Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19683 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 12: Pirates?
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2011, 04:51:45 pm »

(Dragnar does not count)
Aww.

stop doing the RNG long enough to fireball the pirates.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »

Take cover
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

Shape an artilla, adding controllability (2 points) and +5 Dex (10 points), for 24 Essence total.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2011, 05:39:54 pm »

Griffin remains perfectly serene.
"Guys, calm down. We don't even know for sure these guys are pirates yet. Even if they are, our boat is perfectly capable of taking then, I'm sure. And none would be so foolish to attack us and incur the wrath of the Shapers. We will wait for them to hail us or get out of our way."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2011, 05:56:35 pm »

"Butremembertheresnosignontheboatsayingwereshaperstheyllattackiknowpiracyandthatisapirateshipseetheflagnormalshipsdonthaveyarrharrfiddleydeeonthemareyoustillevenreadingthisbecausethatsaseriouspirateshiprighttheregriffenyouknowtacticstelluswhichoneofthemisthecaptainsodermcanshoothimwithhisthornbatonandthenillsetthesailonfiresotheystopgettingacceleration."

Codex realizes he was hasted while talking, and makes a conscious effort to slow down.

"Griff, throw a javelin at the captain, you can figure out who that is I'm sure, so the pirates have no leader, and I'll shoot a firebolt at the mast so they get stuck with the tides. Derm, you make sure the boat doesn't get injured, and heal it if it does."
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2011, 06:07:51 pm »

I cant heal things.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 13: *SwichSwichSwich!*
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2011, 06:12:28 pm »

Firebolt, not Fireball ::) :P

Hostility roll: (1) They attack, just barely not harpooning the draykboathead! It (2) scrapes Hiraluke with one of the edges, though, causing minor bleeding but quickly stops. (6) The Drayk fires back, piercing their ship thrice exactly at the waterline, sinking it almost immediately. This one was trained by someone in the Way of the Precision Sniper sect, it seems; If there was an Agent of that sect in Hadana, it would be quite useful for Codex and Dragnar.

Sorus
He quickly creates an artilla that is controlled and quite a bit better than your typical artilla at spitting precisely.
Team: artilla 1 (2 Int, 6 Dex)
Essence: 126

Hiraluke (4) hides behind the draykhead better.

Dragnar (6) is still not paying attention.

Derm (4 1) Is distracted by the impressive attack

Codex (1 3) Hastes himself as expected, and (5-1) manages to haste the whole boat as well.
He then continues reading, (1+1) but hasn't found much else yet.
Energy: 30 (Recharging@5/turn)

Griffin pets his artillas.

Sea Luck: (1) Pirates Again! Right infront of Hadana!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:28:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »

Take better cover
Raggle Fraggle

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »

See if there's any survivors to be rescued, with "rescued" being closely related to "pressed into slavery" in this particular case. Our boat can obviously handle the other pirate ship.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2011, 06:23:58 pm »

--> Pick up any loot that drifts by.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »

Is everyone's turn going to just be "pick up loot and or prisoners/hide/wait until landfall" ?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2011, 06:35:57 pm »

probably.

Name three other courses of action we could take.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2011, 06:36:36 pm »

Plus, our ride's got this. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2011, 06:37:16 pm »

probably.

Name three other courses of action we could take.
Swim, Pet Boat, Read. :P
But ok.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2011, 06:41:57 pm »

Wait. Why are we all on the same boat? Shouldn't me Griffen and Derm be on one boat, the others another? We're not going to the same place, after all. >.>

Get them phat lootz.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29