Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 854349 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #9810 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:24 pm »

Also I love being from Ohio: http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-panel-sticks-white-only-pool-sign-ruling-151624022.html

Please forgive my ignorance, but remind me again why shallow bullshit like skin color still finds itself relevant, please. I can't seem to remember.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: January 12, 2012, 10:49:54 pm »

Because some people want any reason possible to feel superior to someone.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: January 12, 2012, 11:00:31 pm »

Because OMG THERE'S SOMETHING VISIBLY DIFFERENT ABOUT YOU HOW DARE YOU NOT BE EXACTLY WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS

Seriously, if some hair products are contaminating the pool, ban said hair products from entering it. If the sign said "no weird chemical stuff that will wash off in the pool" then no one would be complaining. But no, you have to go and arbitrarily ban an entire group of people. Smaaaaart.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: January 12, 2012, 11:59:21 pm »

It sounds like the hair products thing was just a pretext to be racist.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: January 13, 2012, 12:10:42 am »

It sounds like the hair products thing was just a pretext to be racist.

Yup

http://news.yahoo.com/homeless-teen-could-win-100-000-science-prize-005928619--abc-news.html

3.9 GPA studies Italian and should be a god damn marine biologist... homeless teen. But, hey, we're doin' fine.... The banks made a shitload of profits right...? The "poor are lazy...." They deserve to be homeless.... :( Let's see, political assassinations are gonna become fine, plus a whole lot of completely screwed over but innocent people:   this never happened before in history did it? [facepalm]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: January 13, 2012, 12:12:27 am »

Do you want to know something disturbing?

The goverments of Europe are bailing out banks by giving them loans at 1%. These same banks are then using that money to buy goverment bonds at 3% interest.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:55 am »

The goverments of Europe are bailing out banks by giving them loans at 1%. These same banks are then using that money to buy goverment bonds at 3% interest.
Well, it's nice to know we're our government is not the only ones doing that.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: January 13, 2012, 12:16:35 am »

Well, it's nice to know we're not the only ones doing that.

And there are people saying this is sound monetary policy....  ::)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:40 am »

Maybe they should give the banks their spines too, because they're clearly not using them.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: January 13, 2012, 12:58:22 am »

Looking at it, I'm not even entirely sure how it works, really. That'd look like the banks're somehow trying to produce 2% interest out of literally thin air. Why would the government give them money anyway if they're going to just give it right back? The mind, it boggles.

Seriously, though, I'd probably be slapping those asses with a "Yeah, no. Give the money back, arseholes," if I were in that position. That's hilariously bad faith on the part of the banks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #9820 on: January 13, 2012, 01:16:57 am »

Looking at it, I'm not even entirely sure how it works, really. That'd look like the banks're somehow trying to produce 2% interest out of literally thin air. Why would the government give them money anyway if they're going to just give it right back? The mind, it boggles.

Seriously, though, I'd probably be slapping those asses with a "Yeah, no. Give the money back, arseholes," if I were in that position. That's hilariously bad faith on the part of the banks.

Ah... The US is doing nearly the same thing. Giving out 0 interest loans and then borrowing money from the banks at ~3%, so they can pay for those 0% interest loans. Its a pure money factory.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: January 13, 2012, 01:28:18 am »

Dunno why they don't just hand them money.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: January 13, 2012, 01:33:11 am »

Because that'd avoid inflation, I guess. Gotta' drop the value of the dollar somehow ::)

Mostly I'm just wondering why the banks are being allowed to do that. I mean, I don't even have enough economics knowledge to fill much more than a small thimble, but even I can see that's pants-on-head idiocy. Th'gov's just... giving them a free-ride loan? No clauses, no 'thou shalt not do stupid shit with this' on it?

Damnit, people in power, Frumple does not want to see actual heads rolling in his lifetime. Why are you pushing for it!?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: January 13, 2012, 01:50:12 am »

Actually, in Europe, we got a wonderful clause in the Lisbon treaty (it was in the Maastrich one before that) that forbid Central Banks to lend directly to the states. So the only way to finance our debts is to borrow from the banks, and we need to make sure they can lend us.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9824 on: January 13, 2012, 04:12:25 am »

one thing i never understand: why can't states be considered as "persons" in an economic market?

i mean, they invest in it, they sell actions, or bonds, or whatever.

But they can't fail, which is why there's a lot of problems going on.

so why must a state enter the market? i mean. Wouldn't TAX be the only "cut" needed? why do they also need other stuff, like investing, borrowing money from banks and so on?

more than why the banks are allowed, why are states not treated as persons, who should friggin learn how to save money?

it's possible to end a year without being in debt. It's completely and utterly possible. It has already been done in the past too.

so why not start from there and start saving up money?

just cut off politics, chop down salaries of high-level state affairs, remove one or two zero's from politicians retirement funds.

“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 852