Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Needing more players)  (Read 34840 times)

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile

Long story short, me and a friend are starting up a Succession game and we're wondering if anyone else wants to join in.

List of players:
-Michael_Almeida (me)
-Ikidarsha
-Yoink IS ON THIN ICE
-Draxis
-Nyxalinth
-Zhaine
-Spish
-wypie requested to be removed
-Cousen
-areyoua
-Saint
-slathazer
-Kelmoir
-ashton1993
-Jargon
-MysteriousOldGuy
-You?
-
-

Now mind you, neither of us are expert players so don't be surprised if things have gone belly up after our turns. You can post about what happens in your 'reign' as a sort of log, and this is even encouraged.

Rules (Mostly copied from Boatmurdered):
1. One year = One turn. Once you see the cheery green "Spring has arrived!" text, save it, zip it, and get it to the next player, possibly by uploading them to the DFFD.

2. Each player gets one week to finish their turn. If you start but can't finish, your successor has the option to pick up where you left off and play out the rest of your turn and their. If you don't start, then the old savegame just goes to the next player.
2-a: A player has two days to start his turn when the saves are up, otherwise his turn will simply be given to the next player.

3. The only thing not allowed is making the fortress unplayable for the other players. (Water flood, Magma Flood, Digging into the circus without a competent military, Caving in the whole fortress, etc.) Everything else goes.

This game uses the latest (at the time of writing) version, v0.31.25 and the direforged mod. And me and Iki are playing the aforementioned mod for the first time, so again, our fort will probably look rather bad.

Turns: ( Complete - Skipped - In progress - Pending )
-Michael_Almeida 1
-Ikidarsha 1
-Yoink 1 2 3
-Draxis
-Nyxalinth
-Zhaine
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
-Michael_Almeida (Loop 2) 1
-Ikidarsha (Loop 2)
-Yoink (Loop 2) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
-Draxis (Loop 2)
-Nyxalinth (Loop 2)
-Zhaine (Loop 2)
ASGASGAJSKAJFSKF*RAGE*
-Spish 1 2 3 4
-wypie I am disappoint.
-Draxis 1
-Cousen 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
-areyoua 1
-Saint 1
-slathazer 1
-Kelmoir 1
-ashton1993
-Jargon 1
-Michael_Almeida (Loop 3) "What the purring maggot is this?! THE PURRING MAGGOT IS THAT?! WHAT IN ARMOK'S LOINCLOTH IS THE POINT OF THAT?!!" Yeah, I don't think I'm going to do this.
-Ikidarsha (Loop 3) Burned out after several streamings of Amnesia.
-Yoink (Loop 3) One week means one week.
-Draxis (Loop 3) No.
-Nyxalinth (Loop 3) Nope.
-Zhaine (Loop 3) Not even going to bother trying.
-Spish (Loop 2)
-Cousen (Loop 2) Turn put on hold since he's away.
-areyoua (Loop 2)
-Saint (Loop 2)
-slathazer (Loop 2)
-Kelmoir (Loop 2)
-ashton1993 (Loop 2)
-Jargon (Loop 2)
-MysteriousOldGuy
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:45:15 pm by Michael_Almeida »
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (Looking for more players)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 10:07:57 am »

Sure! I'll have a go, Direforged is a pretty cool mod.
I'm not by any means an 'experienced player' either, although I have finally worked out how to make steel weapons... ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 06:48:25 pm »

Sure! I'll have a go, Direforged is a pretty cool mod.

Alright, have fun. I'll be sure to notify you when your turn comes along.

In the meantime, here's my first turn.

5th Obsidian, 187

If you are reading this, then I am most likely dead, which would be of no surprise to me considering the mission that insane despot has sent us on. I as once a humble fish cleaner from the mountainhomes of The Prestigious Furnaces, and now the leader of a small group, sent to some new outpost in the wilderness in search of riches for the glory of our homeland. May Limul and Datan Ralavux bless our journey, as we will certainly need all the help we can get to survive here.

