Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20763 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - "MEDIC!" T4
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:20 pm »

Character Name: Lemartes
Squad: HQ
Formation: Skirmish line with at least 5 feet between each other.
Stance: Combat
Action: Take Foxtrot. Pay careful attention for any booby-traps.

-------------------------
Hearing the cry for Medic Lemartes quickly radioed over to his squad leaders, "All squads check in. Locations?"
When Wulfric checks in... "Sgt. Wulfric, you need to slow your advance so you don't punch to far ahead of squad 3. Slow it down or help them check the advance paddy's so they can move faster. Remember, we're just looking for combatants or civvies, so no need to actually walk through the water. Wait for my order before storming the village."
When Rook checks in... "Sgt. Rook, I need you to have your medic assist the wounded man over there. If you can advance faster out of the paddy's sweep along the sides of them instead of going through them. I'm having squad 1 help with checking the paddy's ahead of you so try to pick the pace up a bit."
When Tacitus checks in... "Sgt., any chance you might be able to pick the pace up through those woods?"
When Loken checks in... "Sgt. Loken, see if you can pin-point where the sniper is shooting from. I'll call the artillery on his head if I have to."

Edit: You squeaked in before my post rangarkash, but hey, now you can give the LT some smarmy back talk about insulting your intelligence or something. :D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:41:55 am by Theodolus »
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2011, 04:31:45 pm »

"Sir, done as requested, sir."

(Carneas doesn't do smarmy talk... Not obviously at least :p)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:58:18 pm by rangarkash »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2011, 05:05:13 pm »

" Understood holding off assualt on village just getting into position for the assualt me, and my men will also check the paddies before setting up perimeter."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2011, 06:06:12 pm »

Hmm, okay I have a question for you guys now!

In Charlie Company the only way to talk between squads is to physically have your character beside another character or by using a radio man. However it seems you guys are under the impression that everyone has squad radios, which I was not really intending but I don't want to come down on you guys too hard if you'd prefer it this way instead of sending runners to one another with status reports.

So I suppose I need you guys to vote!

Option A: Each Squad has a Squad radio to talk and relate objectives between each other. This makes for much easier communication for everyone and decreases the difficulty/chaotic nature of the battle.

Obtion B: Only Squads with a radioman may use Squad communications. This will tie up one radioman for the turn. Requiring another one to talk with HQ. Squads with no Radiomen will have to send/receive a runner from another squad before they can get new orders. This option is more in keeping with the original Charlie Company and increases the difficulty of the game. Players will be responsible for not meta gaming about events they have not seen/been informed about!

Let me know what you gents want, and i'll put up a poll!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

I'd take option A since we're playing a forum.

---------------------
Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Stance: (pending orders)
Action:(pending orders)

-------------------

Carnus's radio man hands him the phone "Sgt., any chance you might be able to pick the pace up through those woods?"

Sounds more like an order than a request, he thought.

"Brushes too thick to move very fast-any specific place you need me to be? Otherwise, I'm clearing the forest branch by fucking branch."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2011, 07:12:49 pm »

Could I be an overall operation commander, taking logistics and such. These guys get sent on any major operation I devise or if I can't update just be on a patrol?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2011, 07:50:24 pm »

Well, if we want to be more in keeping with 40k we all should have comm beads for close range comms and a radioman for longer range comms. I was under the impression that each squad had a radioman, or at least a radio of some sort, but I'll be okay with trying to coordinate runners if need be. I would prefer option A though.

Lemartes winced at the tone in Sgt Tacitus' voice. "No, no place in particular, but we're taking sniper fire from somewhere in the vicinity of the northwest woods and I'd like to put some heat on the bastard."
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2011, 08:00:36 pm »

I would go with A. If an Imperial Guard regiment didn't have comm beads available... Well, I'd say they'd sooner be lacking flak vests.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2011, 08:19:19 pm »

This is not the w40k universe we all know and love, don't assume anything! That includes commbeads :)

That being said:
3 people have stated they would rather have option A. but there are only 2 votes for it on the poll. Seems the group is leaning towards A though. So if that's what the group prefers I'll give the sgts comm units and next match I'll take out most of the radiomen.

" Understood holding off assualt on village just getting into position for the assualt me, and my men will also check the paddies before setting up perimeter."

@Adwarf, if you've changed your orders, please edit your turn orders so I can tell what you'll be doing, otherwise I'll stick with what you have put originally.

Could I be an overall operation commander, taking logistics and such. These guys get sent on any major operation I devise or if I can't update just be on a patrol?

You'd like to come up with the missions?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »

Sure thatll be fine not what I intended but that'll be fine
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2011, 08:30:32 pm »

Sure thatll be fine not what I intended but that'll be fine

Sorry, I was just trying to clarify what you wanted to play. Could you explain it in a bit of detail?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2011, 08:33:46 pm »

I fixed my orders, and I would prefer A

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Sniper! Mind the trap! T2
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2011, 12:48:20 am »

Character Name: Arghun Ezekiel
Squad: 2
Formation: squads formation
Stance: according to commander
Action: search for hostiles.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2011, 06:15:46 am »

Okay, so it seems a majority of you would rather have A, so that's what we'll go by from now on.

Feel free to edit any orders/rp for this turn and I'll have the next turn posted this afternoon/evening!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2011, 07:36:27 am »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Stance: Patrol
Action:Continue sweep!

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23