Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 48413 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #345 on: June 07, 2011, 12:06:54 am »

Can I ask why we're level 1? we were all good enough to be the special snowflakes for this ogre mage. Va, Ses, and Ooloth were guarding a powerful artifact together for example. The others were considered good enough to be gifts. I'm wondering if we could get some fluff up in here?
Hey, I am obviously just a low-level mook. NOW WAIT ONE MINUTE THERE MISTER

That brings up a good point, plus if we started off higher level then we wouldn't have to;

1. Do homebrewed monsters since I believe an illithid is what +7.. then +8 for abberation... :/ okay that would mean we start off level 15 which is crazy high... granted we could ignore all "abberation/monstrous humanoid"  levels then he's level 7 which would mean we start off at what level 8?  that's not too bad for a master spy, an illithid, third son of a gnoll chief,  two devils *one of which I had to google search and still barely came up with anything*, a dark knight, a teifling thief, and some.. brain worm thing.  Granted I may have spoken too soon seeing as choker's don't have any stats up for a PC.  Gnolls are plus 1 without levels monstrous humanoid.

Nevermind that.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 07, 2011, 12:08:48 am »

Chokers have 3 HD, if that's what you were trying to find.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 07, 2011, 12:09:08 am »

Refresh my memory: What's a 'falxugon'?

Its just the fiendish name of the harvester devils.

@Barbarossa
What exactly is your code of conduct according to the rulebooks? There is probably a rather large gray area in it like for paladins with the evil empire vs. lawfulness debate.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 07, 2011, 12:12:16 am »

Chokers have 3 HD, if that's what you were trying to find.

No... monsters that could be seen as PC's have "monster as character" stats and what have you, chokers don't, which is why my no homebrew arguement went south after I found out that only like me, the gnoll, and the tiefling didn't have to pull stats out of the air.

Oh and also the Illithid but seriously 15 levels before you can take a single class, that isn't abberation that is.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 07, 2011, 12:32:27 am »

@Barbarossa
What exactly is your code of conduct according to the rulebooks? There is probably a rather large gray area in it like for paladins with the evil empire vs. lawfulness debate.
HARD RULES:
Knight’s Code – A Knight desires to win due to skill, not trickery. He/she follows the following rule:
– You forgo the +2 bonus you receive when Flanking, though your ‘partner’ still receives the bonus.
– Never strike a Flat-Footed Opponent. Allow the opponent to become ready before attacking.
– Never do lethal damage to a Helpless Opponent. Nonlethal damage is acceptable.
Violating any of these rules causes you to loose a daily use of Knight’s Challenge. If they are all expended,
you receive a –2 penalty on attacks & saves for the rest of the day.
You do not require non-Knights to follow your Code (since if they were honorable, they would already be
following it).

FLUFF RULES:
Force of arms is vastly preferred to trickery. Hiding from combat is for cowards. Do not hide. Slay your foes that do. Do not suffer a knight of Heironeous to survive.

And so forth.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 07, 2011, 12:42:12 am »

But, your weapons include spiked gauntlets and spiked armor.. You don't fight with skill you basically just hug your opponent until they die, at least I have the common decency to lie about something before I stab them with a real weapon.  You just charge wildly like a barbarian, which knights only have a begrudging respect for if there really good fighters.  Not to mention being a knight prevents you from being ruthless, which you think a thing covered with spikes and tentacles would be, not some pomp saying "O'ello there better get your footings back all propers like, right you ready to duel my good man?  Alrighty." Then you proceed punch them and rub your body against them until they bleed to death.  Plus wouldn't pinning an opponent make them helpless thus preventing you from doing lethal damage, which is ALL your spikes can do?

I can see some benefits to being a knight, but some are pointless or get in the way.  Are you ever really going to fight horseback?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 07, 2011, 01:46:31 am »

I think you misunderstand my character. At no point did I say that I would wildly charge into battle and ruthlessly hug people to death like a barbarian. I can have plenty of ruth and still do just fine. A grappled opponent isn't helpless, it's grappled. If it's pinned, it can still attempt to fight you off. A helpless opponent is an opponent that cannot fight back in any way. As for my combat style, remember that any weapon can deal nonlethal damage with an attack roll penalty, even vorpal longswords and armor spikes.

Probably not horseback. Possibly velociraptor.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:36 am »

Great now we have to get a velociraptor!  Nothings easy in this campaign *kicks a can angrily*

So I'm assuming you were away when the paladins attacked, since there's no way you would have ran.

Edit-Actually it would make sense that we were all away and returned to find the place in ruins.. that way we wouldn't have to make a choice we'd have our starting zone. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:59:09 am by King_of_the_weasels »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 07, 2011, 02:05:35 am »

Chokers are dumb as rocks and Knights don't run, but they aren't suicidal. Any knight would still recognize that he can't even 'hold off' six tenth level paladins 'to buy time' at level one. They're far more useful to their cause alive.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2011, 02:08:59 am »

I'm just trying to figure something out.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2011, 08:37:45 am »

I was thinking of changing my class for purely fluff reasons. Illithids aren't really all that touchy feely, more blasty, floaty, grapple, then no save death kinda guys. Yeah if I can grapple an opponent, I can make further checks to kill it regardless. No saves, and I get a bonus to all my rolls afterwards. Thinking of just going after a regular telepath, after all, we already have two fighty types, but we don't appear to have any backline artillery.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2011, 08:42:08 am »

At the moment I'm only useful with my bow, seeing as I have very few if any damaging spells.  So I'm artillery I guess, unless you ment something more bombastic.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2011, 08:43:31 am »

WEll if I take Kineticist I can blast people to death in large chunks. I get other SLA's that are more illithidlike later on, but for now, I can't do much damage without picking a psionic class.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2011, 08:47:50 am »

I would assume psionics would be the way to go for a MINDflayer.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:10 am »

I would like to back up that notion. At later levels I can get some nice invocations but most of them are of the area denial or single target variety. If I invest more in my blast shapes I could do constantly a decent amount of damage but it pales in comparison to a wizard or sorcerer of the same level.
A nuker would definitely benefit us a lot more then an additional close combat fighter.

What would you prefer me to do? Shaping the battlefield or a wide variety of damage?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38