Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85563 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 8-Busted Up
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2011, 03:01:12 pm »

Eh, if it doesn't bend, you break it. Old saying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2011, 03:05:38 pm »

Maybe next time we find some third-rate bandit I'll sodomize him with his own limbs...
Just sayin', this seems to be the translation.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:01 pm »

^^

What about any sort of Mortal Kombat violence, like ripping off the Gourgaz's arms and slapping him around with them, or just ripping off the injured leg and kicking it in the head to death with its own foot?

I'm not the kind of GM to disallow things like that. The Gourgaz is BIG though. It'd be like ripping a tree trunk out of the ground. Which, technically, you could do. If you had high enough strength.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2011, 03:19:44 pm »

And I don't. :( Yet, anyway.

@IronyOwl: Is something wrong with that? :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2011, 09:38:16 pm »

Mending Moon quickly glances between the Gourgaz and Sheltering Leaves.  He knows he could get to Leaves in time to administer some small healing.  But the Gourgaz was almost down, another arrow could do the trick.  Patient, or problem?  He knows the answer, but the fact that this question had to be asked so soon in the journey troubles him.  With a look of grim determination, he runs forward to an open shot and notches an arrow to his bow.  "Fly swift and true, and save my friend" he whispers to the arrow.

Get a clear shot, then fire off one of the Sommlending arrows at the beast's wounded head.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 8-Busted up
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2011, 08:27:40 am »

Turn 9

Rolling intiative to determine who gets killing blow :P

(3,2) War Wind: Try and stab the bugger's back
(3,3) Lone Wanderer: Try to rip my glaive loose and aim for the arm with the chain
(7) Silent Fox: *whistles*
(7) Mending Moon: Get a clear shot, then fire off one of the Sommlending arrows at the beast's wounded head
(defending, auto last) Sheltering Leaves: He again crossed his arms over his face, body tensed for impact...

-----------------------------
War Wind
(Agility Flank Roll 2-2=0, pass)
(Str roll:7, miss!)

You rush in, zeroed in on the monster...you leap into the air, intending to bring it down on the base of neck to paralyze it, but it ducks your blow by arching it's reptilian neck away to headbutt your friend at the last second! You go flying a few feet in the opposite direction, about to connect with the ground...

Lone Wanderer
(Str pullout roll:4, pass/Gourgaz str resist roll, 1 pass, opposed Str Rolls Wanderer 7+1=5 Vs Gourgaz 3+6=9, Gourgaz wins! Effect 1d3=1, no pullout and damaged, 1d6=5)

Lone Wanderer plants his feet in the ground and attempts to disengage from the massive beast, who doesn't even seem to notice he's hanging on yet. For a moment, the Gourgaz looks surprised as his forward movement is impeded by this little insect! They engage in a brief, harrowing tug of war-Lone Wanderer muscles strain, and for a moment he makes the Gourgaz stumble to the side! But, he's at a disadvantage without clear footing. He is overpowered, and in a moment of minor tactical brilliance, the monster pulls Lone Wanderer toward him and headbutts him quite painfully while avoiding a blow from War Wind from behind. Lone Wanderer reels, but he steadfastly maintains his grip! Such obstinacy will surely be the death of him...

Lone Wanderer -5 HP

Lone Wanderer is still being dragged until he lets go, pulls out his weapon or is thrown loose.

Silent Fox
(Charisma hard Roll, taunt: 2+2=4, pass)

You decided to get the creature distracted a bit! Silent Fox: *whistles* "Hey you! Are you stupid or...oh shit! The Gourgaz turns from his intended prey and instead charges full bore at Silent Fox! It hisses something in it's sibilant language that roughly translates to "Nobody calls me stupid. NOBODY".

Gourgaz mega enraged: Changed Target to Silent Fox!, +3 damage to primary target, will attack this target until distracted, will take +3 damage from all sources

Mending Moon
(Agi roll:7, miss!)
(Arrow save? 1d4=4, no)
Despite your heroic words, the monster turns about face as soon as you let your arrow fly, and it sails harmlessly over his head. What...

