Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85590 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 10-First Death
« Reply #255 on: May 31, 2011, 09:50:49 am »

Glubb?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 10.5-CYOA
« Reply #256 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:48 am »

Might as well run the mini turn. Technically, you guys could have stayed around and looted the battlefield, though...

Turn 10.5
Time:Late Afternoon
Place:Somewhere close to Esteros Border
Time Left: Six and a half Days

The party, fearing that the battle will attract more enemies, swiftly finds their horses and rides off toward the border with Esteros...Lone Wanderer takes the time to pull his Glaive out of the beast, which twitches nastily as he does so. A few miles away, they finally feel safe enough to stop and rest, under the shade of an ancient Oak tree. Now is a good time as any to have an early dinner...Lone Wanderer, Sheltering Leaves and Merame enjoy a simple vegetarian meal of vegetables, fruit and nuts, typical of Elves, while War Wind chows down on a full portion of smoked meat. Silent Fox starts a small fire and warms up some tasty Lampsur soup, and Mending Moon snacks on native mushrooms from the Goblin kingdom. Your all thankful for Alma's consideration!

The horses are allowed to graze nearby, which they do contentedly.

All, -1 meal, Silent Fox +8 HP

You can all relax, allowing your meals to digest, and resting till nighttime when it is safer to move, recalling the words given to you earlier...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now is the time to decide your path. Any destination is no more than a half day away from where you are now, and from each other. After today, you've got six full days left to complete your mission.

-------------
War Wind feels he has awakened an old power that lay dormant within him...He feels as if he's got something burning inside him, just waiting to released...

War Wind gains: Fire Breathing/Three times a day and once per battle, you can breath fire on your foe for 3d3+1 damage. You have to eat a full meal beforehand to use this ability, not counting what you must eat to avoid starvation, and cannot eat a sapient being to do so, such as a Giak or a Human

---------
Silent Fox is enjoying his soup, feeling his wounds stich themselves back with supernatural speed, and trying to communicate with the elements, when he realizes he's gained an ally! A spirit of the wind saw the fight with the Gourgaz, and impressed with his courage, has agreed to aid him when called upon. "Fly like the wind brother!"

Silent gains: Swift as the Wind/Using his ability to manipulate the air, Silent Fox can dodge up to 3 damaging attacks a battle with a successful agility roll. His running speed is dramatically increased.
--------

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:10:51 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:19 am »

drink the lampsur potion (githyos)?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2011, 10:32:32 am »

Sheltering Leaves stood with his hand on the trunk of the tree as he stared off into the distance at Veyar. "This is an important decision," he said, watching the smoke rise. "I still feel it is best to go to Veyar first. Githyos and Erthon have already been confirmed to be fortresses of the enemy; we'll have difficulties entering them and completing our mission. Meanwhile we know nothing of Veyar. Maybe nothing happened there, or maybe it is being converted for dark purposes; either way we will have to go there and face the unknown eventually. It may be best to do it now before anything develops there."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 31, 2011, 10:38:47 am »

ok vote changed for veyar.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2011, 10:49:20 am »

Lone Wanderer is the first to break the silence, taking regular sips from his Lampsur potion, as color and vitality return to him.

He argues that they should attempt to infiltrate Githyos first, and contact the spy within. Undoubtly, if he remains alive and undiscovered, the information he has gathered will point toward the true nature of trouble in Esteros.

The others are not convinced yet. Githyos is the largest city in the region-it's a massive, crowded and split by many dozens of rivers and waterways coming down from the nearby mountain. It's also a great place to hide, full of criminals and Darklands smugglers, and occasional spy...it may be the easiest to sneak into, but it will surely be the most dangerous within-the city is unlawful on it's best days, and now it will be much worse. As an upside, any Darklord influence will be just as meaningless to the cities criminal element.

Sheltering Leaves argues for Veyar-it's the smallest of the three cities, but the most wealthy from it's position as the center of manufacturing in Esteros-the city was built on a series of 4 terraces, each level housing the higher members of society-at the very top, the Holy Church of Kai located on a natural leyline of magic. The population was small, but hard working and independent. The only problem is the most direct path to Veyar will take you dangerously close to the army encamping near the crossroads, which would explain why Swift Waters scouts could not get close enough for a proper survey.

Lone Wanderer reluctantly admits Veyar is the best choice, and the other three Kai remain undecided.

Maybe now is the time to use the Karma Cards? Such tools can be used to better interpret what information you already know...

OOC: The Karma cards act like Darvis GM hax in CvRTD :P
Since theres two of you working together, you'll get a +2 to your D10 vs a D10 fate roll
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:26:03 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 31, 2011, 10:50:59 am »

Veyar
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 31, 2011, 11:08:52 am »

"No preference here."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2011, 11:39:07 am »

"I shall leave things up to those you, my friends.  We shall always find bodies to heal and darkspawn to kill.  Now hold still, this will only take a moment." Mending Moon opens his healing kit, and begins to patch up the wounded.

