Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Roll to be a Merc: Turn 1 (Waiting list open) It begins with the giving of bases  (Read 6095 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Merc: Turn 0 [Soon] ( Full! Waiting list open )
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 02:29:14 pm »

sure thing.
but I'm going to bed soon  :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2011, 02:39:18 pm »

sure thing.
but I'm going to bed soon  :-\
Don't worry the first turn will take a bit since I have alot of stuff to roll for your bases, and for your cities.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2011, 02:42:18 pm »

ok then, I'll probably see ya guys 2morrow.
bye!
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2011, 02:44:42 pm »

Cya later, and I have the new mechanics up guys they are Support, and Notoriety so read up they will effect you so you need to know what they do.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »

[ Fre's Fighters ]
When you arrive in Rivet at your new base the first thing you see is [2] a low stone wall with a wooden gate. From what you see even though the wall is low someone would need a ladder to climb over, so adding some security there would be a really good idea. Next as you walk through the gate you see [2] a large rundown mansion the windows were mostly broken, and the door was about to fall off its hinges, but it would make a good base, and with some money thrown into it might become a really good stronghold. Next as you walked inside you saw [1] ten rooms each was void of furniture except the living room which had a shabby couch, and a broken recliner. Checking out the hallway [6] you notice a that the back walls wallpaper had a rip in the shape of a square about the height of a man, and the width of three. Walking up to it [8] you realize that if you push on a one of the molding pieces on the ceilings molding it slides open revealing a stairways down into the secret basement. You decided to come back later, and went up stairs. [4] The rest of the mansion seemed to be in good shape, and even had beds, tables, chairs, and couches. It would make a fine base, and your supplies were outside hidden in your truck, so now what are you going to do ?

[ Red Dot Mercs ]
When you arrive in Haven at your new base the first thing you see is [4] a high stone wall with a iron gate. It was a well defended position, and would prove useful if anyone attacked you here. After that you went through the gate you look at [2] the large rundown mansion, and it seemed the windows were mostly broken, and the door was about to fall off its hinges, but it would make a good base, and with some money thrown into it might become a really good stronghold. Next you walke inside, adn examined the first floor of it [5] a well furnished set of rooms, and it seemed that it was also well kept, adn very little damage shown. Checking out the hallway [3] you see a wooden hatch at the back of the hallway, and when you open it up [6] you see a dirt wall after a flight of stairs, as if they hadn't finished the cellar, but as you are about to leave you notice a small piece of dirt has a very unnoticable square shaped crack around it, and as you go over to it, and pus it slightly the dirt wall slids open, and reveals [1] a completely empty armory. That would be a great day to store stuff later you thought as you headed upstairs to check the rest. [3] The rest of the mansion seemed like an average house with beds, chairs, tables, and things like that. Now what do you do ?

[ A.I.M. ]
When you arrive in Renard at your new base the first thing you see is [4] a high stone wall with a iron gate. It was a well defended position, and would prove useful if anyone attacked you here. After that you went through the gate you look at [2] the large rundown mansion, and it seemed the windows were mostly broken, and the door was about to fall off its hinges, but it would make a good base, and with some money thrown into it might become a really good stronghold. Next you walke inside, adn examined the first floor of it [5] a well furnished set of rooms, and it seemed that it was also well kept, adn very little damage shown. [3] The rest of the mansion seemed like an average house with beds, chairs, tables, and things like that. When you reached the top floor you noticed [4] two hidden doors one led to [4] a tower that over looked your lands, adn the other lead to [4] a hidden room about the size of 1/4 the mansions floor. Checking it out the room is filled with [1] a bunch of old computers, several larges screens displayign Pristannia, and a massive tower with about seven terabytes of RAM. This would be a great place to plan operations from you thought. Now what do you do ?