1st Granite, 188

It seems that we have arrived. Already this place seems rich in resources and if we are careful, we might just be able to survive. However, first we must start digging out our new home as I'm sure that soon enough the less desirable races will catch wind of this and might attack us. What more, we need to start making more food and create goods as the merchant's guild promised to send us a caravan each fall to trade with. Hopefully over the next two months we'll be able to do something.

12th Granite, 188

We're digging out an area to be our food stockpile, along with several small places for our food processing workshops. We are finding some clay and rhyolite. Not exactly prime construction materials, but they're better than trying to build our fortress out of wood.

7th Hematite, 188

We have some farms now. It should help for now since the fisherdwarf isn't catching anything right now. There are a number of aligators around which are somewhat worrying, and the lack of bedrooms are making everyone upset. I' having several rooms dug out which will give us some extra materials as well.

24th Hematite, 188

Migrants? So soon? Poor fools seem to be eager to march to their deaths to come here of all places. Thankfully I already ordered to dig out more rooms than we would need anyway.

17th Limestone, 188

We've started to fill up the new rooms, when some more migrants showed up. We're going to need to expand our outpost, and we're going to begin with a hospital and a barracks to get ready for when we get invaded. I just hope that the rest of the year goes smoothly.

13th Timber, 188

One of our miners dropped everything he was doing for no known reason and rushed over to a workshop. Before we know it, he is carting boulders to it and is now starting to work on who knows what. Limul help us, I'm rather worried about him.

18th Timber, 188

The miner has just unveiled the most exquisite rhyolite coffer I have ever seen.

I had it installed in my quarters.

Later on I get the news that the caravan from the mountainhomes had just arrived, and I immediately send for our crafts to be carried over for trade, and summon the broker to the depot.

3rd Moonstone, 188

We managed to get a large amount of food from trade, along with several other wares. We could even offer a few things to our monarch as well. In the end, we left the traders quite the profit margin. This will lessen the blow when we rob them blind next time.

7th Obsidian, 188

I have requested a number of goods from the liason, including several ores, seeds, meats, eggs, and others, and they have shown interest in several products, but I feel more confident that we will be able to supply earrings, and just maybe some large gems. We will have to see how that goes.

I have also been told of some idiotic sprite flying about and punching one of our dogs. Should more show up I'll just have to send out a hunter or two.

18th Obsidisan, 188

Ast is acting strangely, and has just taken over our craftsdwarf's workshop. I just hope that nothing bad comes out of this.

20th Obsidian, 188

Ast has started work on something, with two logs at the workshop.

23rd Obsidian, 188

Kobolds! Damn them to hell, they found out outpost. Thankfully I've started to train a few soldiers to defend us in the future, but they have come much earlier than anticipated.

24th Obsidian, 188

So I was told that Ast finished his work and ARMOK'S BEARD WHAT THE PURRING MAGGOT IS THAT THING?!

BURN IT! SEND IT BACK TO HELL! To think that such abominations lurk in this world chills me to my very soul...

1st Granite, 188

We've set up some nest boxes and hives so we can diversify our food stores a bit, but we should be okay for food for now. Our drink stores are worryingly low, though. Not everyone has a room yet, but it shouldn't be long. All we should really need at this point is to get more soldiers and mine a bit more, since we are rather lacking in actual ores and gems. In the meantime, I'll be leaving control to a friend of mine.

End of Year Report

Dwarves: 20
Soldiers: 3
Strange moods: 2
Artifacts: 2
Created wealth: 124626 Dorfbux
Food: 0 meat, 39 fish, 30 plant, 38 seed, 16 drink (!), 446 other

Next turn: Ikidarsha

I'm not sure if Iki has a n account here, so I might need to post for him too.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:12 pm »

I guess I'll take the next turn.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 12:53:53 am »

I'd love to joi in, if there's room for more, add me to the list.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 04:17:27 am »

The first post has been updated with the new two players.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Zhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 01:03:12 am »

I'll take a shot, it's about time I tried out direforged anyway...