For an additional power, I was thinking something like: Small- three times per day and once per battle, Mending Moon can use his naturally small goblin size to appear less threatening.  This can either be used to make those attacking Mending Moon seek other targets, or can be used to avoid a single attack of opportunity.  Does not work if Mending Moon is the only target nearby.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »

For an additional power, I was thinking something like: Small- three times per day and once per battle, Mending Moon can use his naturally small goblin size to appear less threatening.  This can either be used to make those attacking Mending Moon seek other targets, or can be used to avoid a single attack of opportunity.  Does not work if Mending Moon is the only target nearby.

Sounds good. You'll have to beat out the targeted enemies intelligence roll though-it's not a physically draining or damaging skill, so I would allow you to use as many times a day as you could, once each battle. Luckily most Darkspawn are pretty stupid, so it will work on them. :P

-----
Mending Moon ponders on his tactics in the last battle. His bravery, while commendable, was perhaps not so smart-after all, he can't help anyone if he's being attacked himself. He slowly begins to form a plan. While Goblins like him are not as naturally small as Kobolds or Halflings, they do have a tendency to appear less dangerous then they truly are...and striking the backs of enemies foolish enough to disregard them.

Mending Moon gains: Misdirection-Once per battle, Mending Moon can use his naturally small goblin size to appear less threatening.  This can either be used to make those attacking Mending Moon seek other targets, or can be used to avoid a single attack of opportunity.  Does not work if Mending Moon is the only target nearby. The enemy must fail an intelligence check for this to work.

--------
The group is mostly decided-three are in favor of going to Veyar, and the remaining two have no preference. Mending moon is more concentrated on dealing with the parties injuries.

(Int healing Roll:6-1=5, pass)

He first takes a look at Sheltering Leaves head-it's got quite a lump from hitting the tree. He decides to place one of medicinal pouches on it, affixing it to his head with a fast bonding organic resin that comes from tree sap-a lttle trick he picked up in Blackport, where medical supplies were rare, if not non-existant. He tells him to try not and get hit on the head again for awhile.

Though reluctant to use his Kai Curing skills on himself, he admits that pain in his ribs cannot be ignored...he places his hand over the wound, feels his cracked rib reform from within. A minor miracle, and one he's well versed in. He even has a few leftover supplies, which he adds to his kit. Every little bit helps. He checks over the rest of the party, and finds nothing of note-the Lampsur has down it's job well.

-1 healing poultice, 5x2=10 hitpoints healed (Sheltering Leaves +4 14/14, Mending Moon +3 13/13, 3 HP overshot save 1d2=1, round down)
+1 Medical Bandage, heals +1 health

Sheltering Leaves +4 HP
Mending Moon +3 HP
---------------------

The group watches as the sun goes down through the trees. This should an interesting night...

-will run next turn this evening, feel free to RP till then!-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 12:23:37 pm by Dwarmin »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2011, 12:15:04 pm »

Žlone wanderer inspected his glaivie until he found an crack in the pole (dunno the real name for it) the blade was attached toŽ "goddamit" he said as he threw it at an innocent tree,
"well that was stupid .... what made me attack an giant humanoid 5 metres tall and hang on to this thing as i was being flailed around in the air just beacause this was stuck in his arm"?
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2011, 02:26:56 pm »

Sheltering Leaves sat with his back to a tree, his arms and legs crossed and his head down in meditation. Merame hung from her tail a few feet above him, mimicking his posture. Whether that was to mock him or just a case of monkey see, monkey do, he wasn't sure. "Hey Sanera... Why'd Mom join up with you, anyway?" she asked, looking down at him. Leaf opened his eyes and looked up. "If you're expecting a long tale I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. She traveled with me because that's what her father did, and his mother before him, and so on." Merame looked puzzled. "Yeesh. How old ARE you?" she asked.

He furrowed his brow in thought. "Not very old, by elven standards. I was born in the autumn, and if you want to go by every time I've seen the leaves change from green to gold then I've been alive at least one hundred and eighty-five such seasons. I've been training to be a Kai for one hundred and twenty of them." "Slow learner, huh?" the monkey asked, her tone teasing. "I've been overcoming... racial limitations. Elves, as a whole, are known to use bows to fight for a reason, then swords. Hardly any of us use heavy weaponry and fewer still train their bodies to fight the way I have." He looked over at Lone Wanderer, who had just stopped inspecting his glaive to fling it at a tree, then turned back to Merame.

"Any other questions?" "What about that guy?" Leaf looked over at Mending Moon. "What about him? I'm not very familiar with other races. He's a goblin, and a healer." The bandage on his head was proof of that, and the lack of pain after it being applied proof that he was skilled. "To be honest this is the first time I've met these four. I can't really tell you anything about them save what we've both observed." Merame sighed in disappointment and swung back and forth idly. "You should go talk to one of them then. I'd do it but I don't think they understand me," she said. "I'd rather not disturb their preparations. I'm sure they have things on their mind other than random questions meant only to sate a monkey's curiosity." "Leaf...~ come on, come on, comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon-" "All right, fine. Pick one," Sheltering Leaves sighed.

