Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220821 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 58: Ghastly Guys Generate Gruesome Grievances
« Reply #1230 on: September 19, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »

(Question about EEEK! before I do anything: If I move next to a monster, does it require the roll? Or is it only if a monster moves next to Bradley?)

Exactly as it reads (the latter). Sort of like the condition for triggering an opportunity attack from you in D&D, but with negative consequences.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 58: Ghastly Guys Generate Gruesome Grievances
« Reply #1231 on: September 19, 2012, 02:10:57 pm »

(OK, just wanted to make absolutely sure. ^^^; I didn't want to screw myself out of ever using melee combat because I misread something.)

Bradley noticed monsters to the north when Ochita ran up that way. I'd better help them out... he thought, floating two spaces north and entering the initiative!

SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: September 19, 2012, 02:35:33 pm »

((Somehow, I didn't post in here months ago with a willing intention to join the waitlist?

Bah humbug. Shove me down the deepest pipe at the bottom of that waitlist.))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: September 19, 2012, 03:13:13 pm »

CHATSPRITES

Also, I can't believe I wrote all this out. Time will tell how it plays.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:33:25 pm by freeformschooler »

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: September 19, 2012, 07:14:07 pm »

Joe: JUMP ATTACK A GHASTLY GUY.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: September 20, 2012, 08:26:40 am »

((Woops, I forgot to post. Got distracted by uni and OMG-IM-GOING-ON-A-MISSION-WITH-THE-NEWBIES-IN-ER!))

Back up next to Joe and prepare to hit anything that jumps across the river and comes toward us.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 59: Elaborate grid-based battles
« Reply #1236 on: September 20, 2012, 04:01:20 pm »

Turn 59
Weather: Sunny!
Time: Early morning
Light: Enough

Back up next to Joe and prepare to hit anything that jumps across the river and comes toward us.
Joe: JUMP ATTACK A GHASTLY GUY.

Joe attempts to make a running jump-slash across the gap, but he finds that the Bronze Greatsword has greatly limited his not-so-great jumping abilities! He manages to catch himself at the edge of the cliff, coming inches from taking an uncomfortable dip in the water.

Zako backs Joe up side-by-side on the ledge, preparing for any oncoming Ghast Guys. However, none come close enough to strike at. His advanced intellect leads him to determine that the optimal strategy here would be to use ranged attacks.

Two of the Ghast Guys phase out of the corporeal plane for the turn, but the third one from the palace wall floats over to a ledge and casts SHADE FORCE at Joe. A flurry of focused force materializes around the veteran Toad, causing him to take FOUR damage.

"Magicae Crusta Acquisitis! Protege fragilis Ochita! Mea Braccae sunt ardet!"

Action: Join the initiative! Cast Protect I on Ochita!
Run into the grass room! (1 N, NW, NE)

If that move works.
Bradley noticed monsters to the north when Ochita ran up that way. I'd better help them out... he thought, floating two spaces north and entering the initiative!

Bradley, Ochita and Oomph ran up behind the ledge-standers and joined the battle, gaining spots on the bottom of the initiative list.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Ochita and Bradley don't act this turn, but Oomph cleverly takes advantage of his ability to both move and act by twirling his stuff around and casting PROTECT I on Ochita. For just a moment, a green light links the two magically. Oomph loses 6 MP, and Ochita gains THREE damage resistance for the three turns!

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

((Gm notes: think I finally got Oomph's skills balanced enough. Healing should be plentiful, MP regen not as effective as ideal and protection costly. Additionally, it appears the grid is cover))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:13:24 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: September 20, 2012, 04:19:13 pm »

"Oomph sees problem, he must whip it!" He said, preparing to crack that blooper whip.

Action: I try to use my blooper whip on the closest Ghast Guy! ((Hey, do whips have a range of more than one square? :P ))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:27:54 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: September 20, 2012, 05:17:45 pm »

"Oomph sees problem, he must whip it!" He said, preparing to crack that blooper whip.

Action: I try to use my blooper whip on the closest Ghast Guy! ((Hey, do whips have a range of more than one square? :P ))

Well they should. They're kinda outside the original weapon triangle, but since we have bows and lances I suppose a whip could be 2 range.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 59: Elaborate grid-based battles
« Reply #1239 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »

Bradley, thinking quickly, cast Magiflash I (Fire-type) on the square south of the northernmost Ghast Guy/northwest of the attacking Ghast Guy!
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: September 20, 2012, 08:59:33 pm »

Ochita and Bradley don't act this turn, but Oomph cleverly takes advantage of his ability to both move and act by twirling his stuff around and casting PROTECT I on Ochita. For just a moment, a green light links the two magically.

Ochita and Bradley don't act this turn, but Oomph cleverly takes advantage of his ability to both move and act by twirling his stuff around and casting PROTECT I on Ochita.

Oomph cleverly takes advantage of his ability to both move and act by twirling his stuff around and casting PROTECT I on Ochita.

move and act by twirling his stuff around and

twirling his stuff around

OHH YEAH
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: September 20, 2012, 09:07:33 pm »

Fireball that ghast guy and then pull Joe back away from the ledge with me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: September 20, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »

OHH YEAH

I think I meant to say staff, but he doesn't have a staff anyway and that's way funnier.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: September 20, 2012, 09:37:54 pm »

I only just caught that!  :'( MY MIIIIIIIND!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: September 20, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »

OHH YEAH

I think I meant to say staff, but he doesn't have a staff anyway and that's way funnier.

If your mind's in the gutter already, it doesn't make it any better.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 122