-1 arrow

Sheltering Leaves
You drop into defensive stance, preparing for the worst...which doesn't come. The Gourgaz rage is redirected at the moment you were sure he would have struck. The few seconds allow you to catch your breath and let your training draw the concentrated lifeforce of the orange, easing your pain and closing your wounds. Not many people know how much power a Kai warrior can extract from mere food!

(Hand wave for how food can heal you in battle :P
Also, smart move with having your monkey give you food, ordinarily, you would haved to of passed a roll to use items in battle.)

Sheltering Leaves +4 HP

(Merame distraction roll:6)
Merame tosses another rock, but the Gourgaz doesn't seem to care...

Gourgaz
(Gourgaz attacks Silent Fox)
(Str roll:8, miss!)

Silent Fox is in awe of the rampaging beast, but not enough to let himself get smashed. As the chain comes down toward him, he raises a plume of dust around himself and vanishes. The chain smotes the ground with the sound of a thunderbolt, sending deep rents and cracks zig-zagging in all directions.

The Gourgaz is bleeding steadily from a large wound in his left arm-Lone Wanders glaive is embedded in it, and Lone Wanderer himself is hanging on and trying to yank it out. The creaures torso has been scarred with glaive and earth magic buckshot, but seems to be moderately damaged. He's got an arrow embedded in upper right chest, but it's merely stuck harmlessly in the hide. He's going a bit slower on his left leg where Sheltering Leaves kick connected. His right arm is scratched, but mostly undamaged. His face is half gone from the rock attack, and it's also bleeding. Also, he's gone berzerk. Like, crazy mad! The blood pouring from it's wounds means it cant last much longer, surely, but he seems to have some life left in him...

Gourgaz bleeds for 6 hp

(Random attack:6, bonus 1d2 attack, random target, 2=Lone Wander)

(Wanderer agility dodge roll 6=fail, 1d2=2)
Lone Wanderer hits the ground again, smashing his stubborn head on a jutting rock. Ow.

Lone Wanderer -2 hp
health below 50%

(Random attack:4, bonus 1d2 attack, random target,1=War Wind)

(Wanderer agility dodge roll 3=pass)
War Wind manages to land safely with a few practiced flaps of his draconic wings.

--------

Sub-boss battle!

Spoiler: Gourgaz (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Round of fail >_<
Keep attacking! You'll have to damage him up to half of his max health to beat his resist death roll for sure. ;)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:09:42 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try and lop off one of his legs.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Leaf thought fast. The head. Maybe I can knock it out, Lone Wanderer can get free. Helping him out must be my top priority. He chased after the Gourgaz and leaped into the air, drawing back his leg for a kick to the back of the head.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

you call that berzerk? ILL SHOW YOU THE MEANING OF PAIN use the glaivie as an "handle" to hold on to while i try to kick him in the face/balls (its an guy right?)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you call that berzerk? ILL SHOW YOU THE MEANING OF PAIN use the glaivie as an "handle" to hold on to while i try to kick him in the face/balls (its an guy right?)

I was assuming so. I better bone up on my reptilian anatomy...poor choice of words...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Engage evasive manoeuvres!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Move in and heal Lone Wanderer.  Good, the beast is distracted, now its demise is not so urgent, and I can do what I am best at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fair warning, that's gonna provoke an "attack of opportunity". Hopefully the creature will be dead by then!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

Fair warning, that's gonna provoke an "attack of opportunity". Hopefully the creature will be dead by then!

Very well.  Watch me die!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Very well.  Watch me die!

Well, even if he critted you for 6(strength)+4(crit 1d4 max)+1 or 2 (weapon damage, -1 assuming the glaive is still in), which is the max damage he could do, you would still survive. Of course, you could still get chosen for a random attack if he survived to the end of the turn...

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 110