Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108355 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! Day 2 - Jimmy Deadpants
« Reply #435 on: July 06, 2011, 05:07:55 am »

You mean like a replacement that also makes a confirmed townie?

No.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:39 am »

Nah, of course he wouldn't roleflip if he gets instarezzed :V

And before anybody gets any stupid ideas, this also goes if he's scum. Only the replacement knows his alignment. Aaaand maybe his scumbuddy/mason/brother.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:34:29 am by Darvi »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 06, 2011, 05:56:46 am »

You mean like a replacement that also makes a confirmed townie?

Na, I meant with the same alignment, so exactly like a replace, but Darvi get's to feel good about himself.  :P
It just struck me, I should not be playing right now... The amount of alcohol I just had is making it hard to type. See you guys tomorrow morning.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 06, 2011, 09:37:16 am »

Kilakan: We already have one person on the ropes for being inactive, please do not make it two. Who are your favourite picks and for what reasons?
Ya sorry sleep and 12 hour work days makes for little time to play mafia.

Anyways My top picks are BDthemag and breadbocks.

As for BDthemag, I'm unsure as to whether it's simply he's new so that when he posts and scum hunts it seems incredibly minimalistic.  He tends to focus on one person, that tends towards those who don't post very much, he gives very little reasons for anything he does.  For anything solid?  Well this is a bloody mess so far, and with me not being able to get on as much as I like, well I'm getting confused and losing track, so it's really just a feeling.

Breadbocks-
breadbocks: You haven't answered my question. Why didn't you continue scumhunting after you placed your vote on UltraValican?
Ah, sorry. Missed it. I didn't continue scumhunting because I was confident UV was scum, and scumteamhunting would be hellish in the clusterfuck that it was.
Really so you pick one person, get yourself somewhat sure about the person, and then shut off?  What the hell is this shit.  You can be as sure as hell about someone, that doesn't mean that you just stop, give the person a bloody chance to explain themselves and actually watch others posts for suspicious things.  Or was it that you knew he was town and there was a decent chance he'd get lynched so you stayed on him!

breadbocks: Where is your response to my questions?
Well, let's see... 5PM today... I was asleep. I've been quite ill recently, and as a result, my sleeping schedule has been upside down. This would be fine evidence were it not for the fact I hadn't posted at all today when you posted that.

As for PowderMiner, this is getting kind of ridiculous. He's already been prodded twice, right? If he needs to be prodded again, I honestly think a modkill is in order.

Max, who are you planning on nightkilling?
Oh ok then, you're sick, and I guess that when you get sick you must become blind and unable to move?  Maybe if you are so sick that a computer would make you puke you should ask for a replacement.
Ah yes, pushing for a modkill, because you shutting off when you think someone is scum isn't ridiculous?  It also seems to be ok for you to lurk when you're sick, maybe someone should check powderminers activity recently.  Guess what I did and he hasn't done anything since the second, so maybe he can't post?  I think a replacement is better when someone actually hasn't done anything on any part of the forum for 4 days.

Nom nom nom

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 06, 2011, 10:11:35 am »

Breadbocks-
breadbocks: You haven't answered my question. Why didn't you continue scumhunting after you placed your vote on UltraValican?
Ah, sorry. Missed it. I didn't continue scumhunting because I was confident UV was scum, and scumteamhunting would be hellish in the clusterfuck that it was.
Really so you pick one person, get yourself somewhat sure about the person, and then shut off?  What the hell is this shit.  You can be as sure as hell about someone, that doesn't mean that you just stop, give the person a bloody chance to explain themselves and actually watch others posts for suspicious things.  Or was it that you knew he was town and there was a decent chance he'd get lynched so you stayed on him!
Let's be very, very clear on this. Every post he made at that point made him seem scummier and scummier. And then he said that he was scum. That is the scumminess event horizon. You cannot go back from there. Also, lulzily enough, I gave him "a bloodychance to explain [him/herself] and actually watch[ed] other[']s posts for suspicious things"
breadbocks: Where is your response to my questions?
Well, let's see... 5PM today... I was asleep. I've been quite ill recently, and as a result, my sleeping schedule has been upside down. This would be fine evidence were it not for the fact I hadn't posted at all today when you posted that.

As for PowderMiner, this is getting kind of ridiculous. He's already been prodded twice, right? If he needs to be prodded again, I honestly think a modkill is in order.

