Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183291 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #885 on: December 21, 2011, 11:16:26 am »

So, how do you split up a stack of something?

3 daedric lutefisk cubes isn't that useful.

Might as well leave it that way. They're worth 0, so selling the spares won't get you any cash.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 21, 2011, 11:23:55 am »

So, how do you split up a stack of something?

3 daedric lutefisk cubes isn't that useful.

Might as well leave it that way. They're worth 0, so selling the spares won't get you any cash.

You could always turn them in to lutefisk ...

*sniggers*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 21, 2011, 11:30:56 am »

So what does lutefisk actually do?

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 21, 2011, 11:32:49 am »

It pleases the Lutefisk God. Does it need to do anything more?  Also, it helps me throwing things away without feeling too bad about it by lutefisking them.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 21, 2011, 11:39:37 am »

It pleases the Lutefisk God. Does it need to do anything more?  Also, it helps me throwing things away without feeling too bad about it by lutefisking them.

wait, how do you lutefisk things? did they go over that in the tutorial? because i just sort of jumped into the game and seem to be lacking the key skills of "knowing how to play a mage" and how to lutefisk things

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 21, 2011, 11:49:22 am »

Put object in lutefisk cube.
Lutefisked.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:11 am »

Quote from: Rhodan
No, I mean why would they release separate patches if everyone can just use the Steam version?
Because everyone can NOT use the Steam version. And that's not even counting the ones who can but don't like steam nonetheless (for the record, I don't like Steam, but since I can't use it either the point is moot)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 21, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

Browsing their blog a little they did indeed promise to update the HiB version, but since this requires being hand-built and uploaded it's a mighty fine service for the very few people that can't/won't use Steam. Give them some time, they haven't mentioned a release date for the HiB update itself so they might be waiting for the next series of bugfixes. According to their replies in the comment section they haven't even thought of how to handle the DLC for the HiB version, since they didn't expect anyone to stick with the standalone build.

I suppose it's a bit unfortunate that they released a version outside the main platform they decided to release on, it makes proper support much harder. :/

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 21, 2011, 12:29:54 pm »

How do I use "That Belongs in a museum", Is any item a artifact or is it something that is rare?

Basically it needs to have a random enhancement beyond the base item.

If it has a name, or the description says something like "It is studded with rancid Elerium-115" then it's an artifact and can be cashed in for exp.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 21, 2011, 12:32:51 pm »

One thing to watch out for with "It Belongs in a museum". Some items that don't have their name changed despite being artifacts seem to be valueless to the skill and are wasted, where you'd be better off selling them. I had an artifact gem encrusted crossbow poof into nothing.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 21, 2011, 01:04:58 pm »

Fungal arts sounds like a pretty good skill for a mage. A lot of the shrooms I've seen so far are pretty useful. A couple support-shrooms could be really useful for a mage in a sticky situation.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 21, 2011, 01:10:40 pm »

I have a stack of like 40 lutefisk from the cube, and I'm having my most successful run yet by far. Coincidence? I think not. Can't wait to offer that stuff.

Found my first monster zoo, beat my first monster zoo. Maxed out two-handed because I got like two levels from the zoo and it seemed most useful to my frequently-surrounded character to have constant counterattacks. I have like 28 counterattack now, which I'm pretty sure means 28% but it might not be.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 21, 2011, 01:57:29 pm »

I'm beggining to get angry with indie game support as a whole. The guy from Atom Zombie Smasher repeatedly failed to address my requests for support in Ubuntu 11.10 (was not able to play the game again until I bailed out of Ubuntu into Debian). Now the guys at Dredmor are failing to deliver a patch for the HiB version for two weeks now. And they promised it would be out early this week. >:(

As I understand it, that particular support is done by 1 guy, who has been preparing and defending his university thesis. He posted on the gaslamp site to apologize and promise a fix in the next week or so. Take it for what you will.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 21, 2011, 02:45:50 pm »

As I understand it, that particular support is done by 1 guy, who has been preparing and defending his university thesis. He posted on the gaslamp site to apologize and promise a fix in the next week or so. Take it for what you will.

Yeah, you're not saying anything I did not comment already (I thought the thesis thing was methaphorical, though, and they were actually referring to this Realm of the Diggle gods thing). Problem is that post was *last* week, see (and thus the patch was supposed to come out "early this one"). It's the lack of news, as much as the delay, what's annoying me. As I said before, I think they are better-willed than other indie developers.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 21, 2011, 02:54:01 pm »

Steam currently has this on sale for like $1.75 with DLC.  This costs less than a coffee and is supported by a community I enjoy, so I splurged.

Currently on Linux, and Steam refuses to play (Cataclysm demands I be on for a little bit longer), so I'll check it out later today.  Any advice for a young Dwarfling cast into the dungeon?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 90