Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1299234 times)

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #4260 on: August 02, 2011, 04:21:16 pm »

What I want to see is some weapon mod (item) that has effect on the crossbow.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.

pandamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: August 02, 2011, 04:22:19 pm »

Flaming crossbow bolts?

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: August 02, 2011, 04:23:34 pm »

Must be something with the tileset version then it keeps telling me "there's nothing to pry there" when I try using it on the doors to the bank.
The vault doors or the front doors?
Front doors actually. My current character has found all of the computer skill books with the help of dead scientists and I figured some hacking would be nice.
I've found that alarmed doors cannot be  pried open despite of being wooden. It must be an oversight.

Derp.  Yes, that was an oversight--fixed now, thank you.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: August 02, 2011, 04:31:29 pm »

Where to get the tileset version?

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: August 02, 2011, 04:31:34 pm »

Just posting to follow this thread, and to say what an awesome game this is. I have only played the tutorial though, and am currently reading the manual before plunging into it  :D Wish me luck!

Death or Glory!   
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: August 02, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

Just posting to follow this thread, and to say what an awesome game this is. I have only played the tutorial though, and am currently reading the manual before plunging into it  :D Wish me luck!

Death or Glory!

Good luck, also no need for manual the best training is field trip and dying many times, lol at least that worked for me...then i figured out which builds i liked playing the most and forged a character

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: August 02, 2011, 04:42:43 pm »

So after countless bloody deaths I've finally lived long enough to find both hammer and nails. I've boarded up a house on the outskirts of town and wanted to know what kind of protection boarded up windows provide. How much longer does it take a zombie to breach a boarded up window compared to regular windows and if zombies have no line of sight to me through the windows can they still detect me?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #4268 on: August 02, 2011, 04:49:43 pm »

So after countless bloody deaths I've finally lived long enough to find both hammer and nails. I've boarded up a house on the outskirts of town and wanted to know what kind of protection boarded up windows provide. How much longer does it take a zombie to breach a boarded up window compared to regular windows and if zombies have no line of sight to me through the windows can they still detect me?
You'll leave a scent trail, so the best way to be safe of zombies is to set a bunch of tainted meat (from butchering) out a good deal of spaces from your house (3 works) and light it on fire.
It'll generate smoke which erases your scent where it is, and make it harder for zombies to detect you. Don't worry to much about smoke, so long as you're stepping in the light smoke only, and even so it takes medium smoke a few turns of inhaling to incur the smoke penalty. Heavy smoke will incur it much faster though, but it only really ever appears right next to the fire.
Also, try not to set your house on fire.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: August 02, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

It takes zombies ages to get through boarded-up windows.  Scent will not permeate them, either.
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: August 02, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »

It takes zombies ages to get through boarded-up windows.  Scent will not permeate them, either.

Does scent permeate regular walls or doors?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: August 02, 2011, 05:03:10 pm »

Derail, yes, but...

MoM, your avatar was bothering me. And the thing that was bothering me was that it wasn't animated. So I fixed it, heh.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 05:05:40 pm by GlyphGryph »

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: August 02, 2011, 05:04:36 pm »

I enter a lab with my uh person first time in one. I go downstairs and I'm In ant tunnels.3 scientists zombie things attack me they drop acid? But died easily ok I thought but then 2 more came and unleashed manhacks I killed them with the wood axe. I traveled the tunnels for 2 days looking for a way out surviving on random ant loot. After one shoting ants I came to the subway and got killed by a soldier ant (sad face).

On another visit to another lab with another guy I went down the stairs and It looked like a lab this time . I explored the rooms and dodged multiple turrets. Then in a lone room somewhere I found a mininuke I was like " huh a mininuke 'a'pply 'tick tick' OH SHIT 't'hrow , run , explosion , and dead" ..  I was injured beforehand and it was like 3 ticks per 'turn'. Yay for phone posting.
I wish I had a screenshot ::)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: August 02, 2011, 05:20:59 pm »

Derail, yes, but...

MoM, your avatar was bothering me. And the thing that was bothering me was that it wasn't animated. So I fixed it, heh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually

I chose not to use that version cuz it doesn't look as good when shrunk.
*Hugs*

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: August 02, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

So according to PlumpHelmetPunk, who did a let's play deal on this back on the 10th of July, NPCs were temporarily removed.

As it appears this is still the case, is there any reason to be wary of owned items?
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 777