Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85658 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 11-Night of Thunder and Omen
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2011, 10:31:28 am »

That's a good idea! This should balance out his high charisma score.

New rule: Pressing tide must eat the brain of one party member a day instead of a ration.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2011, 10:33:38 am »

What brain

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2011, 10:38:09 am »

I knew that high intelligence score would come back to bite me...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 12-Hostage Situation
« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2011, 03:25:46 pm »

Turn 12
Time:Late Night
Place:Overlooking the Esteros Crossroads

(Mending Moon Int Roll, MoM 6-3=3, pass, severity:3)
(Silent Fox Int Roll, Spooky breeze 9, fail)
(Sentry bravery roll 5+1=6 VS Frighten roll 2+3=5)
(Sentry Reaction roll 1)

Needless the say the sudden appearance of the two sentries caused a bit of confusion among the Kai...Sheltering Leaves acted quickly, drawing his form into his cloak, and sneaking into the nearby brush, intent upon ambush, while War Wind hid behind a tree to act as decoy.

Silent Fox and Mending Moon decided instead to attempt to scare them off with tricks, while Lone Wanderer scooted for the safety of a nearby tree to hide up.

The two sentries steadily began to grow more and more agitated as the tapping ruffled their cloaks. Silent Fox attempted to bolster the wind to effect, but he couldn't achieve any noticable result with the storm raging on...

What was that?! Felt like someone was touching my shoulder...
I don't know...probably just the wind...

After awhile, they pair seemed freaked out enough to leave without incident-and they would have, if War Wind had not stepped out at this moment and announced himself. For a second they hesitate, before breaking and running, reaching for the horns on their belts...

(Str roll:4, pass!) <--Sentry Teal
(Str roll:9, fail!, target 1d2=1) <--Sentry Green
(Luck roll: ?) ;)

Sheltering Leaves leaps from the bushes, disabling the older one with a sweeping kick, but before he could reach the younger-he blew his horn! The young sentry is rendered unconscious in a non-lethal chokehold a moment later, but the sound of the horn echoed out over the valley...what with the wind and thunder, you can't tell for sure if the camp heard it or not...

Silent Fox quickly uses his magic to bind the sentries hands in shackles of stone. You've got two men, one knocked out for a good long while, and other one groggy but defiant...what do you do with them?

I wont tell you anything Darkspawn scum, until you let my brother go!

Lone Wanderer is hiding in a tree along with Merame.
--------

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: We can freeform RP the interrogation btw
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:27:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 12-Hostage situation
« Reply #290 on: June 01, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

"Darkspawn? I think you might have a wrong impression"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »

Who else would be knocking out sentries in the middle of the night? I assume you'll have your pet Gourgaz eat me if I don't answer your questions, right? Well go ahead! I hope I give him stomach cramps!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 01, 2011, 04:02:27 pm »

Otherwise, I'll bring in IronyOwl. Bad luck for him that all the enemies in Veyar will be immune to mind blast...

>_>
Son of a...

Are you serious? :-\

That's a good idea! This should balance out his high charisma score.

New rule: Pressing tide must eat the brain of one party member a day instead of a ration.
But I-

Well, at least now I have an excuse.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 01, 2011, 04:10:28 pm »

I was sort of joking on the brain eating-though I'm sure you can work it into a combat skill somehow, and yes, I'll be plot dropping you into the game soon.

And yes, Veyar is filled with enemies that no minds to blast. I would of normally allowed your debut to be a bit more flashy.
---------

You might as just surrender right now! The entire army of Esteros heard that horn, they're right over that hill!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:15:28 pm by Dwarmin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »

"Well yes, we only wanted to scare you away so you wouldn't blow that horn, but my co-initiate here got carried away and I had to make sure you wouldn't hurt him."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2011, 04:22:50 pm »

I never heard a Darkspawn who cared so much about his captives. Keeping us fresh for torture is it? Eh? You'll not get the satisfaction from me!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »

"I'll try to make this clear. We are not darkspawn. We are monks from the Kai monastery."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2011, 04:30:03 pm »

Green cloaks and fancy tricks don't make you a Kai. We've caught dozens of Darklord spies sneaking through our land-how am I supposed to know your not one of them? They say the enemy oft hides his foulness in features fair and friendly.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

I was sort of joking on the brain eating-though I'm sure you can work it into a combat skill somehow, and yes, I'll be plot dropping you into the game soon.
Hmmmmm.... :D

And yes, Veyar is filled with enemies that no minds to blast. I would of normally allowed your debut to be a bit more flashy.
Ah, that makes sense. Let the 3-Str flailing commence!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 01, 2011, 05:15:47 pm »

Mending Moon continued to hide in the shadows, afraid that a the natural prejudice goblins seem to receive would not translate well here.  Not wanting to be completely useless, however, he looks off towards the army camp and maneuvers himself into a good place to keep watch.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 110