Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 48414 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #330 on: June 06, 2011, 05:37:10 pm »

Refresh my memory: What's a 'falxugon'?

Grek, you can make Bardic Knowledge checks early. Just roll with Invisible Castle and we'll see what you know.

Whoops, forgot to add you to the list, Atomic. Fixing it now.

And... wow, pretty much everything is talking about starting locations. My turn to blather!

If we start under a bridge, guards would be sent. Maybe we could act like a minor threat, kill the weak guards they inevitably send, and move on. If we start at a town, we could raid it at nights. As a group, we seem to be good at sneaking, so it wouldn't be to hard to deal with militia men. A town would also be a renewable resource, so to speak. A wizard's tower would be a high risk, high profit endeavor. Magic items, scrolls, wands, and gold would be found there, and if he's a weak wizard, we could deal with him. Otherwise, we could raid the tower and avoid him altogether, only fighting whatever guards he has there. They would be significantly weaker than the owner of the tower, at least. As for the cave, it would mostly just be full of exp on legs. Not too much gold or loot there, unless it's occupied. A graveyard would be pretty much just a source of bodies, so I don't think we'd have that much use for it until our necromancer can make undead, at which point we'd be able to supply our own dead people for him to turn into unholy abominations.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #331 on: June 06, 2011, 05:46:01 pm »

We could always start in a city and have a hideout in the oversized fantasy sewers.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

King has the answer! sewers is now my vote.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2011, 07:42:53 pm »

So here's what's up. My character is very good at physical things - sneaking, lifting, taking hits, et cetera. He is bad at thinking. He's wise, I suppose, but he's as likely as not going to end up insulting peoples' mothers instead of thanking them. I'm fairly certain that if he were trapped in a burlap sack, he could not think of a way out that does not involve excessive force. Now, on the other hand, he has a code of knighthood to think about. Sneaking around isn't really going to be that great for him. He can't even take advantage of flat-footedness or flanking.

+1 to all plans that involve making our own domain. -1 to scurrying around in sewers and bridges.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 06, 2011, 08:27:06 pm »

For me, I say take over a cave. My character is an idiot. He has an int score of 5. That's really dumb. So anything involving thinking is right out. A cave? Go in, beat up current occupants, don't worry about any repercussions because it's just "Hey, the monsters in the cave have changed!" "They're monsters. It doesn't matter."

Or King's answer. Because we can take the coppers from the plucky orphans killing rats for the innkeepers. And stop future PCs.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 06, 2011, 08:57:01 pm »

Can I ask why we're level 1? we were all good enough to be the special snowflakes for this ogre mage. Va, Ses, and Ooloth were guarding a powerful artifact together for example. The others were considered good enough to be gifts. I'm wondering if we could get some fluff up in here?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 06, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »

Hey, I am obviously just a low-level mook.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 06, 2011, 09:09:43 pm »

Does anyone think I should stay a monk? I've been reading up on them, and they're apparently not so hot.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 06, 2011, 09:46:06 pm »

You're an illithid, right? Psychic Warrior is pretty neat. Psionic Fist is a sweet prestige class for psionic monks that you may wish to look into.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:05 pm »

Monk is fine. Don't tru to power game. Just go with what you'll enjoy playing.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Monks are normally kinda rubbish, in that they're a class which, despite being oriented around beating people with your fists, does not get full BaB. I say normally, though, because you are in a unique position to exploit the advantages of the monk class (such as they are) by being a mind-flayer and thus making 5 attacks in a single round for 1d6+Int each.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 06, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »

So here's what's up. My character is very good at physical things - sneaking, lifting, taking hits, et cetera. He is bad at thinking. He's wise, I suppose, but he's as likely as not going to end up insulting peoples' mothers instead of thanking them. I'm fairly certain that if he were trapped in a burlap sack, he could not think of a way out that does not involve excessive force. Now, on the other hand, he has a code of knighthood to think about. Sneaking around isn't really going to be that great for him. He can't even take advantage of flat-footedness or flanking.

+1 to all plans that involve making our own domain. -1 to scurrying around in sewers and bridges.

Your level one so for all intensive purposes you were a squire with knighthood thrust upon him at the last second when the paladins came a knocking.  Plus your a F---ing choker, how is sneaking and hiding not what you are!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 06, 2011, 10:37:57 pm »

For all intents and purposes I still have to follow the Knight's Code or lose all my class abilities, so there's that.

You're a F---ing choker, how is sneaking and hiding not what you are!
Because I'm a knight, and knights like a fair fight. It's just as effective to choke them when they can see you as not, after all.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 06, 2011, 10:40:02 pm »

Seems like a weird class for an "evil" campaign.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 06, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »

Evil knights of Hextor are just as common as good knights of Heironeous. It's even in the Knight fluff.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 38