Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20644 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: What we don't have one?
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2011, 07:09:23 am »

At this moment, all I can say is "you lucky bastard".

I'm just glad I didn't join the guys and girls who went to the club after the pub closed, last night.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2011, 07:33:44 am »

I have no idea where vinegar-on-fries is popular on the large scale, but it is around here (Rhode Island). I'll use basically any kind. Apple cider vinegar is pretty good too.
I'm in North Carolina, but the vinegar-on-fries wasn't my idea, I discovered it from Five Guys. I'd eat there more often if not for the fact that their food emanates heart attack awesome.
Fixed. I'd forgotten that they have malt vinegar there for fries. I usually get 'em Cajun style and eat eithout any additional condiments.

Heading to the Flying Saucer tonight for a friend's birthday. While I would like to work my way through a half-dozen of the highest of the highbrow pints and inform you Philistines of what you're missing...I really need to watch my spending and I have work tomorrow morning. So I'll probably just grab a couple of whatever's on special and call it an early night. Haven't had any Duck-Rabbit beers in a while, but then they're a bit heavy for summer. I *do* like to drink local whenever possible, and North Carolina is blessed with a number of good craft breweries.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2011, 07:46:53 am »

I don't drink these days as I've gone off the taste of alcohol. When I did drink I mostly enjoyed spirits. Glad to hear I'm not the only one fond of absinthe or anything with anise really. Otherwise whiskey, rum, vodka, and a cold glass of cider on a hot summers day were my poisons, cider still sounds appealing.

Would you believe I've never encountered that problem from heavy drinking?
Same here but I stopped while still < 20 and a friend told me he only started getting hangovers at 20 >= so maybe these days things would be different.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »

I'm the same as Lord Shonus. I have not ever had a hangover, and never had alcohol to the point of being violently sick- although I've pushed to the limit before I generally get way too woozy, silly, and end up blanking out. I tend to have water on hand when I drink a lot as I've heard that helps reduce alcohol sickness in general.

I do rarely drink though, and even rarer drink enough to get messed up.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2011, 02:35:06 pm »

I have gotten pretty sick before, because I didn't realize my neighbor makes his drinks with the proportions inverted, but no hangovers.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2011, 02:40:08 pm »

I find I'm hangover free as long as I drink a glass of whatever for every serving of booze.

This does not work so well when you confuse the vodka for water, and have a glass of vodka for every shot of whiskey you take.

(Those three deaths worth of hangover were absolutely MISERABLE)

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2011, 08:33:39 pm »

I just got a bottle of Russian Gold Standard and its quite good. That is all.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2011, 08:40:00 pm »

Me and my fiance just finished off a bottle of Pinot Grigio, which was not great but succeeded in getting us suitable buzzed, celebrated the fact, had some ice cream, and no is time for Terraria. Luckily for my perma-death character, I am beginning to Sober Up. ;)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2011, 06:14:28 am »

Oof. As I often do when I got my drink on, I said "damn the torpedoes" last night and wound up drinking half a dozen high-gravity beers, including some Grand Cru and a fine Imperial Stout. I actually *do* remember getting home, which is good. Thank the gods that Saturdays are a quiet day at work.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2011, 06:23:29 am »

Oof. As I often do when I got my drink on, I said "damn the torpedoes" last night and wound up drinking half a dozen high-gravity beers, including some Grand Cru and a fine Imperial Stout. I actually *do* remember getting home, which is good. Thank the gods that Saturdays are a quiet day at work.
There is, of course, always the Paranoia Factor when it comes to periods of having no memory. For example, you could have done somthing embarassing. For an even more horrifying example, you posted where you were going here, and we live in the same locale. Therefore, it is fully possible that I went to your place of drinking and filmed you doing somthing embarassing. For an even more horrifying example, I could be uploading the video of your admittidly quite unique drunken antics to Youtube right now and am just about to post it for all of Bay 12 to see.

So you have fun thinking about that.

EDIT: Just to be absolutely clear, I am just messing with you.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 06:43:51 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2011, 08:14:00 am »

Considering my antics consisted mostly of trading international travel stories with a host of cute 20-something females (former classmates), go for it.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »

Had some Canadian Mist whiskey this week, some smooth stuff too, then we had this weird Jager and honey mix from mexico that for some reason tasted good but really sticky shit, stuff poured out like gravy.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: Drinking thread: Drinking at Pride. What could go wrong?
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2011, 03:51:44 pm »

Some observations about Pride from out here in front of SF city hall

Gays mix fab drinks. No joke.
Since when did LGBT Pride become an excuse for a swarm of straight people to wear pretty much nothing? Not that I'm complaining.

I have not seen so many breasts and penises in real life since the last hippie festival.

5 girls sans shirts fit themselves into a portapotty earlier.

The LGBT community and friendly people are dis-proportionately dead sexy. Seriously.

My girlfriends here are complaining that they need to keep telling themselves to "stay straight" as they are drinking, so I will now excuse myself.

EDIT: And yes, these drinks are fruity and that just cracks me up so much.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 03:58:24 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2011, 04:02:51 pm »

Since when did LGBT Pride become an excuse for a swarm of straight people to wear pretty much nothing? Not that I'm complaining.

I have not seen so many breasts and penises in real life since the last hippie festival.

This is something I've always wondered about.  What about being gay means you have to dance through the street naked to prove a point?  People might take you a little more seriously if you kept your clothes on, and didn't reinforce WASPy nightmares about gay people breaking in during the night and fucking each other on the kitchen table.

The LGBT community and friendly people are dis-proportionately dead sexy. Seriously.

Those are just the ones willing the dance nude in public.  Trust me, I live in Dallas' prime gayborhood, and most of these fat old people wouldn't and shouldn't be caught dead in anything more revealing than jogging clothes.  They do make great drinks though, and have the best garage sales.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2011, 04:32:07 pm »

Most lesbians and gays I know are 40 years or older, so yeah, the combination of young LGBTs and others thinking it's just gayer version of Mardi Gras maybe skews things a bit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19