Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220722 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 16, the Ochita that Neverwas...
« Reply #330 on: July 30, 2011, 01:31:46 pm »

Well, I haven't heard anything from that other guy since, so I'll put you on the next invisible waitslot, and you'll join up when the crew gets back to town (may take a while)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 30, 2011, 01:41:32 pm »

"Oomph was excellent jumper in Bowser High School gymnastics team..."

Oomph backs up, and takes a running leap, vaulting over the stone plant!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 30, 2011, 02:42:24 pm »

Oh yeah, Dwarmin, I'm not sure if mentioned. You can't actually dual wield yet (there will be characters who can do so later in the game) so would you like to just wield the club?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 30, 2011, 03:25:51 pm »

Bradley looked around. Being on his own wasn't good in the slightest! He decided he shouldn't hang around here; that weird thing might catch up to him. Instead, he was going to take the obvious exit, and floated into the pipe.

I have to run since Chronic Shyness means I can't fight back in one on one battles. ^^; (Well, I mean technically I have nine rounds to beat enemies, but once I'm out of MP that's kind of it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 30, 2011, 03:32:35 pm »

Later that will might improve (or earlier on if you do a specific thing). For now, you could technically fight one on one, you just have to succeed a preroll to make sure you've maneuvered around to their backside or side, similar to the invisible Koopa preroll (which so far has been in you guys' favor for the most part, although it is easier to succeed)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 30, 2011, 04:56:53 pm »

Oh yeah, Dwarmin, I'm not sure if mentioned. You can't actually dual wield yet (there will be characters who can do so later in the game) so would you like to just wield the club?

For now, yeah, just to see what the spook ability is.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 30, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »

Later that will might improve (or earlier on if you do a specific thing). For now, you could technically fight one on one, you just have to succeed a preroll to make sure you've maneuvered around to their backside or side, similar to the invisible Koopa preroll (which so far has been in you guys' favor for the most part, although it is easier to succeed)

What?

BRADLEY OLIVER OAKES is evolving!

Becomes BIG BOO!

...is that what is is? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 30, 2011, 05:04:08 pm »

What?

BRADLEY OLIVER OAKES is evolving!

Becomes BIG BOO!

...is that what is is? :3

Spoiler: MAJOR SPOILER ALERT (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 30, 2011, 05:09:17 pm »

Ah, oh well. I'll just wait and see. ^^

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 31, 2011, 01:20:29 pm »

See if I can find a super star. If yes, save everybody and -thing. If not, uh... find the ohers.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 31, 2011, 06:59:58 pm »

Update in progress. Waaaay too many drawings. Dwarmin in particular is going to love this one.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 17, it's the fiiinaal poolevaauullt!
« Reply #341 on: July 31, 2011, 07:55:50 pm »

Turn 17

Time: Night
Weather: Chilly
Light: Next to none

Turn Intro

As lives have been lost, power will be gained in return. Everything evens out in time. For now, though, the crew has more important problems than power...

Turn Results

Taric: Break the spear.

You decide that the spear can't be that heard to snap like a twig. With one hand on it, you do just that. The center of the thing makes a SNAP sound as you crack it in two. With the top half of the spear in hand, a spectacular series of events that include a transformation takes place.

You have acquired the Starlance.

Red: Find a Super Star. If you can't, join your friends.

You have no idea where you'd find a Golden Star. Seriously. They're so rare that they sell on the Toad Market for thousands. Using one is like the ultimate drug for some people -- a taste of true power. Since you can't find one anywhere, and it's most certainly not likely that one of your teammates just acquired a magic lancewand that gave the effects of one for a price, you join up with your friends. They're attempting to get around a piranha plant statue.

Bradley: Run away, to the north!

You float down the pipe. Sometimes you almost wonder what it feels like for a regular person to experience pipe transport. But no, you have to go through the dark yourself. This is not to say the dark is a bad thing, though. You find yourself on the other side of the pipe.

Suddenly, you pop out in a forest clearing. The tree cover is dense all around, like a dungeon room, but to the north is a green, locked door with a green keyhole on the front. It's much, much bigger than any door you've seen. You don't know where it could lead.

On the left side of the clearing, a Question Block floats in the air, blinking.

Spoiler: The Green Door (click to show/hide)

Oomph: Pole Vault over the statue.

You try to think of a way to pole vault over the large statue. Hrm... hrm. Wait, you've got it! You'll just stick the hilt of your sword into your root mace! Er... wait, that's not the best way to put those things together. Oh well, too late. After doing so, you begin the final countdown.

Words just sort of fail to describe what follows.

Fuzz: Look behind the pipe.

It suddenly dawns upon you that nothing you ever do will be as great as the thing that Oomph just did.

Oh, yeah. You take a look in a crack between the wall and the pipe. Actually, it does look like something's there! It looks like the hallway sort of... splits? Straight ahead is what looks like color of lava, whereas the hallway forks to the right going who knows where. You are so engrossed in your looking that you forgot to smash the statue with a hammer. But oh well, it would be hard to get up there anyway. If you could smash the statue you could probably just jump across! You could try smashing the pipe, though...

Turn Outro

Interesting how the tides of fate are turned so quickly. First, Taric manages to acquire an artifact magical lance. Then, Bradley most definitively escapes the monster (though there is not exactly a good path for him to follow except back through the pipe now). Lastly, Oomph pulls off a reality-defying stunt almost perfectly.

Red didn't really accomplish anything, though.

Player list

Spoiler: Taric (Taricus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red (Darvi) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:10:30 pm by freeformschooler »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 17, it's the fiiinaal poolevaauullt!
« Reply #342 on: July 31, 2011, 08:01:23 pm »

Wield... THE POINTY WANDLANCE! And head back over to that block to get something out of it. Also request that the GM updates my active skills list.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 31, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »

@Freeform's OOC: Nah, it's cool. The images are a nice touch. ^^

Bradley watched the pipe nervously as he floated over to the question block. Once he was certain nothing was following him, he turned to it and smacked it with the maul. I wonder what's in it? After he got the item - and if it wasn't the key, of course - he would take a closer look around the room.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 31, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »

Updated the skills list, for both Taric and Oomph. I will admit Spook is mildly overpowered in 1v1, but it's a trade off to not making initiative first part of the time, in addition to having no Crushing bonus.

Whereas Double Jump, in Taric's situation, is a pointless waste of MP.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:11:00 pm by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 122