Poll

What is our next project?

Helm's Deep (LOTR) style wall
The Bridges of Flinging
Underground Labyrinth
Second Aquifer Breach
Post in topic

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~Soon to have a Circus!~~ -Spoony's Turn-  (Read 30686 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: Uristildom - Daggerfaints ~~Candy Cane Cliff~~ -Spoony's Turn-
« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:45 pm »

Maybe we could pull a Boatmurdered or Deathgate and live in he'll.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2011, 08:24:34 pm »

We have lots of candy, actually.
Currently the things we have to make are listed as:
Two Armor Sets
Currently Unknown Amount of Pickaxes
An Axe
And a statue for our dining room

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:25 pm »

Make four statues then. Make sure though that it's done by our best mason.

If you have enough left over make another set for the third most experienced military dwarf you can find. Or extra weapons. Armor is not absolutely necessary but weapons will be to pierce enemy armor.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2011, 09:23:31 pm »

a full candy clad squad by the end of the year would be epic. and i wouldn't waste the few bars of the only useful metal we have on statues, but hey it's your turn.

and just so you know, those "shut in" levers for mine and Tobul's suites are profiled for me and her respectively. you may want to switch those. and i humbly request that my "new" quarters be smoothed and engraved, with a 2x2 food only and a 2x2 drink only stockpile in my dinning room.

EDIT:

and what are the chances of BOTH FB's having deadly dust... they're going to be a real pain for whoever tries to take them down.

DOUBLE EDIT:

and i'm certain that our walled section of cavern is completely safe from flooding. all those lines of drainage channels weren't dug for nothing!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:52:35 pm by andyman564 »
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2011, 10:26:34 pm »

However, a fully clad candy squad is no good if all the squad members are fail fighters. Eventually a weapon will get around to penetrating the armor, so you still need decent fighting skills so you can take down the enemy before that happens.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2011, 11:32:08 pm »

HUZZAH! I CAN WORK MY CRAFT!

ON ADAMANTINE!

YAY!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2011, 11:33:02 pm »

I have an idea!

Make two entrances into our fort; one that can be locked off with a small bridge, and another with a humungo-gigantic one that spans a whole screen in length. Wait for the gobbos to cross the long bridge and then launch them off the map.

I might do this with Scrubbedcreams.

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2011, 01:46:17 am »

Wait... candy... is... codename... for...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:13 am »

Wait... candy... is... codename... for...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

kilozombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 01, 2011, 03:25:06 am »

Ohhhhh
I thought...
there was like
a large circus area
underground
with tents
containing candy ore
with clowns and stuff defending it

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 01, 2011, 10:51:25 am »

It's the non-giveaway HFS names so newbs won't lose any !!FUN!!

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 01, 2011, 11:24:19 am »

a full candy clad squad by the end of the year would be epic. and i wouldn't waste the few bars of the only useful metal we have on statues, but hey it's your turn.

and just so you know, those "shut in" levers for mine and Tobul's suites are profiled for me and her respectively. you may want to switch those. and i humbly request that my "new" quarters be smoothed and engraved, with a 2x2 food only and a 2x2 drink only stockpile in my dinning room.

EDIT:

and what are the chances of BOTH FB's having deadly dust... they're going to be a real pain for whoever tries to take them down.

DOUBLE EDIT:

and i'm certain that our walled section of cavern is completely safe from flooding. all those lines of drainage channels weren't dug for nothing!
Since you and Tobul's rooms switched you still have lock-in switches.
I shall send the engravers to smooth your office, they work quite quickly, I have noticed.
And I'll get right to work on adding stockpiles to your room.  Unfortunately, I did the Hematite update before reading comments, so It won't be added until the update after that one.
Make four statues then. Make sure though that it's done by our best mason.

