Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1294371 times)

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #6270 on: September 19, 2011, 05:30:01 pm »

Click the "downloads" button. There's a zip package there with the compiled game.

Aaargh *facepalm*

Thanks. :)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6271 on: September 19, 2011, 05:44:03 pm »

What on earth did you do to get such a bad morale for a long period of time? You need at least -100 to start losing it.

Rain and withdrawal will often do it.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6272 on: September 19, 2011, 05:47:50 pm »

Weeeeeeee.
FunctionZero's mod is good for making ridiculous structures, like connecting all the hardware stores in town into one giant thing.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6273 on: September 19, 2011, 06:04:37 pm »

Yay, my mod is credit to team!

If everything goes well, I'll be rolling another mod out soon that'll expand construction, like stone and steel construction, dressers and shelves, beds, barricades, et cetera.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6274 on: September 19, 2011, 07:15:57 pm »

What on earth did you do to get such a bad morale for a long period of time? You need at least -100 to start losing it.

Rain and withdrawal will often do it.

Yeah, morale ain't exactly balanced or complete yet.

I've gotten less than -100 morale mostly through alcohol withdrawal alone, since I went cold turkey right away. I didn't realize at the time that XP could drop at all, much less into the negatives.

Which bug is that? I noticed that XP can start decreasing (and potentially go negative) if your morale is bad enough, but I assumed that was intentional.

That's the bug i'm talking about, exp can go down i had -1000 something once it really ruined my char

Not a bug. Watch your morale better, I guess, and if it starts to get really low, do things to increase it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6275 on: September 19, 2011, 07:18:04 pm »

How do I stop that "Monster spotted--run mode is on!" message from coming up when I see a zombie and locking my controls up until I hit "!" twice?
Well, that IS the whole point of the Run Mode - to stop you from getting killed if you hold down the movement buttons.
It's still pretty annoying when I KNOW there are zombies around, a way to turn it off would be nice.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6276 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:03 pm »

Then just turn run mode off. It doesn't do anything BUT that.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6277 on: September 19, 2011, 07:19:29 pm »

How do I stop that "Monster spotted--run mode is on!" message from coming up when I see a zombie and locking my controls up until I hit "!" twice?
Well, that IS the whole point of the Run Mode - to stop you from getting killed if you hold down the movement buttons.
It's still pretty annoying when I KNOW there are zombies around, a way to turn it off would be nice.
Don't turn it back on, then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6278 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21:45 pm »

Report: While I was finishing the second half of a wall, the build process took both the stack of 10 planks I was standing on and the 5 to the right of me. The build menu states that the wall requires only 10 planks for each half of the wall, so I was just wondering if this was a bug or a typo.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6279 on: September 19, 2011, 07:29:25 pm »

Getting chased by zombies, step on a random pile of dirt in an intersection. Turns out it was a landmine, there goes that character.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6280 on: September 19, 2011, 07:29:50 pm »

There's an issue with the creation system where it will take all of the usable material instead of just what is needed. I've been trying to cut two by fours out of heavy sticks, but it takes all the heavy sticks near me and makes one board instead of taking 1 heavy stick or making a board for each stick.
Nothing important here, move along.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6281 on: September 19, 2011, 07:56:16 pm »

The game explicitly tells you how to turn it off. Press !.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

erick1294

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6282 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:22 pm »

Just in case if you press it twice you will turn it off and ON, so just press it once and the run icon on the corner will go off

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6283 on: September 19, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »

Must've been too vague, a way to turn off the notification would be nice.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6284 on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:55 pm »

Why would you turn off the notification? The entire point of run mode is that the game notifies you when enemies appear, and stops you from continuing to move. The notification is not confusing, and is at least far less confusing than a lack of notification would be.
Pages: 1 ... 417 418 [419] 420 421 ... 777