Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which option would you prefer when it comes to radio communication?

A: Every Squad can talk to each other freely.
- 8 (34.8%)
B: Only Squads with radiomen can talk to one another without sending a runner for updates.
- 15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Creating Mission 2, sign up if you like!  (Read 20734 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Sniper! Mind the trap! T2
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2011, 04:03:14 pm »

Character Name: Wulfric
Squad: 1
Formation: Arrow ( With the GLs on the inside of the formation )
Stance: Charge
Action: Move to the next point on my designated route.

Wulfric turned to his men, and said " Ignore the trap we have to move on to the next position I don't like being out in the open so try to stay to the woods, or some where in the small village where you have no chance of getting suprised. Now lets go move as fast as possible to our next waypoint. GO GO GO !!!!!!" with that him, and his men begna sprinting to their next waypoint.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2011, 04:14:39 pm »

Character Name: Seneca Hostilian
Squad: 3? I forget.
Formation: N/A
Action: Fire off warning shots towards possible Traitor PDF.

"Stupid bloody PDF Trooper!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets 'Nam) - Move out! T1
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2011, 04:38:17 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Stance: Patrol
Action:
Continue sweeping the forest-maintain a steady speed. No need to run into an ambush.
-------------------
Move up boys, don't let that fire shake you. They want us to all run around like idiots and fall into another trap.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2011, 06:57:32 pm »

Character name: Carneas
Squad: 3
Formation: Moving in line
Action: Move on to the next rice paddy.

"Squad, keep moving forward. Remember, only shoot on my command." Carneas' words were not entirely devoid of selfish purpose. As much as he wanted to go and assist the squad under fire, he had been given another role. He suppressed his urge to curse as Squad 1 hurried forward. They wouldn't be close enough to assist them if need arose, at the speed they were advancing. There could easily be traps in the paddy... if the rebels had booby-trapped one of their huts. He reached for his bayonet and affixed it to his lasgun. "Squad, form line. Behind me." Carneas began to patrol ahead, meticulously and carefully poking at the ground where he was to place his feet as he advanced... Hoping he did not trigger anything above a common hunter's trap.

(And, I believe you weren't in my squad Phantom :p)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2011, 10:34:32 pm »

Character Name: Lemartes
Squad: HQ
Formation: Skirmish line with at least 5 feet between each other.
Action: Wait for Squad 2 to advance into the hills and for zulu to be taken. Once squad one advances towards gamma start moving to foxtrot.
-------------------
Lemartes motioned for a radioman to come over to him. Quickly he shouted out an order, "Men, keep your heads about you! Don't go rushing into dangerous situations!" He switched the line over to Carneas' squad. "Try to keep pace with Squad 1. If you don't see any rebels in a paddy, skirt it and advance to the next one."

(I'm going to be offline until at least late Sunday night (PST), so don't expect any other explicit instructions from Lemartes until then)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2011, 10:41:15 pm »

Then why was I mentioned under the leadership roll?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2011, 04:30:59 am »

Character Name: Arghun Ezekiel
Squad: 2
Formation: squads formation
Stance: according to commander
Action: see commander
Melta operator it is  8)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2011, 06:18:08 am »

You could just go and re-read former posts to be sure which squad you were on, y'know? Maybe you're not the only one unsure on this matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2011, 09:06:57 am »

Character name: Adeon Loken
Squad: Weapons Squad
Formation: Spread out. A privates with lazguns should be at the ends of both flanks, followed by Stubbers, then melta/officers.
ie: P-S-C-A-S-P
P = Private
S = Stubber
C = Corporal
A = Adeon
Action:
- Move to the trees to the left of Zulu. EDIT: That would be Sierra, wouldn't it?
-- Take cover.

RP: If I can think of something.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:45:22 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2011, 12:45:09 pm »

You're currently attached to the weapons squad on the road. You're the little figure waving the sword and pistol around. :)

hope that clarifies things!

Looks like I have most of the orders in however my main computer (with the vassal save file) seems to be having power supply troubles and only turns on every now and then... this will slow things down as I'll have to re create the map. But hopefully I should be able to get turn 3 up for you by tonight!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

Turn 2 Results

14:38 Earth Standard.

The platoon continues their march forward undeterred by either sniper fire nor booby traps that line the route.

(roll:8=fail)Sgt. Wulfric's call for a thunderous charge is met with little enthusiasm and several protests of “But the LT. Said...” the squad decides that they will not be charging with their full vigour. Slowed, 1st squad makes it to the edge of the hut named, 'Gamma'.

2nd Squad continues their slow north through the heavy underbrush of the forest, if there was an ambush or a trap it would be hard to find it until they were literally on top of it.

Seeing that the charge order from Squad 1 was heeded very poorly, The HQ squad could breathe a sigh of relief, their advance would not be threatened by a staggered assault. Picking up their radios after contacting third squad, they began to trek towards the north with Sgt. Lisk the forward observer in tow.

On the left flank, Sgt. Carneas lead his men slowly forward through the swampy muck, amazed that people would grow food in an environment like this. (roll:?) Again, no one in the squad reports any contacts.

Back on the roadway, weapons team waits for a fire order to attack the lone figure running through the village. They receive none, however (roll:8=fail) They mistake the warning shots of Cadet Commissar Hostilian as leave to open up as they advance on objective Sierra.

The running man falls down as you unleash a torrent of heavy fire on him, you can't confirm a kill, but you're fairly certain he was hit several times going down. Defiantly, you hear another gun shot fly past you. You're fairly certain it came from the Northeast.

EDIT: added map
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 05:43:31 pm by Knave »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2011, 05:32:48 pm »

Character Name: Wulfric
Squad: 1
Formation: Arrow ( With the GLs on the inside of the formation )
Action: Move to the next point on my designated route.

Wulfric turned to the private who uttered the first complaint, and said "Son disobey my orders one more time, and I will hang you upside down from the top of the base. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME !?!?!??!?" the  private starts shaking, and nods his head. Wulfric turned back to his position, and examined it after a through look he says to his men " Ok lets move forward towards the next point look out ofr traps, and rebels. Also remember if you disobey my orders when I am trying to get you to cover one more time I will rip your throat out, and shove it up your arse." with that he started walking forward.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Charge!..?! T3
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2011, 07:46:22 pm »

Character name: Adeon Loken
Squad: Weapons Squad
Formation: Spread out. A privates with lazguns should be at the ends of both flanks, followed by Stubbers, then melta/officers.
ie: P-S-C-A-S-P
P = Private
S = Stubber
C = Corporal
A = Adeon
Action:
- Move to Sierra.
-- Take cover.

Adeon mouth hung open for a couple of seconds, before he shouted, "Dammit! Don't shoot until you know its a bloodly enemy you twits! Now hurry the hell up to Sierra and find some damn cover!"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (Warhammer 40k meets 'Nam) - Move out! T1
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2011, 07:56:48 pm »

Character name: Carnus Tacitus
Squad 2
Formation: Hexagon-laz guns front and rear, grenade launchers on left and right flanks, melta+radioman inside. 10 ft distance.
Action:
Continue sweeping the forest-maintain a steady speed. No need to run into an ambush.
-------------------
Stay in formation! Keep your eyes peeled!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Charlie Company 40k (W40k meets 'Nam) - Charge!..?! T3
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:49 am »

Character name: Arghun ezekiel
Squad 2
Action:
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 23