[ Wolfkin Warriors ]
When you arrive at your base you see [6] a several rectangles in several trees that are a little bigger than humans, and as you go over, adn tap on one it pops open, and you see [3] a small man hanging off of a ladder. He is pointing a [2] 'Raptor' at your head, and says " Why are you here this is Wolfkin Warriors Territory? "

[ S.O.C. ]
When you arrive at your base it seems to be hidden just outside of town, as all the free space that might have been good for a merc company base was already bought. Looking around you notice [2] a small tunnel blocked by a boulder, and as you approach [2] the boulder jumps forward , and a man holding a [4] BAR stands in front of you, and says " Welcome boss to our new base it isn't anything, but a bunch of tunnels, and large dug out rooms, but if we put some money in to it this place will be amazing. By the way they call me Mole, and my speciality is infiltration, and suppresion. Now come on boss take a seat inside, adn I will move the gear in. " you do as he says, because he shows you a slip of paper from the man who sold you the base.

[ Weird Co. ]
When you arrive in Hizuma, and look at your base looking around you notice that [4] your base is an abandoned mine hidden by a small shed with a secret door in the back. You only know this, because the man  who sold you the base told you, and he said someone will be there he will be an ally, and one of your men, so there is no need to look around, and indeed you see a [5] young man with a scared face, and a [4] M24 slung across his back, and a [4] Desert Eagle strapped to his waist. He looks up, adn says " Hi boss they call me Ghost, and my Specialties are Stealth, Assaination, and Sniping. There ain't much here, but it will do now lets go get that gear, and move it in here.

Spoiler: Wolfkin Warriors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: S.O.C. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weird Co. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fre's Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Red Dot Mercs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A.I.M. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:27:19 am by adwarf »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2011, 05:01:14 pm »

Er, I think mine might be a bit off...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2011, 05:20:00 pm »

Woops wrong city sorry.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2011, 05:21:42 pm »

And it may've been a copy and paste job...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »

And it may've been a copy and paste job...

Yep you got the same rolls, and several background rolls though I messed up the city so there are still a few changes to be finished, but its very near what TolyK got. Though the city change will add something to it, and remove your basement.

EDIT: Ok Taricus fixed, adn it seems this time you got something much better than the armory.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:27:23 pm by adwarf »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 05:36:14 pm »

Brian nodded. "Let's move that boulder and get the vehicle indoors. A room close to the front can serve as the garage." Once that was accomplished, he took a seat on the tailgate and sorted through what he had brought with him, electing to grab the shotgun and its ammo, as well as a vest, the pistol + ammo, and the knife. "Mole, is it? I'm Wall, your new boss. First thing's first, can you give the rundown of Haven? Any other mercs in town, jobs that need doing?" he asked as he passed the man an AK with 200 rounds and a bullet-proof vest of his own.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 05:55:58 pm »

Look for some good paying work. Get everything stashed up and inside as well.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:17:51 pm by Taricus »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2011, 07:46:16 pm »

If anyone is wondering why some people got mercs, and others didn't that is, because their bases give them a disadvantage of some sorts, such as woflchild's inability to have helicopters launch from his main base.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2011, 07:54:50 pm »

Hmm, wonder what mine is. It seems pretty good to me since it's dug in and mostly small corridors so I can set traps, bottleneck enemy forces, etc... although I guess I can't have helicopters inside my base either.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2011, 08:02:30 pm »

Move a majority of supplies into the basement, holding onto an AK and 2 clips for it, along with a bulletproof vest.  These I will equip, then drive into town, looking for recruits.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2011, 08:09:45 pm »

Hmm, wonder what mine is. It seems pretty good to me since it's dug in and mostly small corridors so I can set traps, bottleneck enemy forces, etc... although I guess I can't have helicopters inside my base either.

The tunnels are big enough for you to pull them inside with a car, but to be able to launch them from inside your base you are going to need an engineer, mechanic, and about $100,000. After a couple of turns I will put up your base details, and you can begin upgrading them then, and don't worry you won't get attacked unless you get a faction really pissed off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5