Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 856804 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #11940 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:27 pm »

I was talking about how I've never, in person, heard the Romani people referred to in a non-stereotypical manner. That's it. Nothing about the word "gypsy" being used in any other manner, or to refer to travelers, or whatever. Please at least think about how you're interpreting what other people say before you respond.
So what you are saying is that because the Romani people use the word to refer to themselves, when ever anybody uses the word gypsy, it must be referring to the Romani people?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: February 21, 2012, 11:14:58 pm »

My back really fucking hurts, as in I was on the toilet and after the minute of trying to get up without hurting myself I looked down at my pants and thought "Oh fuck, what now."

.... What?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: February 21, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

My back really fucking hurts, as in I was on the toilet and after the minute of trying to get up without hurting myself I looked down at my pants and thought "Oh fuck, what now."

.... What?

I was talking about how I've never, in person, heard the Romani people referred to in a non-stereotypical manner. That's it. Nothing about the word "gypsy" being used in any other manner, or to refer to travelers, or whatever. Please at least think about how you're interpreting what other people say before you respond.
So what you are saying is that because the Romani people use the word to refer to themselves, when ever anybody uses the word gypsy, it must be referring to the Romani people?

No. That is not what that post says. Please stop saying that I am saying things I am not saying. That post does not say that. It says that when I have heard people refer to the Romani people in real life, it has been in a stereotypical/pejorative manner. That is all. Please stop reading anything else into it. You are not accomplishing anything by repeatedly putting words into my mouth and misreading the things I say. Please just step away from the computer for a while if you're incapable of this.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11943 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »

.... What?

The funny thing is that this thread is no longer has "rage" in the title, no reason to get it confused with the other thread.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11944 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:24 pm »

. . . What thread do you think this is?  Is the "Progressive" getting hidden behind all the Chillax and Irranoy?

You need to come back to this thread when you've gotten acceptable reading comprehension.  I'm saying this as someone who can recognize that you've gone into your mafia mode and you aren't fucking reading anymore.

Stop tunneling him, stop projecting, stop arguing zero-sum-games, and don't argue unless you're trying to help both of you win.  I'm sick of this argument, and I'm sick of the constant escalation on what should have been a two-minute affair.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: February 21, 2012, 11:18:49 pm »

The funny thing is that this thread is no longer has "rage" in the title, no reason to get it confused with the other thread.

The weird thing is, this has been true for a while, yet I've still seen it happen at least a few times since the name change. I have absolutely no idea how this is possible. Maybe this says something about the quality of posting in the actual rage thread, or the care that goes into it.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: February 21, 2012, 11:19:53 pm »

Whoops, now I feel like teh stupid. It won't happen again,I promise.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: February 21, 2012, 11:22:49 pm »

You need to come back to this thread when you've gotten acceptable reading comprehension.  I'm saying this as someone who can recognize that you've gone into your mafia mode and you aren't fucking reading anymore.

Stop tunneling him, stop projecting, stop arguing zero-sum-games, and don't argue unless you're trying to help both of you win.  I'm sick of this argument, and I'm sick of the constant escalation on what should have been a two-minute affair.

No I am reading, but he isn't being very consistent here.
First he says he has never heard it used it in a non-offensive way off the internet, then he takes that back and says I am putting words in his mouth when I try to confirm for sure that he has never heard it used in a non-offensive way off the internet. There is no logic to be found in his argument, just contradiction.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: February 21, 2012, 11:23:46 pm »

So, how many people have said to drop this issue, and yet there is still talking about it? ???
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: February 21, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »

First he says he has never used it in a non-offensive way off the internet

No, I didn't. I never said anything regarding my own usage of the term.

then he takes that back and says I am putting words in his mouth when I try to confirm for sure that he has never heard it used in a non-offensive way off the internet

I didn't say that either. I wasn't even talking about any particular word in that post, I was talking about people referring to the Romani people, irrespective of what word they used or what else they might use those words for.

It's clear you're overtired or something and it's impairing your ability to follow the discussion, so I suggest you go to bed, do something else, or otherwise recuperate.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:03 pm »

So, how many people have said to drop this issue, and yet there is still talking about it? ???
I think I've counted four or five... in this thread. More if you count G himself, but that seems insincere considering it was multiple reply posts back. More in the Farewell Vec thread.

But yeah, there's PMs for this personal disagreement of circular nature kind of thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: February 22, 2012, 01:07:30 am »

Wow... Words can not fathom.
Surprised you ran out of them
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 852