Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 10942 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:37 pm »

I keep secretly hoping that Valve comes along some day and introduces the Gabestation. 

No gimmicks, a nice controller that has both a joystick and a trackball on it, huge harddrive, media support, and all the games are downloadable through steam.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2011, 03:39:31 pm »

Considering the compatibility with the wii and the wiimotes, and the way Nintendo is refusing to give any hardware specifications, I'm kind of doubting the next-genness.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2011, 03:58:27 pm »

Ugh, please, no trackballs on pads.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2011, 03:59:07 pm »

Its got to be better than the joysticks.  Trackballs are pretty easy once you get used to them.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011, 04:03:40 pm »

Its got to be better than the joysticks.  Trackballs are pretty easy once you get used to them.

Heh, I grew up with analog sticks.  Anything else feels really weird to use to me.  It'd be pretty cool if several controllers came out, some with sticks, some with your weird ball things and the customer could choose for themselves.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:44 pm »

Heh, I grew up with analog sticks.  Anything else feels really weird to use to me.  It'd be pretty cool if several controllers came out, some with sticks, some with your weird ball things and the customer could choose for themselves.

Yeah, it would be nice to have options.  Most of my FPS experience is with a mouse or trackball, and everytime I try to play a FPS on a console I pretty much always quit in frustration because I can't seem to aim with any kind of precision. 

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 07:06:06 pm »

I think they are still trying to figure out how to make it accept up to 4 of those things, and still keep the Wii remotes working. They just do not want anyone to know that yet.
Yeah, this. I'm hoping that they just settle on having the tablet controllers not use the screen if they're other than the 1st at worst, and all 4 functional at best.
At the moment I'm looking forward to this, mostly just because next generation of nintendo always means new nintendo made games.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2011, 12:37:57 am »

Holy...

Spoiler: Related (click to show/hide)
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2011, 12:39:51 am »

Holy...

Spoiler: Related (click to show/hide)
XD. Really all there is to say about that last panel.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 05:20:09 am »

All this talk of streaming live video over Bluetooth being a problem... and nobody thinks it'd make much more sense if these things were just BT-linked handhelds with their own RAM and CPU, that would process everything on their own and simply feed control data to the main console? Do you really think Nintendo would make a controller with a screen that wouldn't be able to play games itself?

Personally, I wouldn't be all that surprised if the WiiU controller could play GBA games natively.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2011, 05:47:16 am »

All this talk of streaming live video over Bluetooth being a problem... and nobody thinks it'd make much more sense if these things were just BT-linked handhelds with their own RAM and CPU, that would process everything on their own and simply feed control data to the main console? Do you really think Nintendo would make a controller with a screen that wouldn't be able to play games itself?
Except if they added it's own RAM, CPU, and graphics processor it would cost an awful lot more. Like, hundreds of dollars per controller more to match the graphical capabilities of the console itself as well as they did.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2011, 06:48:44 am »

Am I the only one thinking that the whole-inventory on the bottom screen will be a little flow breaking?

I'm still hyped that this is more of a controller than a waggle-stick though. YAY.
Everybody!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2011, 07:48:06 am »

Am I the only one thinking that the whole-inventory on the bottom screen will be a little flow breaking?

Less so than having to essentially pause it.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 08:12:41 am »

Well so long as it actually pauses the game. I don't want to look down then look up to see i'm eviscerated.

Everybody!

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2011, 08:27:09 am »

I think that a glance and a tap of the screen will become as second nature as pressing a button on the controller. Has anyone ever had a parent try to play your videogames and have to look down to see where the buttons are? It's probably a learning curve quite similar.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11