Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65085 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »

I have made an army with a commander, have you forgotten? Also, adwarf gave his entire military to Sheb in F@W. You call that good military management?
Actually yes. Sheb was the most powerful player in that game, he could have crushed any player but (that one guy to the north who’s name I forget) easily. By that action Adwaf permanently made himself a subservient non threat to Sheb. Although he would never gain great power status on his own, he was at that time perhaps the third most difficult player to kill.
But still, giving away your military to the person you made an alliance two turns ago is, in fact, bad military management. Sheb, if he wanted, could of disbanded or sent them on a mission where they would surely die, and Adwarf would have been defenceless to his attack. Also, I do not believe Sheb was the most powerful player, because he joined only a short while ago and had a tiny bit of land to himself, compared to the others. I really do not think someone could've gained so much power in such a short time, which leads me to my next point.

Also, how do you know anything about my ability to command armies and work toward a military goal? I have never taken part in a *real* war. Most of those were crube-stomps from vastly superior nations. I have proven to much better in command when I have a fighting chance.

Sun Tzu once said that first you win, then you fight. You were and almost certainly still are a horrible commander for even being in that position in the first place.
So your saying that I would've been a good commander in the game if I had not joined the game? Because I got into the position by joining the game in the first place.

And even then, it was diplomacy that got be crube-stomped by powerful players, not bad military skill. How could a minor player with a single province possible defended itself againist a vastly superior nation?

I may seem weak, but I am quite good at working my way into an alliance that makes it quite difficult to kill me, or an agreement the greatly benefits me. Unlike you my diplomacy actually works, adn doesn't consist of throwing a rocks at tanks.
Ahem, more like you squealed at Sheb to help you and he felt merciful. I say again, half the players in the game wanted to kill you. I even renember back with my Alliance in early game during the "Kill you or not" problem that someone said we should wait till later to kill you. Just that one instance in one game does not make you a diplomatic genius. Hell, you just had to kneel down and kiss Shebs ass for that Alliance.

Edit: I would also like to point out that there were a lot more people who wanted me to live. I renember at least 3 people who tried or wanted to save me (Sheb not being part of that list).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 01:54:06 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2011, 01:55:44 pm »

They only wanted to save you if you had just shut up with it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 18, 2011, 02:02:16 pm »

I may seem weak, but I am quite good at working my way into an alliance that makes it quite difficult to kill me, or an agreement the greatly benefits me. Unlike you my diplomacy actually works, adn doesn't consist of throwing a rocks at tanks.
Ahem, more like you squealed at Sheb to help you and he felt merciful. I say again, half the players in the game wanted to kill you. I even renember back with my Alliance in early game during the "Kill you or not" problem that someone said we should wait till later to kill you. Just that one instance in one game does not make you a diplomatic genius. Hell, you just had to kneel down and kiss Shebs ass for that Alliance.

Edit: I would also like to point out that there were a lot more people who wanted me to live. I renember at least 3 people who tried or wanted to save me (Sheb not being part of that list).
[/quote]
If i remember correctly which I do Sheb offered me Vassalage I didn't go squealing to him for help, and in no way was I kissing Sheb's ass i was making something called a SMART diplomatic decision. Which if I remember correctly you made one, but lost it by being a jackass, and freaking out over a misunderstanding.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 18, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

God damn double post.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:12:51 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 18, 2011, 02:09:14 pm »

But still, giving away your military to the person you made an alliance two turns ago is, in fact, bad military management. Sheb, if he wanted, could of disbanded or sent them on a mission where they would surely die, and Adwarf would have been defenceless to his attack.

Like you said, he had no other choice. Yes he was a sucker in the early game, but that alliance with Sheb was the smartest thing he had ever done.

Also, I do not believe Sheb was the most powerful player

Lets see. He had the highest income. He led the most powerful fraction in the game. And his army was or was close to the most powerful. How was he the not the most powerful again?

because he joined only a short while ago and had a tiny bit of land to himself

Really? How I remembered it you guys joined on like turn three, you a huge starting money bonus and for many of us the first two turns had very little advancement as we tested the rules and took the first couple of steeps. Honestly I would have rather started in turn two then turn one. His lands were huge and gave him the highest income in the game.

So your saying that I would've been a good commander in the game if I had not joined the game? Because I got into the position by joining the game in the first place.

You got there via belligerence and arrogance.

And even then, it was diplomacy that got be crube-stomped by powerful players, not bad military skill.

Like I just said with that quote. They are one and the same.

How could a minor player with a single province possible defended itself againist a vastly superior nation?

That is just a lie. Your army, if you had been paying attention to it, was quite a match for mine. If you had turtled up and invested in defenses there is no way I would have attacked you. Also, a single province? It is to laugh. You had about the same amount of land as me.

I count two:

1: Someone spent minor pocket change to help defend you. What he paid was not even enough to stop my advance for one turn.

2: Phantom promised gave you a province that was literally worthless to him if you gave up the war and surrendered.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:11:48 pm by Criptfeind »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 18, 2011, 02:18:15 pm »

You know Cript, I am not going to argue with you anymore.

Not because I cannot provide counter-arguments, defintely not that, but because your an asshole, and I have better things to do then talk with someone whos life purpose to be a douche.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2011, 02:25:55 pm »

Not because I cannot provide counter-arguments, defintely not that, but because your an asshole, and I have better things to do then talk with someone whos life purpose to be a douche.

I would like to ask the players to show a tiny amount of respect for each other, just enough so that this thread doesn't evolve into people calling each other offensive names, forcing me to lock this thread (Or causing it to be deleted/removed).

Can we at least do that?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »

Is the topic taboo as well, or can we keep talking about it?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 18, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

As long as you converse on this topic like reasonable adults, and not throwing insults and names at each other like children.

In other words, it's not taboo. For how long is anyone's guess.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 18, 2011, 02:52:39 pm »

Not because I cannot provide counter-arguments

John, I don't lie to you. Why do you lie to me?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 18, 2011, 04:34:55 pm »

I wasn't lieing.

I could seriously make this go on much longer by countering your arguments, but I will not, because, to put it bluntly, you are an Asshole.

Now Stop.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 18, 2011, 04:40:32 pm »

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 18, 2011, 05:25:14 pm »

Forum games are serious buisness.

Apparently.

John, I am honestly wondering your definition of ass hole.

I am not trying to make you feel bad. I am not trying to put you down. I am merely trying to correct what I see as erroneous statements on your part. Can you really point to any part of my posts where I am being a ass hole to you?

Or rather, can you point to a part of my posts where I am doing things you have not done that makes me a ass hole?

For as I see it, we are doing the exact same thing. Arguing our thoughts on the matter.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 18, 2011, 08:44:34 pm »

The great nation of Canuckia will suppress all of you with the power of FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE.
Or get eaten by someone with little to no resistance. Realy, it could go either way at this point.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »

The great nation of Canuckia will suppress all of you with the power of FRIENDSHIP AND LOVE.
Or get eaten by someone with little to no resistance. Realy, it could go either way at this point.
Yes! We can all solve our problems with Peace! But just like the real world that never really works.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70