Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Drinking thread: Why yes I fancy organic lavender whitetea with my Irish whiskey  (Read 20639 times)

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile

Well, I know who I would trust for my copper stillware.

Colonel Wilson, of course.

(Cannon not for sale. Non funticional)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The website. It hurts my eyes.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

The website. It hurts my eyes.
It's not that bad. You can't expect a guy who is still wearing a Confederate officer's uniform to be on the cutting-edge of web design.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

But I can expect him TO TURN OFF HIS GODDAMN CAPSLOCK.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

HE CAIN'T. EARL DONE BORROWED IT TO PROP UP HIS SHED WHAT GOT FULL OF SQUIRRELS.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Enter content here

Enter content here

Enter content here
::)

Anyhow, last night I finished my cheapest bottle (Glenfiddich 12yr) so now I'm forced to drink the more expensive ones. Damnit, life's so unfair ;)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Ooh single-malt...I'm partial to Dalwhinnie and Highland Park (both from the ancestral regions of my two batches of Scots, Clans Davidson and Gunn respectively).

I'd love to go visit the distillery up in the Orkneys some day.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

The Orkneys are allegedly cold, windy and... well that's about it.

Personally, I don't really get all the commotion about Highland Park. There's so much better out there. Plus that naming an Island whisky "Highland" is just strange.
As I'm usually forbidden to drink whisky since I stink up the entire house with whiskysmells (that's what you get if you do not know the concept of "limits"), I'm not even sure what else is hidden in the cabinet. I like surprises :)

Yes, I'm a wannabe whisky snob.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah, I've only had Highland Park a couple of times. The affinity is mostly the ancestral thing. Dalwhinnie OTOH is good damn scotch. One of the best drinks I ever had was at a Highland Games gathering (where we silly Americans dress up in kilts, drink lots of scotch, and generally putz around like we imagine our ancestors did) when one of the chapter heads of Clan Davidson offered me a tall Rusty Nail made with 20-year Dalwhinnie and served in a pint glass. With maybe two cubes of ice. Smooth, sweet, and left me where I couldn't find the door out without help.  :P

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I likes me some rum. Spiced rum and dark rum, specifically. White rum is okay, but not really to my taste. I like "fruit flavored malt beverages", like Mike's Hard Limeade and Bacardi O3 and whatnot when I'm just looking for a little drink. Because it's cheap, I usually drink rum'n'coke.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

The Orkneys are allegedly cold, windy and... well that's about it.
I can confirm.  Although there are some pretty amazing prehistoric sites if you're into that kind of thing (like a well preserved neolithic village and burial mounds almost everywhere).

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I likes me some rum. Spiced rum and dark rum, specifically. White rum is okay, but not really to my taste. I like "fruit flavored malt beverages", like Mike's Hard Limeade and Bacardi O3 and whatnot when I'm just looking for a little drink. Because it's cheap, I usually drink rum'n'coke.

I like the girly fruity drinks as well for my beer replacement. But these are carbonated and never come in a metal can or plastic bottle, making them incompatible with safe outdoor fun.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You have to appreciate the MIDI, at least, for that nice mid-to-late-90's touch. Even this man's website is vintage.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

Drank some nice beer last night. <3 Wetherspoon's pubs, so much cheap ale on offer. Also occupied Walter's Bar for a while, had some more nice beer. Gotta love it when they get imaginative with names for beer.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Now Drinking: Chateau Milon 1979. It's way past it's prime so that's why my dad gave them away (he got them from my birthyear and saved them for too long), but about 50% of the bottles is still drinkable.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19