If you have enough left over make another set for the third most experienced military dwarf you can find. Or extra weapons. Armor is not absolutely necessary but weapons will be to pierce enemy armor.
I think I know our next best military dwarf.
A High Master Dyer came in the last migrant wave and I drafted him in because he had started with proficient in Hammers, Armor Using, Shield Using, Fighting, Dodging, etc.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 01, 2011, 11:27:09 am »

Woo, but the problem is the hammer. Get him full armor though.

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 01, 2011, 11:44:27 am »

Yeah, Elves don't bring any metal, and Humans actually get mad ad you for seizing their goods. Luckily, I have a workshop in Upper Uristildom that is cranking out stone crafts like no tomorrow.

Also, the Hematite Update:

First of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
Today I noticed a large amount of tetrahedrite lying unused in the mines. After ordering some of the wood we seized to be bruned into charcoal, I tell some of the metalworkers to smelt the ores into billon.
Second of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
Today, I noticed that the area for adamantine crafting STILL hasn't been mined out. I made sure the miner began mining the area out.
I also order a small passage to be mined out in order to veiw more of the cavern.
Fourth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
The passage was mined out today. I went down to have a look, and updated the maps, although it isn't very interesting down there.
Then I ordered the passage to be sealed up again.
Fith of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
Today, I had a great idea.
Adamantine cages.
No beast alive could break out o' the things, and our dwarves could easily build some. Then we'd just have to build some cage traps!

Later, one of the recruits told me that Tosid, some mason, and Dishmab, a fish dissector, had a baby, right in the dining hall too.
Sixth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
The miners finished mining out the adamantine crafting and storage area today, so I told them they could go back to mining the adamantine.
Nineth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
The workshops are up, our adamantine needs will soon be fufilled.
Various dwarves have approached me and asked me for gear.
Conan asked about armor for he and I, The miners consulted me about making some adamantine pickaxes, and I myself think an adamantine statue would go well in out dining hall.
Tenth of Granite, Summer, Year 8
I took a stroll by the dump I had desiganted a while back, and noticed that there was nothing in it, despite the fact that I had marked various stones to be dumped, and they had been taken somewhere...
Fourteenth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
The adamantine veins are beginning to run dry, while there is much more adamantine deeper down, I fear what may happen if we dig too deep...
Nineteenth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
The workshops are up, and in use. We are converting all of the raw adamantine into wafers!
Twentieth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
While I was in the adamantine production area, watching a metalcrafter run back and forth, obtaining adamantine strands, I suddenyl was notified that a goblin snatcher had been spotted. This isn't very good at all. I;ve heard the stories before, firts the goblins send snatchers, then, a few months later, the seiges come. Thirty goblins at a time, often with trolls and ogres, who can easily decimate an unprepared fortress...
I sent the militia after the goblin, and it was killed in no more then a minute. The final reports show that Sodel, a speardwarf, was the one who killed the snatcher.
I questioned an eyewitness mason, who stated that Sodel had stabbed the goblin in the head with her spear, and tore the brain of the goblin asunder, and shattered it's skull. That was the only hit that Sodel landed in the battle, and the only hit that the goblin sustained, other then a war dog biting it.
Twenty First of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
I began looking over the most recent stock papers, and noticed that while we have one hundred and forty seven boulders of raw adamantine, we have no wafers of the metal, and only one handful of strands.
Twenty Second of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
I looked over the stock papers again, and noticed that since my rule of the fortress had begun, our plump helmet supplies have risen by 268 plants, not counting the ones that have been eaten.
Twenty Fifth of Hematite, Summer, Year 8
Today I noticed in a stack of reports that an entire election for mayor had gone on without myself noticing it. Spuid won the election and is now demanding a better room, which I don't blame him for.
Later, just as I was getting Squid's room set up, Kivish withdrew from society...
Kivish is our broker, so whatever he's planning I hope he finishes it soon.
Soon enough, he claimed a clothiers workshop and started demanding all sorts of things. Most of the things he requested we had, except for leather, so I promptly marked a tanners shop to be built.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12:18 pm »

Actually we did have leather, but I used it on quivers.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18