Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65086 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2011, 01:13:59 pm »

It was, given my poor time management. Working under pressure is HARD.
Just do what I do go with you first instinct.
Yeah, but I rather not turn over and die in this game in the frist few turns, I plan on living longer then that, thank you.
Let me poitn out who survived longer in F@W, and the fact that I am in no immediate danger unlike you due to the vast that a sea sepearates me, and you guys. Plus I don't intend on pissing anyone off by using your form of diplomacy (You had it coming)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2011, 01:17:52 pm »

You do know that you position was no better, what with a thousand death threats from other players at your door. The only reason you lived that long was because Sheb felt a little sorry for you. Also, given that you produce only half of what every other player makes a turn (including me), you may not live much longer.

Edit: I would also like to point out how bad your chances of colonization are at the moment. You settled next to a bunch of Mountains, Forests, and Tundra. Which all have bad chances of colonization success. So, you basically have crippled yourself in the long run.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:20:54 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2011, 01:21:07 pm »

You do know that you posistion was no better, what with a thousand death threats from other players at your door. The only reason you lived that long was because Sheb felt a little sorry for you. Also, given that you produce only half of what every other player makes a turn (including me), you may not live much longer.
I would like to see you beat me really just try we will see who wins.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2011, 01:24:44 pm »

I have better Military Tech research, Better soldiers, Better Command Stucture, Better military management, and I have higher income then you. I am also a good enough military commander, having won more then a few wars in other games.

Yes, I would like to see the outcome.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

Income: Yes, Soldiers: If you upgrade them. Everything else: Nope.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2011, 01:27:18 pm »

I have better Military Tech research, Better soldiers, Better Command Stucture, Better military management, and I have higher income then you. I am also a good enough military commander, having won more then a few wars in other games.

Yes, I would like to see the outcome.
Sounds like fun shall we declare a war then?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2011, 01:29:29 pm »

Only get in a war if you plan on winning, and winning soon, Adwarf.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2011, 01:30:52 pm »

Only get in a war if you plan on winning, and winning soon, Adwarf.
I plan to win, but I cna't assure you that it will be quick since I will have to close the distance between me,a dn him by crossing the sea which will make moving an army challenging but I plan on winning. (When you enter a war both sides plan on winning it just depends on which is more determined to win)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2011, 01:31:17 pm »

I have made an army with a commander, have you forgotten? Also, adwarf gave his entire military to Sheb in F@W. You call that good military management? Even I am not that stupid, however, close Sheb may have been with him. Hell, I saw that when he gave it away, another country could've killed him in two turns.

Also, how do you know anything about my ability to command armies and work toward a military goal? I have never taken part in a *real* war. Most of those were crube-stomps from vastly superior nations. I have proven to much better in command when I have a fighting chance.

And I am upgrading my Weapon tech at the moment, so I should have better weapons soon.

Edit: I also have more provinces then you. Compared to Adwarfs one and only province, I could kill him in a single battle if I focused on making enough Sea Transports and Roman Miltia.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:34:17 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2011, 01:32:50 pm »

At this point, he just needs a navy and he can steamroll Fniff AND JF in a couple of turns.

@JF: They won't be ready in a reasonable timeframe, I've shown that you'll need a signifigantly more investment at your current manufacturing level.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 18, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »

Yes I did but I planned ahead any neighboring countries would have less to gain from attacking me than they would if they maintained a trade route with me, and benefited from my friendship, and trade income. Also even with better weapons it won't matter if you don't take notice of your surroundings, and the fact that you are much more vulnerable than me since you have to worry about attacks from me, and your neighboring countries where as I have a nice bit of space to prepare before an attack compared to you.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:38:56 pm by adwarf »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 18, 2011, 01:36:50 pm »

Dear lord man, Numbers don't matter that much. If he has nine unlead milita he lands on the enemies shores to attack (Which provides a major disadvantage to attackers), I would only need around half his numbers in Roman milita and a good commander to steam-roll adwarf.

EDIT: ENGRISH IS BAD FOR YOU.

Edit2: Also, that plan is impossible. You can never make a trade-pack that someone cannot make more out of then if they conquered you.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:39:39 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2011, 01:38:57 pm »

I have made an army with a commander, have you forgotten? Also, adwarf gave his entire military to Sheb in F@W. You call that good military management?

Actually yes. Sheb was the most powerful player in that game, he could have crushed any player but (that one guy to the north who’s name I forget) easily. By that action Adwaf permanently made himself a subservient non threat to Sheb. Although he would never gain great power status on his own, he was at that time perhaps the third most difficult player to kill.

Also, how do you know anything about my ability to command armies and work toward a military goal? I have never taken part in a *real* war. Most of those were crube-stomps from vastly superior nations. I have proven to much better in command when I have a fighting chance.

Sun Tzu once said that first you win, then you fight. You were and almost certainly still are a horrible commander for even being in that position in the first place.

And I am upgrading my Weapon tech at the moment, so I should have better weapons soon.

Still relying on power you don’t have to threaten people huh?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »

I may seem weak, but I am quite good at working my way into an alliance that makes it quite difficult to kill me, or an agreement the greatly benefits me. Unlike you my diplomacy actually works, adn doesn't consist of throwing a rocks at tanks.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2011, 01:49:38 pm »

@JF: I said at this point. He could take your capital due to it being undefended.

@Cript: Not true. If someone was to attack sheb on his shores like roberts, they'd gain a lot of provinces and money due to the lack of a defencive force.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70