, you would have noticed it.
So what. Doesn't make it any less true. Admitting that you "made a mistake" doesn't make it unhappen. Also, I might have misunderstood the post I was replying to.
Also, bandwagoning much? Are you so afraid to die?
Nope. Are you?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:30 pm »

All right, thank you.  I had guessed, but I wanted to hear it spelled out from your own fingers.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2011, 05:36:45 pm »

pandarscum or something like that. He also has a lack of absence but he has good reason for that.

If you think I'm scum, call me such. If not, and you're just going to insinuate I'm scum, insinuate against someone you're actually suspicious of.

Re Ottofar: Never have I seen someone so disappointed at a lack of votes. Your wine is the winest of wines.

And priceless Dariush lines like "Answers to Vector's bile-spewing shitwall of text and Irony as well as questioning coming later" have, in light of the total lack of any willingness to take the very real suspicions of him seriously, have in no way convinced me he isn't scum.

Calling something a "bile-spewing shitwall" doesn't make it one. It just makes you look desperate.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »

I didn't insinuate that you were scum. Where'd you get that idea?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »

Sure, picking one word out of context does not a proper quote make.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »

Pandar: Is there a reason you took that completely out of context? Are you trying to make Darvi look scummier or did you only skim his post?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »

I don't like that last part.  If Dariush is obvscum, how does someone else's vote affect that?   How scummy does Darvi have to be to be better than a "guaranteed vote on obvscum?"
It was intended from his perspective.

Somebody asked me a question? Where?

PPE: Upon reading his first post I noticed that there was a question. Aderp.
Except... he specifically asked you about it and you responded with the second comment of yours I quoted. How could you possibly not have noticed it?

Aha. You're saying that I have precognitive powers? Because nowhere do I see you saying "I'm going to vote Dariush unless the lunatic votes him first"
It was meant as an example of how being scummy (such as not answering questions) can negatively impact your ability to get scum lynched.

Now remember when I said that I was keeping an eye on you? Because combined with you saying that you would not vote Dariush, with no other reason than "gut feeling", despite all the shit you're giving him, this makes me think you're trying to both not vote him and give me the blame for it and even scare me away from voting him. Really, is "gut feeling" a good enough reason to not vote somebody despite the FoS?
Unfortunately, there's a difference between finding scummy people and finding scum. Who my gut says is scum is a lot more important than who's earned the most scumtells.

Pandar: Why so paranoid and defensive?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28