That is if there is still a fort left when it gets down to me :p
Urist: It's 106 miles from the mountainhomes, we got a full wagon of gas, half a pick of cigarettes, it's dark down there, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Catten: Hit it.
Damn you vile character limit!!!

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 08:16:48 am »

I'll take a shot, it's about time I tried out direforged anyway...

That is if there is still a fort left when it gets down to me :p

Well we'll have to see what happens.
...And that's it for vacant spots, let's hope that we are able to have a good game over here.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crewtowns: A direforged succession game (No more slots)
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

Alright, Iki (finally) finished his turn. So here is his log:

1st Granite 189

Gaaaah and i'd been having such a nice dream too, he just had to come in dump everything in my lap first thing in the morning, just because he couldn't be bothered to take charge anymore. I'd have been far more grateful if he'd left it till the afternoon, but oh well a jobs a job still I guess. Seems from these records things are alright shape, but I think things could be in a far better state so lets see what we can do then!

My first orders of buisness are going to be setting up a proper military ready, incase any bloody elves or goblins decide to show up and throw rocks at us for a laugh, as well as get a defensive perimiter up around our 'fortress' entrance. I don't like the thought of any nastys just rnadomly dropping in from the sky.

13th Slate 189

Well things are sorta going well. The wall is half finished and soon I shall be able to whip an army up into shape to deal with any possible intruders in the future! The only problem we've had so far is people being too numb to see what's in fornt of their eyes! The brewer keeps telling me he can't make any drinks with out a pot or barrrel, yet I see plenty laying around and then getting used for other storage cause he's too lazy to go and pick the thing up! Armok help me....

25th Slate 189

Well it appears either i'm the numb one or someone mixed up the order and was making jugs instead of pots. Regardless the mistake has been rectified and hopefully just in time as we are down to our last drink, thought hte bad thing is we just got a wave of migrants. Just what I need to get this blasted wall finished and get some scrubs in the army.

15th Felsite 189

Finally the wall is finished! We now at least have somethign to hide behind should any one come to attack until I sort the military out which is my next priorty. In addition drink production is back on schedule and we've just had a caravan arrive from the Wurudi and an initiate what ever they are.

17th Felsite 189
Oh and now the pansys have turned up with their caravan! Looks like we're gonna have a good pick of goods if we got enough to sell. Though personally I hope the pair of caravans hate each others guts so we can have some free stuff from one or the other.

1st Hematite 189
Well though the Wuradi had some nice looking armour, the stuff was too big for any dwarf to wear, the lanky gits. With not being able to get the armour there wasn't a whole lot either caravan had to offer so I simply gave them a bin of crafts each and yoinked a few wooden armour and weapons from the elves for training purposes, and some cloth and an iron anvil from the wuradi just incase along with more food. Pity, those Wuradi really don't know the price of a good piece of armour.

25th Hematite 189
The military is up and running and the lads are training well, i'm considering getting some crossbows made and expanding the barracks to make room for some marksdwarves. In the mean time I told the miners to start digging further down and we've hit native copper! Might not be as good as iron or the prized steel, but it's a start to our fledgling militarys advantage.

5th Malachite 189

Great! More migrants! This is just what I need to start cranking up production and increase the military, though I think i'm going to have to tell the miners to get to work on more rooms.

10th Malachite 189

I was just doing my usual rounds when it turned out my friend Michael, the same guy who gave me this bloody job, has withdrawn from society. Guess the job must have been harder on him that I thought though i've found it quite easy so far. Poor guy seems to be messing around in the Leather Works.

12th Galena 189

Well we've got another caravan arriving from strange blokes called Encar. Hopefully they got something better than what the last two gave us, as well I heard poor Michael has started making something in the workshop. I guess it's probably best to take an interest in what he's doing and hopefulyl he'll go back to work.

