Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34867 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)
« Reply #240 on: October 02, 2011, 02:10:44 pm »

The spider that ate me?!! I was going to live on through that spider, damnit!
...And I'm not sure if I should be offended by the "not that attached to the fort" bit. :P
Sure, I'll download in a bit and get started.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jargon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 02, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »

We were totally out of animal stockpile space and out of cages.  The cage traps that were outside the fortress just weren't getting replaced.  There were so many that I really couldn't even begin to go through them all.  So they all went into the magma :3

If you want some more FB's there's like 10 wandering about in the caverns below :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

...I think our menagerie was rather more important than cage traps... I mean, you can have other kinds of traps. :P
Downloaded it, by the way. Starting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jargon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 02, 2011, 09:38:01 pm »

Fine, Sorry I flushed the menagerie down into the magma.  Didn't realise they were important.  They should have been built into location if they were supposed to stay there. :(

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2011, 03:59:43 am »

Fine, Sorry I flushed the menagerie down into the magma.  Didn't realise they were important.  They should have been built into location if they were supposed to stay there. :(
Why do you think we have all these cage traps in the first place? To capture things and use them for our dwarfly bidding, of course. By simply executing the prisoners (without using them as practice for our soldiers, or sacrifices, for instance), that's all the effort that went into capturing them gone to waste. (granted magma executions are a perfectly reasonable way to let off steam)

Edit: Holy hell.  You massacred all of the pet animals that had been captured (or bought with cold-hard crafts) in the 6 years since my reign. My animals, so to speak. Did you even bother to look at the cages you were magma'ing? You could've just as easily, you know, let them out of the cages.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And that's not even all of them. Look at all this senseless turkey genocide, it's no wonder Spishaban is sad :P

On a side note, the gear golem is just chilling in the magma. Someone should give it a ramp to get out of there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:15:27 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2011, 04:37:16 am »

On a side note, the gear golem is just chilling in the magma. Someone should give it a ramp to get out of there.

Whut.
How is this possible.

Also, I'll try, then... Might end up sacrificing a few dwarves, but oh well. Now, time to decide which dwarf I shall claim as my own! :D

Edit: Wow, holy fudge on a stick this place is confusing! :o Any idea when the next migrant wave will be?
I like dwarfing myself as a new arrival, that's all. :P
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:03:15 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:37 am »

Whut.
How is this possible.
Turns out iron and sandstone are magma-safe.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2011, 05:09:53 am »

I get thaaat, I was being funny. :P Chilling in magma, geddit? Magma's not exactly chilled?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jargon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:12 am »

Did you even bother to look at the cages you were magma'ing? You could've just as easily, you know, let them out of the cages.

This may have been a lack of understanding on my behalf, but don't you have to build each cage to be able to release the contents?  I had issues trying to separate pets from monsters, goblins, etc. so in the end pitted them all D:

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:12 am »

Pastures, I believe. Or chains. Or you can just build the cage contents and all. But don't worry, it's done now, anyway.
Also, why is there a siege workshop in my arena?! And why is my arena not filled with blood, gore, the warcries of the victors and the screams of the dying?! Grrrahhh! Time to fix that, and I think I'll pick one of the nastier dwarves for my avatar. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2011, 05:18:52 am »

Go to a pasture and open it's information. On the list of tame animals, all the ones in cages will have a cage symbol next to their names. Add those ones to the pasture, and they will be removed from the cage. Takes a few seconds.

Now that that's out of the way, I have to say I really love what you've done with the outer fortress. That small box entrance was so boring.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 05:28:24 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Jargon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2011, 05:19:15 am »

Also, why is there a siege workshop in my arena?!

Ok, that wasn't me.  A lot of areas of the fortress I had no idea what purpose they were for so I left them alone :D

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2011, 05:34:33 am »

Go to a pasture and open it's information. On the list of tame animals, all the ones in cages will have a cage symbol next to their names. Add those ones to the pasture, and they will be removed from the cage. Takes a few seconds.

Now that that's out of the way, I have to say I really love what you've done with the outer fortress. That small box entrance was so boring.
I did all the outside stuff  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Jargon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2011, 06:05:46 am »

I did all the outside stuff  :D
Yea, ashton did all that.  I altered the walls only slightly so the cage traps worked better.

ashton, did you hook up those drawbridges to levers during your time cause I couldn't find them?  I made some of my own levers for them instead.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2011, 06:46:58 am »

I get thaaat, I was being funny. :P Chilling in magma, geddit? Magma's not exactly chilled?
It was a valid question in any case. Should gear golems survive in magma? I'm not so sure right now...
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20