Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85705 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 12-Hostage situation
« Reply #315 on: June 02, 2011, 12:32:11 am »

Other than the fact my parents and sister are buried there? Not much else. It's fairly large, and composed of extensive catacombs, and traditionally guarded by an order of acolytes rumored to be descended from a Kai Grand Master, who built it, to house his remains after his death, along with his most powerful weapons and artifacts-also, he was rumored to have stored a great treasure underneath his tomb, and to guard it against any intruders he built it like a deadly maze, filled with traps. Needless to say, many a foolish young man has gone to his death trying to explore within-the acolytes are unfriendly, and will kill those that trespass with no remorse.

Last I knew, it was unspoiled. I heard they investigated and found no overt sign of evil-odd, what with the undead roaming around everywhere else...the acolytes claimed to have killed many intruders, Giaks and Humans alike, but no undead has dared to step upon the grounds. It's clear whatever power that is housed there has protected the inhabitants from rising to harry us. We have taken it as a sign of providence and let it go at that-one less thing to worry about.

You all have the basic knowledge of Kai historical figures-you believe he may be talking about "Dusk Runner"-a Kai Warrior was known as a tireless hunter of the undead and those who practiced Necromancy. In his long life, he gathered an abundance of lore, weapons and artifacts pertaining to their destruction...at the end of his life, he left the order for reasons that remain unwritten, and took them with him. Many places were theorized to have been his burial place-the catacombs of Keening Willow were one of them, but the acolytes have forbade anyone to search.

Of the great treasure Bronson speaks of, none of you can guess-it was likely the catalyst for his split with the order-he may have not trusted such a treasure to none other but himself if it was powerful enough.

An investigation may reveal the fate of the Kai scouts-there may even be remnants of Dusk Runners treasures to be found, a sure advantage against the undead. Then again, it may all be naught but rumors...long spun tales of power and glory that have led to deaths of many other young men such as yourselves.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 02, 2011, 12:38:02 am »

"I do not wish to pillage a brother's final resting place, whether or not he left the order," Leaf said, looking unsure. "On the other hand it is the only solid lead we have. Thank you, Bronson." He turned to his brothers. "What do you think? Should we proceed to Veyar, and should we go to the cemetery?" he asked. For his own part, he was quite curious as to why the undead would leave the cemetery alone. That hinted quite heavily that it perhaps truly was Dusk Runner's final home, and this knowledge would be welcomed by the Order, he was sure.

Also, if they went, it wasn't like they HAD to take anything. They could merely talk to the acolytes and then resume their journey. "Personally I'm for it," he said after a moment to think it over.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 02, 2011, 01:01:13 am »

"I agree.  What I find truly interesting is that out intelligence said that Keening Willow Cemetery was indeed tainted, yet here we have evidence to the contrary.  I believe that it would be best to investigate it.  We lose naught but time, and have the possibility to gain much."
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »

Your deliberations are interrupted by sounds coming from the camp below you-loud voices and the baying of hounds. It's clear they have begun to search for the missing soldiers. Bronson speaks quickly...

I wouldn't get captured if I were you. You probably heard me talk about what happened to Elfric earlier...

You've only got a little time left.

((Well, that's two votes for the cemetary. I'll give Darvi/Taricus a chance to weigh in before updating.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 02, 2011, 03:24:55 pm »

"I say we slip inside the city while they're searching for us"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:14 pm »

"I say we slip inside the city while they're searching for us"
((What city?  We're "Smack dab in the crossroads" between the three major cities.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 02, 2011, 05:58:19 pm »

We slip away to get to the city then.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 02, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »

"If the cemetery is indeed tainted, then I might just have the tools for it..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:24 pm »

You want to go off by yourself Taricus? Clarify your actions, and where you would go.

I wouldn't go to Veyar by yourself though...

Those who managed to escape said the city had been overrun with undead

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2011, 07:19:27 pm »

Oh, disreguard that then.

"Let's go to the cemetary then."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

disreguard
lol

Running turn now...say your goodbyes to Lone Wanderer...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 13-Short Straw
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2011, 08:08:42 pm »

Turn 13
The team deliberates swiftly, as the soldiers scour the area for them...War Wind objects at first, but is eventually brought to reason when he realizes that Veyar will likely take all the combined skills of the Kai warriors to survive.

They decide that the Keening Willow Cemetary would be the wisest approach, for now-but, as they are about to depart into the nigh, they hear the shouts of the hunters-they have been found! At least 100 soldiers walking in staggered formation approach from from all sides, pinning them between the forest and the cliff side...the Kai know they cannot escape without killing many innocent soldiers of Esteros. There is no discussion now. Your training has always emphasized the needs of the many, over the needs of the few...one of you must make a path for the others to escape.

Lone Wanderer is the one to volunteer. There are no tearful goodbyes, nor long winded speeches. He merely walks forward to do what he must in silence. In the hail of rain and wind and crash of thunder, he carves a path through the soldiers, every blow the glaive shaft or flat of his blade, so as to not kill. The remaining Kai ride through the hole created and vanish into the night.

Then, with a sigh, he raises his hands and drops his weapon, allowing the soldiers to take him prisoner. The soldiers bind his hands-and take him back to the camp. Bronson and his brother are also taken for questioning...

Lone Wanderer is led into the center of the camp. Some of the soldiers are respectfully silent, others jeer rudely, or curse him and all of Sommerlund. He is led to an audience with General Billon...they roughly throw him to the floor of the tent. Billon, an aging, yet handsome man of about 45 with a full grey beard and thick glass spectacles, kneels down and places a hand on his shoulder. Lone Wanderer feels his life force being rapidly drained by an unseen force. The General then says...

Welcome to my camp...Lone Wanderer. I know your name. I think my masters will be very interested in meeting you...and soon, the rest of your friends, as well.

*Lone Wanderer has been captured by the enemy. For now, at least, his quest has come to an end.*

-------------------

Time:Midnight
Place:Outside the Keening Willow Cemetary

The other Kai are blissfully unaware of these developments. They ride through the night, knowing that the storm will erase all trace of their passage. At last, they arrive at the outskirts of the Cemetary. It must stretch for miles, row after row of carefully maintained headstones and crypts...and it is utterly silent-no birds, nor insects.

To the eye, it looks untainted, but the Kai can feel a pulsing evil underneath the land they cannot help but feel compelled to seek out and destroy. Located in the center, a single two story building with a bell tower-the home of the Acolytes-a few lonely lights shine through the windows, indicating someone is awake at this hour. They are burdened with grief, and weary of a long nights travel, but cautious of what may await them within...

-------------------
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:11:27 pm by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2011, 08:13:34 pm »

Tell the damned undead (If any) to stay underground.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 02, 2011, 08:18:31 pm »

Sheltering Leaves sighed. It was a bad omen, being forced to leave Lone Wanderer behind, even if it was for the sake of the cause. Merame, for once, was quiet as well, clinging to his back. He folded his arms and looked at the building in the center of the graveyard. "How should we proceed?" he asked. They could sneak in, fight their way in, or try to talk their way in, and he thought about it. Most distrust draconians and goblins... He turned to Silent Fox. "Maybe the two of us should go first and try to convince the acolytes to let us look around while Mending Moon and War Wind hide nearby. If the Acolytes force a confrontation it will take all of us to fight them off..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2011, 01:10:50 am »

"I agree" said Mending Moon, "though I fear the acolytes have been taken by some curse.  The evil here is nearly palpable; even the descendants of fallen Kai should be able to feel it."
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 110