Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220801 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 59: Elaborate grid-based battles
« Reply #1245 on: September 20, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »

Joe: Temporary tactical retreat. Let them come to you.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 20, 2012, 09:50:30 pm »

XD

You guys. Not even two turns back and I'm already cracking up. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 20, 2012, 09:52:07 pm »

While I still haven't finished putting the combat system to (virtual) paper, I'm just going to put up a reminder that this is Mushroom Kingdom Wars. Play it safe around drops and gaps, but ask yourself: what would Mario do?

You guys. Not even two turns back and I'm already cracking up. :3

This is why this deserved to come back.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 20, 2012, 09:54:46 pm »

What would mario do?

HE WOULD CRUSH THEIR PUNY HEADS UNDER HIS BOOTS WHILE LAUGHING AT THEIR SUFFERING! Either that or feed them to his pet DINOSAUR.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: September 20, 2012, 11:28:54 pm »

Play it safe around drops and gaps, but ask yourself: what would Mario do?
((Use a series of drug analogies?))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 20, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »

Play it safe around drops and gaps, but ask yourself: what would Mario do?
((Use a series of drug analogies?))

Yes. That is exactly what Mario would do. Everyone dust off your LSD, we're going on a "road trip".

Might not get a turn up tomorrow, sadly.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 21, 2012, 11:44:22 am »

Move to the ledge, and fireball a ghast guy if ones in range, if not, defend.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 60: Sick critical, bro!
« Reply #1252 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:54 am »

Switching to current tense because I'm used to it now. May be many typos because I am typing with one hand. Fixed an error in Zach's stats, he should have 10 MHP, not 9.

Turn 60
Weather: Sunny!
Time: Early morning
Light: Enough

Joe: Temporary tactical retreat. Let them come to you.
Fireball that ghast guy and then pull Joe back away from the ledge with me.

The leftmost Ghast Guy continues to be PHASED OUT. However, he creeps over to the Heroes' side of the battle as he does so.

Joe and Zach initiate a TACTICAL RETREAT, but Zach slings a fireball towards the closest GHAST GUY first. He manages to deal a whole seven damage before moving back next to Joe again.

The injured GHAST GUY wails. "Yoooouuuuu have disrespected our Master's work! We will send you BEYOND the grave!"

The two remaining GHAST GUYS move towards the party. The middle one initiates another round of GHOUL FORCE against Bradley, dealing a respectable damage and causing the poor Boo to spin around in the air a bit. However, as Bradley is DARK-element, the DARK-element attack is reduced to half damage, only causing THREE HP of harm.

The rightmost GHAST GUY materializes a ghoulish blade and slices Zachary with a well-aimed UMBRAL REND attack. It cuts right through his armor, dealing FIVE damage! Zach bleeds out from his chest, and the attacker dismisses his blade from the material plane. Bradley manages to remain calm.

Move to the ledge, and fireball a ghast guy if ones in range, if not, defend.
Bradley, thinking quickly, cast Magiflash I (Fire-type) on the square south of the northernmost Ghast Guy/northwest of the attacking Ghast Guy!
"Oomph sees problem, he must whip it!" He said, preparing to crack that blooper whip.

Action: I try to use my blooper whip on the closest Ghast Guy!

Bradley, Ochita and Oomph take their actions next. Bradley waves his knife around in the air and recites an incantation. He still aims one space south of the middle GHAST GUY, but is smart enought to be AUTO-MOVED to a place where he won't be hit by his own spell.

"Perspicuus Incendia, Lux lucis Sursum Meus Hostilis..."

FWOOM. For just a moment, Bradley's spell lights the ground under the enemies up brighter than the early morning sun. The rightmost GHAST GUY disappears into the void, and the central one looks badly injured. Magiflash I gains 1 EXP! One more critical hit and it'll Tier Up.

Ochita moves toward an Empty ledge and attempts to throw a fireball, but he misses it just strikes the grass on the other side futilely. Oomph, meanwhile, strikes at the nearby GHAST guy, dealing only ONE damage. Its phased out form protects it from harm.

The grass where Bradley's spell struck has been set alight. Everyone gains 6 EXP from the downed GHAST GUY.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOMPH (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 01:39:05 pm by freeformschooler »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 60: Sick critical, bro! Also questions
« Reply #1253 on: September 23, 2012, 01:56:55 pm »

Also, hate to doublepost but I'm looking for a few opinions while the system is in a state of fluidity. This goes for any readers, not just the players.

1. Does the current system for combat seem "balanced" enough? I realized we only how a few turns to go off, here.
2. Do you like the current map system? If not, what would you do to improve it?
3. Would you prefer me illustrate each new concept/object/enemy in full view or leave it to my words and your imagination?
4. The waitlist is getting a bit long. Do you want me to break it up by introducing new characters soon after the old ones' death or wait until the mission's end like last time?
5. Any other suggestions? Comments? Questions?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 60: Sick critical, bro! Also questions
« Reply #1254 on: September 23, 2012, 03:14:24 pm »

1. Yeah, it seems perfectly balanced enough. Although, this is coming from someone who sucks at RPGs.
2. The map system looks great, and I think it should continue to be used.
3. Yeah, why not. It would add a little more depth for us readers and the players.
4. YES. THE FIRST ONE. PLEEEEEASE!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 23, 2012, 09:46:40 pm »

(Sorry, just got home, haven't even changed my sig yet. Figures I go and do something ridiculously badass when I'm not home to gloat about it. :P)

Bradley covered his mouth with both hands. "Oh. OH! I, I'm s-s-sorry! Um, um, try not to get burned..." he said, floating over the water to avoid the fire and moving to flank the remaining ghast guy (two spaces north and one west; if still possible, he'll...) and attempting to stab the enemy with his knife.

(EDIT: Sorry, didn't even think about the questions, I was so worn out from the three hour drive home. >.< Uh, anyway...

1. I'm going to say too early to call yet. Maybe sometime next fight I'll have seen enough of it in action to know.
2. I'm with GSF on this one. Handdrawn maps (or at least well-done MSPain maps :P) FTW.
3. Entirely your decision. I don't mind things being left to the imagination, but if you have an idea for how an enemy looks and you really want us to see it that way too, then share it. :D
4. Either is fine with me currently, for obvious reasons. :P
5. Nothing to say here yet. ^^^)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:05:14 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 24, 2012, 12:17:58 am »

"Owwww... Some healing might be nice right now Oomph..."

Fall back behind Joe for the moment if I don't get healed. If I do, back up Oomph and power strike that left ghast guy.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 24, 2012, 12:54:22 am »

"One moment, Oomph needs more mag...!"

He felt the Gm's finger flick him in the back of the head.

"Never mind, complain to GM enough, get things done."

Action: Oomph gathers all his friends around and casts CURE ALL!

((OOC: Yah, both of my spells cast 6 MP, and I have a maximum of...11. :P So I can only cast one spell, then I have to drain to do another))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:24:22 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: September 24, 2012, 05:10:27 am »

((Oh good catch. Lots of holdovers from the temp sheets in LQ. Back up to 12 you go.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:02 am »

((Edited my turn, FFS))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 122