Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20643 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: Drinking at Pride. What could go wrong?
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2011, 07:50:14 pm »

Since when did LGBT Pride become an excuse for a swarm of straight people to wear pretty much nothing? Not that I'm complaining.

I have not seen so many breasts and penises in real life since the last hippie festival.

This is something I've always wondered about.  What about being gay means you have to dance through the street naked to prove a point?  People might take you a little more seriously if you kept your clothes on, and didn't reinforce WASPy nightmares about gay people breaking in during the night and fucking each other on the kitchen table.

I've seen other things like that before, like that "naked bike ride" thing in Portland or wherever it was. Sometimes a group of progressive types will think that the best way to get your message across is to do something shocking that has absolutely nothing to do with the message you're trying to get across, just because it'll get attention.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2011, 08:32:46 pm »

Just saying as mostly sober now - it's a bunch of straight, or at the very least bi? But I'm betting straight people out here, almost naked. Way more of them than gays.

The party after the parade was pretty much is another excuse for getting naked, fucked up, and dancing out there. As the ratio of female exhibitionists outweighs males by the boatload- but there's the societal topless double standard there.

EDIT: I say "party" loosely - as this is the actual "Pride" event happening in front of city hall in broad daylight with kids around.

Double Edit: I dunno, I had a fantastic time - actually heterosexual hookup of sorts. Just seems strange to me that straight people looking to party have flooded the gay Pride event. But looking back at my own situation, I'm a big fat hypocrite :P

I think some people just like to use pride to be openly sexual without anyone judging. I'm not sure how I feel about all of it yet.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:42:05 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2011, 10:21:21 pm »

I believe if you are old and/or generally mostly ugly you should be banned from naked and kept an I on In case you wear excessivly tight clothing. No one of any age hould be exposed to some of the bodies that todays society creates. Give them free cosmetic surgery at least so the horribly fugly people are not walking nightmares. On the other hand hot young sexy people (big breasted women) should be paid to go around at least topless as topless busty women have been proven to put mens blood pressure lower. We then have less heart attacts from hypertension and medical bills go down.

given there is a lot of the "Think of the children!!" people about how come they dont complain that some old guy is walking about the streets where kids can see. Is it the "Oh his gay its ok" or some thing else? if another person did it they would go to jail and have flesh melted off with boiling sugar water.

Also if you buy and run a gay bar, would that make you "gay" by association??
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »

Lord Inquisitor: Is that entire post just a joke in poor taste, or did you forget to eat a solid breakfast this morning?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: Barsexuals.
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2011, 12:29:45 am »

60 is the new 17.

Maybe some of us like looking at old guys.

Also, women are not tits-on-a-stick for your blood pressure pleasure.  There's plenty of classical paintings around if you want to look at naked boobies.  Also the Galapagos, as I hear they don't clothe the avian inhabitants.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:28 am »

What is that, Ben-gay Ultra? That's HAWT son!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:09 am »

I'm just going to assume that Baron Friar over here is drunk. Or something. I don't want to think that those thoughts came from a sober mind.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2011, 01:13:24 am »

If you're drunk, masturbating with bengay, icy hot, or tiger balm might just sound like a great idea!

Spoiler: Yeah so. (click to show/hide)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 27, 2011, 01:15:15 am »

60 is the new 17.

Also, women are not tits-on-a-stick for your blood pressure pleasure.  There's plenty of classical paintings around if you want to look at naked boobies.  Also the Galapagos, as I hear they don't clothe the avian inhabitants.
1. High five for the message.

2. High five again for the obscure bird species reference.

Seriously though, if you're going to let some people go nude you have to let everyone go nude. Not just the people you want to see naked.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2011, 01:31:11 am »

I'm just going to assume that Baron Friar over here is drunk. Or something. I don't want to think that those thoughts came from a sober mind.

What are you drinking? Cause where you went with it was no where I intended.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2011, 01:32:09 am »

By "Baron Friar" I meant Lord Inquisitor. Keys are right next to each other.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:25 am »

Tits and boobies are not obscure bird species unless you have not been on the internet for that long. :P

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2011, 03:40:38 am »

It took ten pages to get from drinking to birds. Clearly not enough alcohol in this thread.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: Alfred Hitchcock
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:51 pm »

Baron urist mcFriar has been Accosted by terrible vermin, Complained about the nasty water lately

Alfred Hitchcock made some good films and some less so.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056869/trivia
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: Alfred Hitchcock
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »

A bit too much of the ol' sauce on saturday - over about 6 hours I went through 5 pints of ale, a third of a bottle of Maker's Mark and half a bottle of red wine. Not doing that again. In future, I'll stick to drinking in pubs and bars. Felt lousy all of sunday, and I'll likely cut out drinking until saturday.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19