Max, who are you planning on nightkilling?
Oh ok then, you're sick, and I guess that when you get sick you must become blind and unable to move?  Maybe if you are so sick that a computer would make you puke you should ask for a replacement.
Ah yes, pushing for a modkill, because you shutting off when you think someone is scum isn't ridiculous?  It also seems to be ok for you to lurk when you're sick, maybe someone should check powderminers activity recently.  Guess what I did and he hasn't done anything since the second, so maybe he can't post?  I think a replacement is better when someone actually hasn't done anything on any part of the forum for 4 days.[/quote]
No, being ill doesn't innately make me blind and/or paralyzed. This particular illness, does, however, cause my sleep schedule to be more than I'm awake, and at nocturnal times, meaning I wasn't awake when he posted that message. As you can see, I'm confident I can work while sick, but you need to recognize that my posting times won't be 24/7. As for pushing for a modkill, a replacement would work just as well, but I honestly would like to see if he flipped scum or not.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 06, 2011, 12:59:05 pm »

Get thine acts together and lynch thee a scum.

Or somebody, at the very least.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 06, 2011, 02:09:40 pm »

Hrm. I suppose you're right.
Max, my vote's going right back on you once I'm not running the risk of a no-lynch.

But since we are running the risk of no-lynch, Powder Miner has a fair bit to answer for.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 06, 2011, 03:08:36 pm »

You defensive varmit!
*Shakes fist*
Get out of my town scum!!!

UltraValican: If your reading this, DAMN IT MAN! You could have saved yourself by voting for Powder and making a tie, giving you a read for the night. Even if you were lynched the next day, you would have had some show and tell for us.

No, that would've been a bad idea. It would've infuriated me to no end, and I wouldn't have held back about it.

If you're town, the only way you can save yourself from the lynch is by scumhunting well in advance of it. Gaming votes to save yourself is scummy fucking bullshit and you should never, ever, ever do that.

Lynches are valuable town resources. They're the primary way the town investigates its suspicions, so it's absolutely critical that the town make each and every one count, by lynching the top suspects with excellent arguments. Even if it's a mislynch, it narrows down the field and forces the town to reevaluate their suspicions, helping them get closer and closer to scum.

It's true that UltraValican could have saved himself, but he would've screwed over the town by doing that.

One out of one proven townie IC's believe lynching to try and save your own ass is an unforgivable scum move.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2011, 03:13:54 pm »

Umm... What? I wouldn't be lynched. It would be a no-lynch, which is one of the worst things for town, except in very special cases.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 06, 2011, 03:32:41 pm »

locking thread soon maybe?
 ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 06, 2011, 04:10:34 pm »

Nah, I just got up and don't have the post ready yet.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:05 pm »

I lock when you post...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Night 2 - Silence of the Lurkers
« Reply #447 on: July 06, 2011, 05:10:30 pm »

In all the turmoil, one scoop of ice cream didn't bother to participate.
He simply stood there, just outside of the debating group.

You! Vector yelled at him.
Why aren't you doing anything?
You're just standing there and waiting for us to kill each other aren't you! She accused him.
Stop yelling at him like that! bdthemag intervenes.
You keep doing that, he's probably scared shitless by now!
She's right though, breadbocks replies.
If he's not helping us, he's against us. He has to die.
Nobody objected, or at least it went unnoticed, so he grabbed the scoop.
Any last words? He asked.
Thought so.

And with one swing of the deadly object, he cut of Powder Miner's head right off.
Before the ice cream even hit the ground the scoops noticed that they made an error in judgement.
And even before the green juice stopped spilling out of the corpse, they lied in bed, in ashamed about what they did.

Powder Miner -3-Vector, Think0028, breadbocks
breadbocks -2- bdthemag, Max White
bdthemag -1- kilakan

Not voting: Powder Miner

Powder Miner has been lynched! He was  a regular Mint Citizen!

It is now Night. Scum and power roles, you know what to do.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The scoops returned to the city square on the next morning, and this time all of them were there and ready to get started.
Well, sort of.
Vector at least wasn't ready, what with her being nailed to an ice lolly stick.
Don't ask how the stick got into the ice cream, but the poor woman will not be able to help anybody anymore.
Okay now that was a lie.

With them outnumbering the Vanilla Townies by only one, the Mint Citizens knew that they couldn't afford to make any more mistakes.
Nervously, they wiped the board and started what might be their last session forever.

Vector got nightkilled! She was a regular Mint Citizen!

Whiteboard

Not Voting: breadbocks, Max White, Think0028, bdthemag, kilakan

Barring extensions, the day ends on Monday, 10PM GMT

2 votes to extend, 3 to shorten, no hammer!

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whelp. Max, I am convinced you're one of the two scum. I've a 50/50 chance of being right, statistically. I've got all the points scattered around, I'll see if I can get them all in one post.
Bdthemag, you need to be more active.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 37