Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183389 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2011, 09:47:39 am »

Even more easymode than vamp is fungal arts. I'm about a third of the way through level 2 with my current character and have 150 night caps, 75 fairywodgers and 50 hoglanterns. It's hard to see how I could die via anything other than gross negligence... but I'm sure the game'll find a way.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2011, 09:51:09 am »

Even more easymode than vamp is fungal arts. I'm about a third of the way through level 2 with my current character and have 150 night caps, 75 fairywodgers and 50 hoglanterns. It's hard to see how I could die via anything other than gross negligence... but I'm sure the game'll find a way.
Fungal + Vamp = Awesome Mode?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2011, 10:10:25 am »

Can't say I do, but if I don't have the Burglary skill for infinite lockpicks, I usually just smash everything with reckless abandon. Lesser men might lament the loss of phat lewt, but I survey my destruction with pride. 'Cause I smashed it up good.

I honestly can't play without burglary. It's not the chests that bother me, it's the doors. If I kick open a door, I can't close it. Closing the door to a monster zoo is invaluable. Nearly every char I play can use some preperation time, if only placing some traps and making sure I'm full health.

You don't need to close doors if you have golemancy 3.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:03 am »

I'm one of those who find vampirism to make the game easy, I think the trick is to have enough defence stats to make those health points you drain from enemies count?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2011, 11:02:03 am »

Do those things give exp?

Yes! I can confirm that dreads do give experience. At the first dungeon level, they give 20 experience per kill. I locked the shopkeeper in his own shop while farming dreads as a blood/promethean mage. I'm carrying max star equipment on this char; I LOVE stealing :D
I am wondering how many dreads I have to kill before I'm free of them. I might have to grind them until I'm strong enough to take on the shopkeeper lol

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2011, 11:16:46 am »

Same for me... including the negligence part.
Blew myself up in a 1.03 fireball, 1hit from full hp. havn't started a new one since.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2011, 11:18:22 am »

Holy moly, thats some good collectin' there. The mushroom of choice for me was the one that turns you into a lifestealer ... If you are dealin' some significant damage you can use them to heal by actually finding a fight. Having never vamped it up, is this what a good vamp build can do?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2011, 11:37:35 am »

I just read "pet stupidity" as a legitimate issue on the GG blog, and realized I've never used a summon, at all. Is the Fire Wyrm type pet worth it?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2011, 11:42:29 am »

I just read "pet stupidity" as a legitimate issue on the GG blog, and realized I've never used a summon, at all. Is the Fire Wyrm type pet worth it?

It stays closer to you than the Mustache man, meaning it is more likely to be nearby and helpful without as much backtracking. At least that is the way it seems.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2011, 11:47:16 am »

Has anyone tried going Vamp and Fungal Arts to see if the Vamp mushroom stacks?

Also: PRAISE THE LUTEFISK! A patch came out and I can play my save game again! WOOT!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:57:00 am by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm going to win this game. :D

Edit: spoiler tags ftw

Edit Edit: Brax is dead!

Dreads still come though :(

Update! The only way to keep Dreads from spawning is by bloodying their spawn point, which means I have to cover all tiles in blood. That's what I call a megaproject! The experience is great though :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:56:28 pm by Shadowgandor »

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2011, 01:25:16 pm »

From the blog:

AdminDaniel Jacobsen says:
July 21, 2011 at 9:29 am

Paid DLC is *very* unlikely. It would need to be a very, very significant addition for us to consider it. We want to keep adding unpaid content to the game for quite a while, as it seems there are lots of people who will enjoy it =)
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2011, 01:31:25 pm »

Is going past unliving wall in golemancy worth it?
Invive Thaumite is a pretty reliable damage spell, but you have to be really careful of it. A few turns after an enemy (or anything affected by it really) dies the corpse spawns a new swarm of them, and it locks onto anything that walks into it's path including you. And it's strong enough to destroy you if you aren't careful. Points might be better invested in promethean magic if you have it.

The Mortal Machine summon is decent, pretty high attack power even for levels 6+. However, I noticed it isn't noticeably stronger than any other summon in defense, it'll only survive a few enemy fights before it dies, same as any other summon really. If all you want is a meatshield to soak hits, I say skip it. I haven't tried the Digging Ray spell myself, I suspect it isn't a must have skill like unliving wall is, but I can see it having some uses. It really depends on how the spell works, though.

TL;DR Thaumite is ok if you need damage, Machine is not worth investment by itself, Digging Ray I haven't tried but it could be nice.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »

So do dread collectors ever stop? Does changing levels make them stop spawning or what...?

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2011, 01:39:20 pm »

So do dread collectors ever stop? Does changing levels make them stop spawning or what...?
They don't stop. I tried to get to level 2 but got surrounded by an assload of them and got killed :( I ended up being level 8 on the first level lol
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 90