Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183280 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #870 on: December 21, 2011, 02:12:16 am »

Remember Your Charlemagne is... Kind of useless. It attempts to stun one or more enemys but rarely seems to stick or work as intended. The other skill, "This Translation is All Wrong!" will reroll an artifact's statistics. Meaning some added slashing damage for instance might become extra melee power, or something silly like sneakyness. It's a gamble, and it will slightly weaken the artifact too.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 21, 2011, 02:15:35 am »

I never saw the appeal of spending all those points in archaeology just so you can double-curse every item you have. Isn't it hard enough just cursing it all once?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 21, 2011, 02:16:50 am »

It has it's uses. From what I saw in my last and only game I got that skill in it seems highly ranked items are cursed far less than more mundane items. But returns on blessings diminish after about 3 of them.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 21, 2011, 02:23:39 am »

Edit: Also, is it, uh, possible to sell an item meant for a quest before you even get the quest?

No.
1) Quest items are spawned when you accept the quest.
2) Quest items have 0 value and can't be sold.

If you're wondering where the correct item is, there should be a crosshairs (I think?) on your minimap, if you've explored the area of the dungeon where it spawned.

This alchemy skill doesn't seem too great. Most of the useful items I could make with it (defense potions and such) seem to require quite a bunch of different stuff, and grog is useless to me. Is there any way to throw potions, though?

Alchemy is awesome, if you're playing a spellcaster, but requires severe inventory management. It also got nerfed lately, you used to be able to produce 1 high level (25+ turn regen) booze from a single apple or pear at level 2. Now, it takes four. Also, the transmutation skill now creates useless runes half the time (probably bug?). Anyhow, invisibility potions, virtually unlimited booze, healing and mana potions, powerful shields and staves, elemental resistance potions...Alchemy can be worth it.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:53 am »

Especially if you come into possession of a fruit staff, then those shortages won't be a problem anymore.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 21, 2011, 03:58:56 am »

I never saw the appeal of spending all those points in archaeology just so you can double-curse every item you have. Isn't it hard enough just cursing it all once?
Nah its pretty good.
Basically it rerolls a artifact, so if you get a item that has +20 sneakiness, you can try a few times until it gives like +20 damage, or +10 magic power+10 resistances, or something else that isn't totally useless, combined with the fact that you can enchant artifacts more, it can make your artifacts much better.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 21, 2011, 06:02:48 am »

I'm beggining to get angry with indie game support as a whole. The guy from Atom Zombie Smasher repeatedly failed to address my requests for support in Ubuntu 11.10 (was not able to play the game again until I bailed out of Ubuntu into Debian). Now the guys at Dredmor are failing to deliver a patch for the HiB version for two weeks now. And they promised it would be out early this week. >:(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 21, 2011, 09:28:12 am »

Why would they release separate patches for the HiB version?

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 21, 2011, 09:49:58 am »

How do I use "That Belongs in a museum", Is any item a artifact or is it something that is rare?
Thank you based dwarf.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 21, 2011, 09:51:55 am »

Beats me. You'll have to ask them for that one. The way I hear it they have to compile it separatedly for some reason.

My problem is not that they are releasing separate patches, but that we're not getting patched at all. We already got apologies for the delay the 17th of december. Ok, no problem. But it has been almost a week since then, and still no patch
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 21, 2011, 09:53:01 am »

So I bought this, based mostly on the positive buzz around here and the fact that it was cheaper than a can of Pringles. xD

Anything I should know before playing, or just dive in, die horribly dozens of times and learn as I go?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 21, 2011, 09:57:13 am »

So I bought this, based mostly on the positive buzz around here and the fact that it was cheaper than a can of Pringles. xD

Anything I should know before playing, or just dive in, die horribly dozens of times and learn as I go?
The in game tutorial is broken at the moment, so find a good tutorial series on Youtube. Always have permadeath and DLC enabled. Enable no time to grind once you think you've got a good feel for the game.

That's about it.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 21, 2011, 10:53:04 am »

Beats me. You'll have to ask them for that one. The way I hear it they have to compile it separatedly for some reason.

My problem is not that they are releasing separate patches, but that we're not getting patched at all. We already got apologies for the delay the 17th of december. Ok, no problem. But it has been almost a week since then, and still no patch

No, I mean why would they release separate patches if everyone can just use the Steam version?  The HiB version was standalone purely because it was a pre-release of the latest patch. (with the female character and stuff already available)
At least, that's the impression I got. I can't find any sources denying or confirming that the HiB version was supposed to remain standalone after the Steam version caught up.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:54:42 am by Rhodan »

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03:03 am »

So, how do you split up a stack of something?

3 daedric lutefisk cubes isn't that useful.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 21, 2011, 11:04:26 am »

Hold down alt and click on the stack.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 90