(Might as well roll a d4... 1) "Go talk to the human, I wanna know why they call him Silent Fox!" she demanded. Leaf couldn't help but smile a little. "You do realize with a name like 'Silent' Fox he's not likely to be very talkative? Very well, though, if that's what you want." The elf stood and made his way over to the human, his arms folded behind his back as he tried to think of something to say. Eventually he was standing beside him. "...I wanted to compliment you on your facility with magic," he said after a few moments. "It was thanks to your earth spells that we were able to defeat him without losing any of our number."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 11-Night of Thunder and Omen
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2011, 09:42:02 pm »

Turn 11
Time:Late Night
Place:Overlooking the Esteros Crossroads

The party, rested and healed, departs at the setting of the sun toward Veyar.

(Encounter roll, 1-2=0)
(Navigation roll, 5 vs 6=minor delay)
(Weather Roll:5, storm/Severity:3)

If there are any unfriendly eyes looking the young Kai warriors, the dark of night keeps them safe. They silently pass the border with no incident. The land changes from the verdant forestlands of Sommerlund to the tough, hilly country of Esteros-they find themselves baffled by the sudden change in terrain, and are forced to backtrack several times when they run into sheer, unpassable cliffs or gorges that seemingly have no bottom. The natural defenses of this land are no doubt what make it such a good barrier against the Darklords...to make things worse, a sudden storm blows in from the West, dumping buckets of freezing rain and hailstones, along with powerful gusts of wind.

The Kai pull up their heavy cloaks and rough it out as they may, but only Mending Moon is completely unaffected-his skill at Mind over Matter allows his body to deflect the worst of the weather. One can see the drops of rain and ice subtly deflect away from him at the last moment, as if he were wearing an invisible bubble.

-Conditions: Bad Storm, -1 to all stats while in the open, Mind over Matter negates-

The trip through Esteros is revealing...the Kai find evidence of multiple skirmishes. Most of them are similiar to the place you just left-fields littered with rotting Giak. You also find several villages, devoid of life and burnt to timbers-investigation reveals the remains are mostly Human, though who did the burning you cannot tell. Depressingly, you also find incidences of Esteros soldiers who have seemingly attacked each other. The rumors of civil war seem all to true. Mending Moon takes the time to refill his quiver with good Esteros arrow shafts from one of the battle sights-they are made of finely aged Ironwood, and fly straight and true, as can be expected from those who have learned to hunt in this land.

Mending moon, +12 Arrows
--------

Eventually, they arrive at the cross roads,finding a cliff overlooking the soldiers camp. It's quite large-10,000 men strong. Still, no match for the proud 5th army of Sommerlund, if that sad outcome should come to pass. Most of them are secreted in their tents, but there are a suprising number of sentries braving the terrible weather with meager waterproof torches to patrol the perimeter. It's clear they are on alert, but for what, exactly?

That's when the Kai hear Esteros troops in the forest behind them! Two of them, in fact, likely coming to check on the very spot your in now. You begin to hear voices...

Tell me again brother, what did we do to deserve patrol duty on a night like this?
We? You slept with the captains girlfriend, remember? But, I wouldn't let you come out here alone, no matter what he said.
Thanks for that. I mean, I've seen things, we all have...
Spit it out, there's no one out here to inform on us. Not like poor Elfric. All he says was "Killing fellow men of Esteros, it ain't right."...one of those new men, the ones that work for the general, they overheard it and hanged him for it.
Things have gone rotten, real fast, that's for sure. Me and some the boys, we'd of done something but...we can't afford to harbor dissent with the damn undead on one side, the Giaks from the other, and Sommerlund looking at us from over the border. Elfric should of kept his damn mouth shut...
You know, Sommerlunds' likely as scared of the Darkspawn as we are. Why the Hell hasn't the general asked for their help?
He say's the Darklords have gotten spies in everywhere-even in Sommerlund, and the Kai. I mean, can you argue with that? Our own queen, struck down by her brother! And he turns into one of them monsters, right before our eyes! He's right to be wary of "help" from Sommerlund, and to close the border. We can only trust each other...
Well, I'm getting fed up shooting carav..hey, what's that ahead? I thought I saw some sort of little furry creature in a tree...

You'll need to act now!

--------

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:Feel free to transcend all temporal limits when roleplaying, by the way. You can set your RP at any point during the turn of before it.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »

Question, could I shock them by asking where the captain's wife was so I could also do her?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:32 pm »

Question, could I shock them by asking where the captain's wife was so I could also do her?

-query ignored-

:P

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 110