Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19694 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 14: Hello, Town!
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2011, 12:19:46 pm »

Head over to shaping hall and try to find out more about the area we're being sent to. I'll take three more of the living tools with me. Also: stop doing the RNG.
Ummm... No. You can't have my living tools. I like them.
*rechecks post* oh, whoops. thought we had located more tools for some reason.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2011, 12:40:44 pm »

We should breed them and get more.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:08 pm »

It's highly specialized knowledge how to do so, and keeping Living Tools in an actually living state requires food and shit like that.

Read: Some of those shapers could make themselves useful and get the skill.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:44 pm »

If they are not alive then they are no use for picking locks? o_o

And of course I meant the shapers should do it, or at least learn to create them. Making stuff for the Guardian's and Agents to use to get things done is, like, the shaper's jobs.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2011, 02:16:31 pm »

If they are not alive then they are no use for picking locks? o_o

And of course I meant the shapers should do it, or at least learn to create them. Making stuff for the Guardian's and Agents to use to get things done is, like, the shaper's jobs.
IDK. I remember some weirdness about the specifics of breeding them from Geneforge 1.

And yeah. Unless they can start chucking spells like a boss, or cutting shit up, fulfill your duties as a support class, Shapers.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2011, 03:25:47 pm »

I think you're getting the living tool weirdness mixed up with the thorn batons, bread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:24 pm »

Sorry.

Take my share of gold and look for armor. Light, mage-y armor.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Sorus takes Griffin's chitin armor.

Dragnar, seriously, wtf. Stop getting sixes! ???
(6) He learns how large of a hill the Shaping Hall is on. it is a quite a big hill.

Griffin (4) finds a Iron breastplate for 125 gold. He haggles it down to (3-1) 120 gold.
He then (3) finds a Bronze shortsword for (2-1) 25 gold. (145 total)

Codex (2) Smacks into a wall while hasted. its the wall of an magic shop, though.

Derm finds (1) A Shaper Robe! (+1 to all shaping skills). But it is too expensive, and the shopkeeper refuses to haggle unless you have the base price. (350-600=-250)

Hiraluke follows Dragnar up the hill, and creates 2 thahds and a clawbug. (10+10+22=42 Essence, 68 left) They are controllable.

(Everybody done in town? Total Gold left: 455)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take my 250 of the gold, and look around the shop for training or books.

(Gimme a list of the shop's inventory. I don't want to make a blind choice.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Rush to the mage shop and attempt to convince the shopkeeper that the canister is cursed in some way. I must take it from him to ensure his well being.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:28:18 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

...good god what is going on here?!

Climb the anyway, then question people about our goal. Also: punch the RNG.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dragnar: Sex'd Up Gods: Upon rolling a six all of your other rolls this turn are either sixes or ones.
Might this have anything to do with it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

The shop seems to specialize in mage knowledge, that peculiar midpoint between the Shapers and the lesser (to you, anyway) guilds.
Spellcasting: Alchemical (200)
Shapeshifting: Bird (220)
Alchemy: Change Gold to Lead (10)

There is also a strange glowing canister in the back, covered in holy symbols except at the top, where you see the easily missed swirl of a 'mistake' shaper-made puresteel canister in the glass. You wonder what the bioluminescent goo was to do, and why it was thrown away...

bread: no, that is not it. that only is effective if he has at least 2 rolls.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

and modified. I call the canister. I've had rotten luck lately.wait, does what you said mean its a bad can?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:08:33 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

It is locked behind several layers of religious symbolism and tempered glass. The shopkeeper probably expects payment unless you can prove why not to pay him for it.

Derm: No, but superstitious people are superstitious.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:10:33 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29