Advanced search  

Poll

Did you find HFS without being spoiled?

Yes
No
I'm a pansy elf who only builds forts above ground
I burn said elfs

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How many of your found out about that fun place by stumbling upon it?  (Read 2256 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quite simple, I don't think many people here found out about that wonderful place you all know i'm talking about, filled with happyness and joy without looking it up first.

This thread was done back in 40D and nearly nobody found it without looking it up, so without further ado, LET THE POLL BEGIN
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sir Leonard III

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What? The circus? Curious structures?
Hush little baby, listen to my song,
Mamma's gonna tan you a troll leather thong.
And if that thong don't menace with spikes,
Mamma's gonna kill you whatever you like...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spot on good sir
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spot on good sir
That wasn't a yes/no question. I assume you meant either. I haven't, though i've tried to keep spoilers to a minimum.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I mean HFS, the bottom, through the candy spire. We all clear?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I did by accident.  Caverns too.  I wiki'd as soon as I discovered them, and promptly suffered massive fortress death, from ogres and demons, respectively.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile

I discovered it on my own.
First a "structure", which I promptly looked up on the wiki...after already losing half my fort to the things within.
I already knew about cotton candy, but I didn't know about the circus until I was well into a series of construction projects surrounding the cotton candy. It...it didn't go well.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

futility

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think a lot of people get it spoiled from watching the captainduck videos.  It did for me.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I watched half of two episodes of CptnDuck, enough to figure stockpiles, workshops, and beds.  After that it was mostly bashing my head against the fortress wall, until I achieved the state all players achieved.  My blood smeared against the stone, my skull finally cracked, and the tight gray matter spilled onto the rough-hewn cavern floor.  It seeped, it absorbed, it became the mountain.  I am the fort.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile

The Adventures of SpiralDimentia and Clowns is easily the best "What the heck are 'spoilers'" thread in existence:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80043.0
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found it by accident!
Although I did have an idea there was something bad down there, but I didn't know exactly what[/i].
I thought the CAVERNS were bad! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile

I got really frustrated that there was some massive, hilarious in-joke that "everyone" knew but me. So after reading whatever magical code-word was three times, I went and looked it up. So yeah, the spoiler tags made me go de-spoiler myself.

Besides, the wiki lists adamantine openly. It's almost guaranteed that if you do any reading whatsoever you're going to stumble over the entries for hell before you actually get there.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile

I looked at the spoilered text on the tvtropes page. Still haven't actually busted in, but I'm currently waiting for a second turn in a community fort where we plan to do just that.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, albeit back in my 40d days, and more than once or twice after that.  DF 0.31 was spoiled by curiosity.

Incidentally, I never found an underground river, ever, no matter how hard I looked.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.
Pages: [1] 2 3