Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 22: Mission Go!  (Read 19669 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 11b: [insert Wind Waker theme here]
« Reply #240 on: June 12, 2011, 11:42:25 am »

In that case Sophi, the high Dex one, is Artilla Dex.
Grettin is Artilla Strong.

Good? :P
I was going to do that anyway :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 12, 2011, 11:59:52 am »

Shaping Guide:
Strength: Affects Physical damage and other things requiring strongthings. Max 100, but don't expect a 100 Str fyora to be able to out-punch a Battle Alpha (a 100 Str Battle Alpha, on the otherhand, would be able to put a sizable dent in a mountain). 2 Es per point up to 10, then 4 Es per point after. Every 20 levels adds +1 bonus damage just because.

Dexterity: Ranged equivalent of Str. Helps with aiming and range, but it has to be within sight range. (either yours or the creations) Same Essence use per point and maximum as Strength. Also same silly bonus.

Intelligence: affects resistence to vlish and/or gazers (or the upgrades of either). also whether you can control it or not. control requires 2 Essence in this, past that is just resistance boost. Max 10. (10 point in int will cause major control problems if you lack sufficient Leadership, but it'll be +5 vs vlish/gazers/upgrades, so ...)

Endurance: is Endurance. 4 Essence per point, 100 max. every point adds 2 health. Point 100 adds 4 instead of 2.

Added to OP. If anyone is going to shape or change thier things, say so while I do the update.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:03:33 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 12, 2011, 12:08:24 pm »

(Ignore this, wrong button D: )
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:55:29 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 12, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »

ohno its different :(

I guess make them both dex then

(In game strength was attack damage of creations whether melee or ranged, dex was chance to hit and dodge, assuming I recall correctly from my play attempt last night)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 12, 2011, 12:16:15 pm »

Its changed mostly just to make it slightly easier to tell what the creation can generally do/is when I have to look up this stuff a lot. A high Endurance artilla could make a fairly sturdy projectile, for example, because if its thats high its probably tough enough to have lost its 'fragile'ness.

Or a heavily modified thahd that breathes fire could make good use out of having dex. (Yes, you can make your own modifications of creations, but not yet. that requires a lab and more skill in that kind of creation than any of you have right now.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper! Turn 12: Pirates?
« Reply #245 on: June 12, 2011, 12:51:24 pm »

Derm
(2) does not get much out of the book on the ride to Hadana.

Sorus
(6) Learns how to judge which direction they are going in at sea, using the distance between the sun's position and the draykboat's head.
New Skill: Sea Compass.

Codex
(5) does indeed learn Haste.

Dragnar
(6) Is too busy doing the RNG to learn magic. Don't ask how the others didn't notice.

Hiraluke
(2) Well, its most definately is drayk-like and boat-like, but you're a bit lost past that. Perhaps the sea is too calm and seemingly danger-less compared to training.

Griffin enhances both artillas with better propulsion for the acid spitting mechanism, totalling in 3 levels better. He then toughens them slightly for 1 level better. (5) Neither come close to falling off the boat.
Team: Grettin & Sophi, Artillas (Dex 4, Int 2, End 2, Str 1)
Essence: 0

Sea Luck roll: (1) A Large Heavily Armed ship is seen in the way of your draykboat's path! They do not seem to notice you are Shapers!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 12:55:54 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 12, 2011, 03:24:28 pm »

Haste self, and the boat, then keep on reading.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 12, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

--> Try to learn fireball quickly and prepare it in case of pirates.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2011, 03:30:21 pm »

Two perks, I don't care if you're not using perks, they're obviously behind the scenes.
Dragnar: Sex'd Up Gods: Upon rolling a six all of your other rolls this turn are sixes.
Bread: All the luck: Upon rolling a one, reroll, but a random teammate dies from their roll(s).
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2011, 04:06:25 pm »

I've just been flinging them inside Skills, though theres really only one right now (Dragnar's Alert)

But how about this?
Dragnar: Sex'd Up Gods: Upon rolling a six all of your other rolls this turn are either sixes or ones.
Bread: All the luck: Upon rolling a one, reroll, but a random teammate gets the one instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2011, 04:07:36 pm »

What happens if bread gets a couple ones?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2011, 04:09:10 pm »

Scar, do you know? Because thats a good question.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:33 pm »

Then I feel sorry for my teammates.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2011, 04:43:15 pm »

Perk All the Luck will shift if someone else starts getting better luck than bread. (Dragnar does not count)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2011, 04:46:26 pm »

New perk! Prostrated Body: Sacrifice a body to the Random Number God, in return for an extra life.

Yes, completely useless, which makes it all the more awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29