16th Galena 189

well Michael finished his 'masterpiece'. It being a warthog leather bag that menaces with spikes of warthog leather and yak bones......That boy has mental problems.

10th Galena 189

More bloody lanky gits and nothing of use, still I threw more crafts at them to give them a profit so hopefully they bring better stuff, and in our size! Still took all their booze though.

15th Sandstone 189

Well things are going veeery smoothly! Everyone is working other than the occasional slacker, copper production is underway, the military is up and running and the drink problems are truelly sorted! I think I can't do much more to get the place more smooth running so i've decided to commence exploration, digging down to see if we can find magma or a cavern system. As well i've ordered the production of various components to start making traps for a bit extra defence at the fort entrance, and just for hte hell of it told the masons to get smoothing the sleeping quarters out ready to engrave later.

27th Sandstone 189

More migrants though this time I ain't gotta clue what to do with them, least word is spreading that we're a growing fortress. I'll find something i'm sure for the lazy beggars to do.

15th Timber 189

Aah at last! The dwarven caravan has arrived! Finally we should be able to get some nice armour and weapons from the Mountain Homes, and since we barely gave away any of our goods to the other caravans we should be able ot get a nice amount as well

9th Moonstone 189

Well the traders didn't have much to trade, but I was able to get everything they were carrying and still have a lot of our crafts left over. As a result we have got a nice combination of copper, iron and steel weapons and armour, a few various ores as well as a lot of drink and food. With the lisason here i've asked them to send more iron and steel weapons and armour, just incase we have difficulty finding some ore for it.

12th Obsidian 189

Appears a diplomat has arrived, with some traders, no idea who the hell they are but hey if they want to trade I ain't gonna say no to more goods!

1st Granite 190

Well thats it, i've had enough of this malarky for one year. Someone else can take the reigns for a bit, me? I'm gonna make sure no one messes up my military! I'll leave the paper work on the table in the office for someone else to pick up, and if no one does....well I can always send a couple of lads around to smash some skulls to get someone to do it.

End of Year Report

Dwarves: 56
Strange moods: 1
Artifacts made: 1
Military: 12
Created Wealth: 108530
Food: meat 120 fish 384 plant 108 seeds 300 drink 745 other 1061

So at this point I want to add that if you want to name a dwarf, then go right ahead. That should make things a bit more interesting.

I've uploaded two versions of the files on DFFD, one with all the files Iki sent me, and another with only the saves.

Full: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4526
Save only: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4527

Yoink, you're up.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 07:18:33 pm »

Okay, dowloading, I'll get started on it today! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:29:39 am »

I am not going to be able to play for the next week, so go ahead and skip me.

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 01:48:17 pm »

I am not going to be able to play for the next week, so go ahead and skip me.

Alright then. Hopefully the fort will last long enough for you to have your turn the next 'cycle' or whatever.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 03:53:56 am »

Okay, apart from a bit of a look-over the place, I haven't really had a chance to get started.
But now I have some spare time so I'm going to get stuck in! Anything in particular I should be aiming to do, or just keep the fort running along, doing whatever I see fit?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 06:31:53 am »

(...) Anything in particular I should be aiming to do, or just keep the fort running along, doing whatever I see fit?

Keep the fort running and do whatever you want or need. Just don't dig into the underground too quickly (or into the circus for that matter). XD
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 05:17:18 pm »

From the Journal of Yasten Nombesmar, Mayor of Crewtowns, 9th Felsite 190

Well, I've been mayor here a while now, ever since Commander Ikidarsha tired of running the fort, and passed it on to me. I'm not sure why I was chosen, of all people, I suppose she just saw my innate leadership qualities.
I can't say I particularly like all the bother, however, I've not even had time to do any carving lately... If this keeps up I'll forget how.
Anyway, I've decided to just try and keep this place on an even keel 'til someone with more inclination- and maybe, ability- to lead comes along. Just coast along, nice and easy, making sure the fools don't export any precious quecameda... Although the flood of migrants isn't exactly helping with that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20